• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

#741 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for a great season Wings. Tough series. Sharks deserved to win. Maybe not in 5, I didn't expect that. Had some things go their way, but they're a good team. I'm not upset about losing to the Sharks.

Don't think this is necessarily a "go back to the drawing board" type end of the season. Wings have good players and a good goaltender. No reason to panic in the D. At least in my opinion. We'll see who comes and goes. Hudler back. Maybe more health out of the entire team next year. Looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone here too for a great season.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#742 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

it's time for this team to make some changes. everyone knows kenny won't do much. but he should. i'm so sick of this sloppy play in our end. we give the puck away more than any team i see. we lose battles along the boards more than any other team. we're terrible in faceoffs all of a sudden. we lack heart!!! same thing happened in the finals last year. we played a team that simply wanted it more. that's unacceptable.

we need some new blood! SHAKE IT UP KENNY!
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#743 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,664 posts

Poor showing. I miss the days where Mac, Malts, Draper, Yezerman and Shanny, were standing up on the bench, firing their team up, playing with heart, throwing weight around, shooting, going all out.

I've said it numerous times; I'd take our late 1990's team over todays roster in a heartbeat!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#744 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Oh, stop blaming the referees. When you don't win face-offs, don't play with any strength or heart, or any "give a damn", you're going to lose. And the Sharks showed Detroit that. Not that Detroit gives a damn.

Yeah, there were tons of bad calls against Detroit. The winning goal came off a non-call. Who cares. They had PLENTY of time to get back in the game.

This Detroit team deserved to lose. Call me an idiot, a bandwagon fan, whatever. If they played like game #4, I would be singing a different tune. But they only played like they wanted to win twice in these playoffs. Sorry, but no matter how big of a fan I am, I'm not going to pretend like they are superheroes. Instead I am going to see them for what they were this postseason: Real people with a bad work ethic. If your co-workers were lazy, you'd be pissed too.

You know what? I can't argue with you on any of that. However, one could make a case that despite being outplayed or outhusseled, despite losing faceoffs (other than on PK's), despite playing with a lack of heart, it took bad calls or bad non calls to put the dagger in in all 4 of SJ's wins. You could make a pretty solid case there. I even want to go so far as to say it's the Wings own fault for having to chase the puck more than being on possession of the puck, but some crucial calls weren't even because of that.

I don't know, it's just hard to swallow. SJ deserves to win, and they get the credit, but boy they sure had a lot of help.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#745 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Disappointing series, but overall a decent season. I don't think it is so wrong to hope for the Cup every year. But in no means was this a bad season. The Wings fought when they needed most and played their hearts out.

Just doesn't feel like we should have lost this one in 5 games. Could have gone 6-7, just some questionable calls and bad bounces. Can't wait for next season. Let's Go Wings!
Posted Image

#746 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

Rafalski costing his team once again. Ugh. I hope he gets traded for something because I do not want him to be with us when his contract is up.
40 for life.

#747 tommingthepuck96

tommingthepuck96

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

Haha just curious if referees are awarded awards at the end of the season like GM'S coaches and players are?

#748 clamchop

clamchop

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

i have to say this was a great series. other then the blowout in game 4 the wings were in every minute of every game this series. Good luck next season.

#749 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

i wonder if the league will look at the headshot that Murray gave Mule and suspend him.

I highly doubt it. Unfortunately the league seems to think its right to suspend players only when they injure a player. No injury then dont even bother hoping for a suspension.

#750 Nero

Nero

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

You know what? I can't argue with you on any of that. However, one could make a case that despite being outplayed or outhusseled, despite losing faceoffs (other than on PK's), despite playing with a lack of heart, it took bad calls or bad non calls to put the dagger in in all 4 of SJ's wins. You could make a pretty solid case there. I even want to go so far as to say it's the Wings own fault for having to chase the puck more than being on possession of the puck, but some crucial calls weren't even because of that.

I don't know, it's just hard to swallow. SJ deserves to win, and they get the credit, but boy they sure had a lot of help.

My rebut to that would be that all of the games except #4 were close. Detroit was sloppy in them. If they weren't so sloppy, maybe they would have been able to overcome the bad officiating.

#751 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

I am really sad about the loss, but it wasn't meant to be. I hope that San Jose and Boston make it to the finals. Even though I don't like Thorton, I would be okay with either team winning the Cup. My worst nightmare would be Chicago or Pittsburgh winning, since I cannot stand either team.

#752 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

I've said it numerous times; I'd take our late 1990's team over todays roster in a heartbeat!

Thank you Captain Obvious. The late 90's team was legendary and probably will not ever be reproduced. The Wings won the cup in half of the 6 years from 97-02. I've accepted that that's just not going to happen as easily in today's game.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#753 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

Faceoffs cost us this series.
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#754 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

I don't even know what to say. Once again, this game was there for the taking, and once again an incompetent combo of officiating and stupid plays killed the Wings. Did they even have a legitimately good scoring chance in the last two periods? I don't remember many. Certainly nothing in front of the net off rebounds -- maybe that one play where Cleary got tackled going for a rebound, but that's it.

Such a disappointing end to the season. Hopefully Kenny and the brass take some looks at this roster. Is it good enough to win if 100% healthy? I don't know ... it didn't look like it. San Jose, Chicago, Phoenix/Winnipeg, Nashville, etc. aren't going anywhere.

Dammit.

#755 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Murray should definitely be suspended, but he won't be, because Franzen didn't get injured.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#756 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Lidstrom on Fox saying they lost the series through little things: wrong play at the wrong time, not winning faceoffs, not capitalizing on the PP. Says the Wings never lost confidence in themselves. Also says that right now it feels like it's going to take forever to get over this loss. He's going to sit down with Holland once everything settles down and decide his future from there.

:(

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#757 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

If only the league would eliminate the salary cap..............................

#758 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

I have to get up early tomorrow morning, but I just want to say so long for awhile to those of you've taught me stuff, who've made me laugh, and who've stuck by this team. For those of you who will proceed here to rip and tear and say they played with no heart; or they should have played much harder, you can stick it sideways and rotating. I feel nothing but disgust for you.

This team pretty much played their asses off, and not many of us expected them to get as far as they did. I love them and I feel so very bad for them.

Later.

Later Vladifan!

#759 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

I feel terrible. I absolutely feel that the San Jose Sharks did not earn this series.

I cannot go along with that... I think Mickey's summation at the end of the broadcast summed it up. SJ deserved full credit for winning this thing, but the refs didn't help matters. That no-call on the hit on Franzen was the bad officiating coup de grace of the whole series.
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#760 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Read between the lines, Babs is blaming the refs for the loss in the series. Can't really blame him.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.