WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

#721 WinginCanada

WinginCanada

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

I feel terrible. I absolutely feel that the San Jose Sharks did not earn this series. With that said, I don't think the Wings would have had enough gas to beat Chicago had they made a miraculous comeback in this series, but I sure would feel vindicated. Man my ass is gonna be busted by lukewarm Flames fans come Monday....

Edited by WinginCanada, 08 May 2010 - 11:44 PM.

#722 Redwingsfn31

Redwingsfn31

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

You know what I'm sick of? The wings staying along the boards. Anyone else notice that allf****** game? Perimeter shots. Wow, they put up 30 perimeter shots, including the one that scored. How many chances did they have in the center of the ice? 1 or 2? Almost nothing. Even when the game was on the line late in the 3rd everyone was staying along the boards. I Give SJ some credit for that but the Wings were slow today and they weren't crashing the net at all. Where were the shots at the net in traffic? NONE. UGh. I hate that we lost this way. I really do.

This

#723 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

I somehow feel that if Kirk Maltby was healthy in these playoffs, things would have been different.

:(
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#724 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Poor showing. I miss the days where Mac, Malts, Draper, Yezerman and Shanny, were standing up on the bench, firing their team up, playing with heart, throwing weight around, shooting, going all out.

A little less skill, a little more heart should be the off season strategy.

Howard had a great rookie year. A few bad goals, but, he's a rookie, he's supposed to play like a rookie. Tonight, he played fantastic. Hope he comes back stronger next year.

#725 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

I don't understand how anyone could think this was a good season. There's no such thing as a good season unless the Wings win it all.

Edited by FunkedUp, 08 May 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#726 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

Series was lost in the 3rd period of game 3, but overall, I'd have to admit the best team won. Should be an interesting next couple of months.

#727 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

s***....who do I have to root for now?

Let's go Boston? :blush:

Massive injuries all around the rest of the playoffs.

I hate about 99% of the players left.

#728 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

That NTC of Raf's is going to put a damper on that idea...

He can always waive it.

And I don't mean whoever as in a bag of pucks, I just don't know who we'd make a trade for. Just a big name we can put in the top 6. We need new blood.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 08 May 2010 - 11:46 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#729 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

You know what I'm sick of? The wings staying along the boards. Anyone else notice that allf****** game? Perimeter shots. Wow, they put up 30 perimeter shots, including the one that scored. How many chances did they have in the center of the ice? 1 or 2? Almost nothing. Even when the game was on the line late in the 3rd everyone was staying along the boards. I Give SJ some credit for that but the Wings were slow today and they weren't crashing the net at all. Where were the shots at the net in traffic? NONE. UGh. I hate that we lost this way. I really do.

IMHO the Red Wings lost to the Pens last spring in a similar fashion - many low quality shots taken from the perimeter, and with the Red Wings lack of good size with hands on our forward lines they have a hard time getting in/muscling in close for quality scoring chances.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#730 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Series was lost in the 3rd period of game 3, but overall, I'd have to admit the best team won. Should be an interesting next couple of months.

Series was lost in the 3rd period of game 2.

#731 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

Not that I am happy with a second round exit. But at the beginning of the playoffs I said if the wings can get to the second round, I personally would consider this season a success. The wings have the longest summer they have had in like 4yrs. Get healthy. Hopefully they will be ready to go in october. That said, go sharks/bruins!!!! My worst nightmare for a finals is chicago/pens.
Go Blue!!!

#732 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

We'll make him an offer he cannot refuse.

We not get more than a bag of groceries and a used jock strap for that guy. I don't throw our guys under the bus often but man was he bad. I have friends who are Canucks fans and have told them I would trade Raf for Bieksa right this second. They have both been terrible but at least we would save some salary !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#733 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

i wonder if the league will look at the headshot that Murray gave Mule and suspend him.

#734 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

I don't understand how anyone could think this was a good season. There's no such thing as a good season unless the Wings win it all.

it's a good season considering where the Wings were before the olympics and what they did to get into the playoffs

but hey if they don't win the stanley cup every year why even bother right

Posted Image

#735 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

I just hope that next season at the trading deadline, we actually have some cap space for a change to make some moves.

I'm tired of the whole "our returning injured player is our acquisition" crap.

#736 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Lidstrom on Fox saying they lost the series through little things: wrong play at the wrong time, not winning faceoffs, not capitalizing on the PP. Says the Wings never lost confidence in themselves. Also says that right now it feels like it's going to take forever to get over this loss. He's going to sit down with Holland once everything settles down and decide his future from there.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#737 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Did anyone else notice that Bertuzzi and Filppula seemed to be incapable of handling the puck for more than three feet without losing it?

That was most of the team tonight...passing was OK at best and control with the puck was the same.

#738 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Its sucks too lose but all things considered they had a good season... unfortunately a really crappy playoff though... The Sharks were obviously the better team but its still disappointing to see the guys lose... I'll still love my wings no matter what! GO WINGS!!!

Edited by Rockitman, 08 May 2010 - 11:48 PM.

C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#739 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

ENJOY YOUR SUMMER. I hear the 80's are coming back for you. Just yanking a few chains before the draft. :lol:
PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#740 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Considering we were at a 36% chance to make the playoffs with less than a quarter of the regular season to go?

I'm disappointed that we didn't move on, but to say that this wasn't a good season is trying to make a situation black and white when there's all kinds of other colors out there.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."