• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

That NTC of Raf's is going to put a damper on that idea...

He can always waive it.

And I don't mean whoever as in a bag of pucks, I just don't know who we'd make a trade for. Just a big name we can put in the top 6. We need new blood.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Not that I am happy with a second round exit. But at the beginning of the playoffs I said if the wings can get to the second round, I personally would consider this season a success. The wings have the longest summer they have had in like 4yrs. Get healthy. Hopefully they will be ready to go in october. That said, go sharks/bruins!!!! My worst nightmare for a finals is chicago/pens.

We'll make him an offer he cannot refuse.

We not get more than a bag of groceries and a used jock strap for that guy. I don't throw our guys under the bus often but man was he bad. I have friends who are Canucks fans and have told them I would trade Raf for Bieksa right this second. They have both been terrible but at least we would save some salary !

Guest Lidstromboli

I don't understand how anyone could think this was a good season. There's no such thing as a good season unless the Wings win it all.

it's a good season considering where the Wings were before the olympics and what they did to get into the playoffs

but hey if they don't win the stanley cup every year why even bother right

Lidstrom on Fox saying they lost the series through little things: wrong play at the wrong time, not winning faceoffs, not capitalizing on the PP. Says the Wings never lost confidence in themselves. Also says that right now it feels like it's going to take forever to get over this loss. He's going to sit down with Holland once everything settles down and decide his future from there.

Its sucks too lose but all things considered they had a good season... unfortunately a really crappy playoff though... The Sharks were obviously the better team but its still disappointing to see the guys lose... I'll still love my wings no matter what! GO WINGS!!!

Edited by Rockitman

I don't understand how anyone could think this was a good season. There's no such thing as a good season unless the Wings win it all.

Considering we were at a 36% chance to make the playoffs with less than a quarter of the regular season to go?

I'm disappointed that we didn't move on, but to say that this wasn't a good season is trying to make a situation black and white when there's all kinds of other colors out there.

Thanks for a great season Wings. Tough series. Sharks deserved to win. Maybe not in 5, I didn't expect that. Had some things go their way, but they're a good team. I'm not upset about losing to the Sharks.

Don't think this is necessarily a "go back to the drawing board" type end of the season. Wings have good players and a good goaltender. No reason to panic in the D. At least in my opinion. We'll see who comes and goes. Hudler back. Maybe more health out of the entire team next year. Looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone here too for a great season.

it's time for this team to make some changes. everyone knows kenny won't do much. but he should. i'm so sick of this sloppy play in our end. we give the puck away more than any team i see. we lose battles along the boards more than any other team. we're terrible in faceoffs all of a sudden. we lack heart!!! same thing happened in the finals last year. we played a team that simply wanted it more. that's unacceptable.

we need some new blood! SHAKE IT UP KENNY!

Oh, stop blaming the referees. When you don't win face-offs, don't play with any strength or heart, or any "give a damn", you're going to lose. And the Sharks showed Detroit that. Not that Detroit gives a damn.

Yeah, there were tons of bad calls against Detroit. The winning goal came off a non-call. Who cares. They had PLENTY of time to get back in the game.

This Detroit team deserved to lose. Call me an idiot, a bandwagon fan, whatever. If they played like game #4, I would be singing a different tune. But they only played like they wanted to win twice in these playoffs. Sorry, but no matter how big of a fan I am, I'm not going to pretend like they are superheroes. Instead I am going to see them for what they were this postseason: Real people with a bad work ethic. If your co-workers were lazy, you'd be pissed too.

You know what? I can't argue with you on any of that. However, one could make a case that despite being outplayed or outhusseled, despite losing faceoffs (other than on PK's), despite playing with a lack of heart, it took bad calls or bad non calls to put the dagger in in all 4 of SJ's wins. You could make a pretty solid case there. I even want to go so far as to say it's the Wings own fault for having to chase the puck more than being on possession of the puck, but some crucial calls weren't even because of that.

I don't know, it's just hard to swallow. SJ deserves to win, and they get the credit, but boy they sure had a lot of help.

Disappointing series, but overall a decent season. I don't think it is so wrong to hope for the Cup every year. But in no means was this a bad season. The Wings fought when they needed most and played their hearts out.

Just doesn't feel like we should have lost this one in 5 games. Could have gone 6-7, just some questionable calls and bad bounces. Can't wait for next season. Let's Go Wings!

i wonder if the league will look at the headshot that Murray gave Mule and suspend him.

I highly doubt it. Unfortunately the league seems to think its right to suspend players only when they injure a player. No injury then dont even bother hoping for a suspension.

You know what? I can't argue with you on any of that. However, one could make a case that despite being outplayed or outhusseled, despite losing faceoffs (other than on PK's), despite playing with a lack of heart, it took bad calls or bad non calls to put the dagger in in all 4 of SJ's wins. You could make a pretty solid case there. I even want to go so far as to say it's the Wings own fault for having to chase the puck more than being on possession of the puck, but some crucial calls weren't even because of that.

I don't know, it's just hard to swallow. SJ deserves to win, and they get the credit, but boy they sure had a lot of help.

My rebut to that would be that all of the games except #4 were close. Detroit was sloppy in them. If they weren't so sloppy, maybe they would have been able to overcome the bad officiating.

I am really sad about the loss, but it wasn't meant to be. I hope that San Jose and Boston make it to the finals. Even though I don't like Thorton, I would be okay with either team winning the Cup. My worst nightmare would be Chicago or Pittsburgh winning, since I cannot stand either team.

I've said it numerous times; I'd take our late 1990's team over todays roster in a heartbeat!

Thank you Captain Obvious. The late 90's team was legendary and probably will not ever be reproduced. The Wings won the cup in half of the 6 years from 97-02. I've accepted that that's just not going to happen as easily in today's game.