• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

I hope this years failures lead to next years rewards.

My observation from this round is the 3rd 4th lines need something.

In past years the 3rd and 4th lines have gotten the odd goals this year not so much, with 1 goal games some production from the 3rd or the 4th would have really helped.

Have a good healthy rest this summer red wings, they deserve it after the previous 3 years playoff runs.

Edited by shoe

I hope this years failures lead to next years rewards.

My observation from this round is the 3rd 4th lines need something.

In past years the 3rd and 4th lines have gotten the odd goals this year not so much, with 1 goal games some production from the 3rd or the 4th would have really helped.

Have a good healthy rest this summer red wings, they deserve it after the previous 3 years playoff runs.

Yeah, and I just realized this is my first year on LGW when we won't be going to the Finals. :(

Boy if you guys thought I was bad before.... :P

I picked up a ticket for Game 6 through TicketBastard and got the same exact seat that I had for Game 4. Thought that was a good sign. Didn't get the # for that cute girl that was sitting to my left for Game 4 (should have asked so that's my fault.)

I suppose that serendipity has it's plan.

I had a ticket for 6 as well. Not the same place as I sat for game 4, however. I had a really annoying bunch of guys in front of me though for game 4, so. The guys to my right were cool though. Hey, maybe it was you :lol:

Anyway, I'm proud of the Wings this season. They did well with all the injuries in the beginning and they gave us an awesome last home game at the Joe. Can't wait till next season!

The only thing that softens the blow of tonight's game is the fact that I honestly didn't think we'd win.

Even when we scored, the lead didn't last for very long.

Yeah, and the story all playoff for this is we get a penalty called on us, and we can't win the faceoff in our zone. If Datsyuk wins that faceoff, or even just falls down and uses his hand to get the puck, that goal doesn't happen.

I had a ticket for 6 as well. Not the same place as I sat for game 4, however. I had a really annoying bunch of guys in front of me though for game 4, so. The guys to my right were cool though. Hey, maybe it was you :lol:

Anyway, I'm proud of the Wings this season. They did well with all the injuries in the beginning and they gave us an awesome last home game at the Joe. Can't wait till next season!

I almost bought game 4 tickets, but was only going to buy them if we had won game 3. Wish I woulda anyway. I was going to buy game 6 tickets if we had won tonight...

Guest Shoreline

Great season by the boys. Definitely didn't go as far as I wanted them to, but didn't expect them to make it this far either given the number of injuries. Sharks finally showed up for the playoffs.

Great season by the boys. Definitely didn't go as far as I wanted them to, but didn't expect them to make it this far either given the number of injuries. Sharks finally showed up for the playoffs.

You should quote LeftWinger's post where he said he's given up on being a hockey fan.

I think we all got the vibe this season had 'suck' written on it when Franzen went down so early that kind of kicked off the freakish pile of injuries. By suck I mean a season where even in your heart of hearts you think this squad is lacking, but barely, the qualities to win the cup. It's a good problem to have. It could be worse, some children are born and raised Panther fans. It's true. I looked it up on the internet.

Next year we have another kick at the can. Think of that poor sullen preteen in Coral Gables in Florida who gets bagged over the head on Christmas morning with a goddamned Nathan Horton jersey instead of the glee a boy or girl from Detroit gets with the arrival of a new Jimmy Howard sweater.. They're not making Florida Panthers backwards slow motion great playoff moments in NHL history that end with "What if Mellanby had never whacked that rat in the locker room?"

No friends, next year we get another kick at the can

4591286862_117a4e1653_o.jpg

I think we all got the vibe this season had 'suck' written on it when Franzen went down so early that kind of kicked off the freakish pile of injuries. By suck I mean a season where even in your heart of hearts you think this squad is lacking, but barely, the qualities to win the cup. It's a good problem to have. It could be worse, some children are born and raised Panther fans. It's true. I looked it up on the internet.

Next year we have another kick at the can. Think of that poor sullen preteen in Coral Gables in Florida who gets bagged over the head on Christmas morning with a goddamned Nathan Horton jersey instead of the glee a boy or girl from Detroit gets with the arrival of a new Jimmy Howard sweater.. They're not making Florida Panthers backwards slow motion great playoff moments in NHL history that end with "What if Mellanby had never whacked that rat in the locker room?"

No friends, next year we get another kick at the can

4591286862_117a4e1653_o.jpg

Very good perspective on things yes but... Don't know if I want a Howie jersey for Christmas this year... :P

Edited by Rockitman

Just finished watching.

It's fitting that this series ended like it did, a blown call right before a GWG.

Saying that, the sharks deserve this one.

There's always next year...

Go Wings.

Guest mindfly

I expect alot of different faces for next year, the depth on this team was pathetic this year

I was almost written up for a noise complaint, twice, during the game (first time I forgot what I was yelling at, the second was the franzen hit). Oh well, can't expect them to make it to the finals every year. At least this year they get a few more weeks for rest.

My friend and I were discussing the Filpulla hit. If that was Crosby in his place, there's no doubt that would've been 5 min, player kicked out, and also suspended. Just my opinion anyways.

So...anyone plan on making a "what if the NHL enforced its rules" History Will Be Made commercial for the Franzen (or Fil) cheap-shot? :P

First I want to say this: You guys have an amazing and scary team, and if it weren't for Nabokov making some amazing saves every one of those games could have gone the other way. Howard was good, but Nabber was just a little better, that and not the refs decided this series. I'm shocked that someone would even suggest "massive" changes to the roster when your team was easily one of the best five teams in the NHL. Howard will be a year more experienced and you'll be back next year, hopefully we will meet again in 2011. Great series, it's been a lot of fun and you guys have been fun to hang out with. See you next year.

Second for the people calling for suspensions or even a penalty on Murray? Really? Stuart whacked Pavelski so hard in the mouth with his elbow it dislodged a tooth. Murray got doubleteamed by Bertuzzi and (someone else) by the bench, no where NEAR the puck and they tried to remove his head. Their was more than one cheap shot in last night's game. So really, just stop. All the whining diminishes the whole results.

Your team played hard and our team played hard. Leave it at that. rolleyes.gif

We need to re-tool.This whole soft euro sttyle obviously isn't working.We need the right blend of skill and grit and we didn't have it this year.Let Bertuzzi,Williams,Maltby,Lebda,Meech,Lilja,and Miller walk.

Hahah. You think it was a lack of physicality why we lost? The hockey is going towards puck posession game - more skilled game. Many teams (LIKE SAN JOSE) have already mimicked the Red Wings style.

This team will never play a dump and chase style in the near future and this team won't be like the Flyers. Our style of game and the right players to play it have been the key for our success in the recent years.

Penguins, Sharks, Canucks... all those team have mimicked the Red Wings style of puck control and puck possession. Even Chicago is more about skill. Bruins is the perfect opposite, but I doubt they'll win the Cup.

We don't need to change ANYTHING regarding our "style". We just need to build the team a little differently, maybe rebuild a little with younger players. We had guys like Williams, Bertuzzi and Leino. Not one of those is a real top6 guy, but aren't capable of playing on the defensive role either. Hudler will be a important piece for this team's offense.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Hudler, Filppula + maybe Holmstrom. There's at least 5 real top6 forwards.

The defense looks solid if Lidstrom doesn't retire. If he does, then we all the cap space to get a "replacement".

When you compare last year's team to this year's team. It's not about toughness or anything like that. We just had a really good team and everyone was one year younger. I'm not saying we're "too old" but some important players are already past their prime.

We need to re-tool.This whole soft euro sttyle obviously isn't working.We need the right blend of skill and grit and we didn't have it this year.Let Bertuzzi,Williams,Maltby,Lebda,Meech,Lilja,and Miller walk.

Oh stop. We were outhitting teams regularly. This isn't a "soft Euro team" we lost because we couldn't win faceoffs and made stupid blind passes in addition to bad reffing.

Detroit didn't lose because of lack of grit.

They lost because their special teams, defense, and offense at times was downright disgusting.

Hey Wings fans, good series, I know a lot of you are bummed but this was clearly the Sharks year to take this series.

For those complaining about the officiating and all, give it a break. The Sharks won, not because of officiating, but because they played better, more disciplined hockey, at the right times. Last night was the best game of the series; both teams showed up and played tough hockey. The officials for the most part swallowed their whistles last night. Despite this, the Sharks won, when it counted, which seals the deal.

Either way, the Wings were one of the top 4 teams in the league this year, standings aside. Re-tooling the team makes absolutely no sense to me. I fully expect the Wings to be a younger & healthier team next year; making them a legitimate threat to take the cup again... :ranting:

Until then, have a great summer guy's, look forward to more of this next year!