• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

I don't even know what to say. Once again, this game was there for the taking, and once again an incompetent combo of officiating and stupid plays killed the Wings. Did they even have a legitimately good scoring chance in the last two periods? I don't remember many. Certainly nothing in front of the net off rebounds -- maybe that one play where Cleary got tackled going for a rebound, but that's it.

Such a disappointing end to the season. Hopefully Kenny and the brass take some looks at this roster. Is it good enough to win if 100% healthy? I don't know ... it didn't look like it. San Jose, Chicago, Phoenix/Winnipeg, Nashville, etc. aren't going anywhere.

Dammit.

Lidstrom on Fox saying they lost the series through little things: wrong play at the wrong time, not winning faceoffs, not capitalizing on the PP. Says the Wings never lost confidence in themselves. Also says that right now it feels like it's going to take forever to get over this loss. He's going to sit down with Holland once everything settles down and decide his future from there.

:(

I have to get up early tomorrow morning, but I just want to say so long for awhile to those of you've taught me stuff, who've made me laugh, and who've stuck by this team. For those of you who will proceed here to rip and tear and say they played with no heart; or they should have played much harder, you can stick it sideways and rotating. I feel nothing but disgust for you.

This team pretty much played their asses off, and not many of us expected them to get as far as they did. I love them and I feel so very bad for them.

Later.

Later Vladifan!

I feel terrible. I absolutely feel that the San Jose Sharks did not earn this series.

I cannot go along with that... I think Mickey's summation at the end of the broadcast summed it up. SJ deserved full credit for winning this thing, but the refs didn't help matters. That no-call on the hit on Franzen was the bad officiating coup de grace of the whole series.

ENJOY YOUR SUMMER. I hear the 80's are coming back for you. Just yanking a few chains before the draft. :lol:

Does St. Louis even field a hockey team anymore? Sorry If I didn't notice...Been to busy watching the Wings win 4 cups lately...

Edited by Rockitman

Tough series, losing by one goal in all these games. One bad call, bad break, stupid play (Rafalski...) cost the Wings big time.

No need to go back to the drawing board, though. Unless Lidstrom retires, but I'd prefer not to think about that. The Wings will get Hudler back next season, hopefully tweak a thing here or there, and be right back at it next spring.

I cannot go along with that... I think Mickey's summation at the end of the broadcast summed it up. SJ deserved full credit for winning this thing, but the refs didn't help matters. That no-call on the hit on Franzen was the bad officiating coup de grace of the whole series.

I'm having trouble separating the two. In my mind, SJ played well enough to be in position to win four of five games ... and in at least three of those, had a substantial amount of help. What if they make that call on Murray? What if there's not a ridiculous 5-on-3 for the Sharks in game 1? I mean, the list goes on and on. When the refs have the ability to play as big of a role as they do in the NHL, it's worthless to try and remove them from the equation. The Sharks had the benefit of the officiating for almost the entire series, and when it did lean their way, it did so at EXTREMELY important moments.

My rebut to that would be that all of the games except #4 were close. Detroit was sloppy in them. If they weren't so sloppy, maybe they would have been able to overcome the bad officiating.

Perhaps, except when the calls are so bad that it doesn't really make a difference what you do. 4 5 on 3's in the series is absurd, no matter what penalties are committed.

But I do know what you mean. Moer times than not the Wings lacked effort and passion in this series, and really in the last series which is why it took 7 games in round 1.

I want to start my own PANIC thread, but can't think of what to say.

Any ideas for one?

Yeah, i'm sure some people around here are aching to see someone start a Howard Bashing thread, and wonder why Ozzie wasn't in for game 5.

overall im satisfied with how the far the wings have gone. considering all the struggles and injuries the wings had to battle all season and almost not making the playoffs.

the refs were finally good tonight, minus the dirty hit on franzen but stuart got murray right back. i still think the wings were the better team, they just had alot of bad breaks and calls in the first 3 games. game 4 was just a show of what the wings were really made of.

i cant blame anyone for the loss tonight, the sharks were simply the better team tonight. i thought the wings played good tonight in the 2nd and 3rd and never sat back, played with alot of heart to the end unlike other times. the sharks capitalized on a huge mistake the wings made and made it count. howard played awesome and had some great saves. bert was back to being invisible, i really dont care if he and williams are not back next year. also tonight homers slow speed really showed hmmmmm. datsyuk really needs a buddy that can keep up with him and snipe it. neither of which homer or flip can do.

i really hope lids does not retire and comes back next year for another run at the cup, he def can still compete easily at this level and is still one of the best. he was really good tonight minus one turnover. ill be looking forward to seeing huds and abs full time next season and some surprise moves would be nice too. everyone needs a nice long rest epically everyone who was injured this season. gonna be a long off season as usual

as always go wings!

and GO HABS or BRUINS! dont want sharks hawks or pens winning the cup

Edited by brett

Hope the mods are on full duty tonight to take care of the trolls.

After a game like this, we're all trolls buddy. ;)

Yeah, i'm sure some people around here are aching to see someone start a Howard Bashing thread, and wonder why Ozzie wasn't in for game 5.

Well, Osgood would have gotten us the shutout.

Not a bad idea but probably too far fetched.

I mean ... what do you want from this team? To say that they didn't play with enough heart is absurd. They lost FOUR games by ONE goal each against the top-seeded team in the West, three of them away from home, and in all of those losses had more penalties called against them -- the majority of which came at EXTREMELY crucial parts of the game.

Did the refs decide this series? No. But it's not like SJ steamrolled Detroit. This was about as even as a 4-1 series can get and the Wings had plenty of chances to swing it the other way.

I mean ... what do you want from this team? To say that they didn't play with enough heart is absurd. They lost FOUR games by ONE goal each against the top-seeded team in the West, three of them away from home, and in all of those losses had more penalties called against them -- the majority of which came at EXTREMELY crucial parts of the game.

Did the refs decide this series? No. But it's not like SJ steamrolled Detroit. This was about as even as a 4-1 series can get and the Wings had plenty of chances to swing it the other way.

I agree. I thought the Wings left it all on the ice. I saw them give a great effort tonight. The Sharks got the job done, that is all.