• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

#801 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

I picked up a ticket for Game 6 through TicketBastard and got the same exact seat that I had for Game 4. Thought that was a good sign. Didn't get the # for that cute girl that was sitting to my left for Game 4 (should have asked so that's my fault.)

I suppose that serendipity has it's plan.

#802 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

Watching highlights of the Pens game makes me angry that we won't be getting a 3-peat meeting with Crysby in the Finals.

I was so looking forward to that.

Seriously?

#803 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

Where was the team that played in gm 4 tonight? Anybody know? Thinking about putting a missing persons out...

That's the psychology of sports. It's all situational, and the Wings embarassing Nabby and the rest of the Sharks in game 4 set game 5 up to bring out the best in the Sharks. (as evidenced by their dominance in period 1). Facts are we couldn't win a crucial face off in what seems like every one of the four 1-goal losses. That and the other little things the Wings of the past excelled in abandoned them in this year. The Wings had a lot of the same faces as they did in previous seasons, but time has taken its toll on many of them.

#804 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

Seriously?

Of course.

I was getting so amped up for it, especially since I figured we'd own the choker Sharks.

Now I won't be watching the rest of the playoffs.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#805 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Watching highlights of the Pens game makes me angry that we won't be getting a 3-peat meeting with Crysby in the Finals.

I was so looking forward to that.

I just wanna see s***tsburghf****** lose.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#806 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

The only thing that softens the blow of tonight's game is the fact that I honestly didn't think we'd win.

Even when we scored, the lead didn't last for very long.

#807 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

I hope this years failures lead to next years rewards.

My observation from this round is the 3rd 4th lines need something.

In past years the 3rd and 4th lines have gotten the odd goals this year not so much, with 1 goal games some production from the 3rd or the 4th would have really helped.

Have a good healthy rest this summer red wings, they deserve it after the previous 3 years playoff runs.

Edited by shoe, 09 May 2010 - 12:48 AM.

#808 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

I hope this years failures lead to next years rewards.

My observation from this round is the 3rd 4th lines need something.

In past years the 3rd and 4th lines have gotten the odd goals this year not so much, with 1 goal games some production from the 3rd or the 4th would have really helped.

Have a good healthy rest this summer red wings, they deserve it after the previous 3 years playoff runs.

Yeah, and I just realized this is my first year on LGW when we won't be going to the Finals. :(

Boy if you guys thought I was bad before.... :P

#809 solnyshko

solnyshko

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

I picked up a ticket for Game 6 through TicketBastard and got the same exact seat that I had for Game 4. Thought that was a good sign. Didn't get the # for that cute girl that was sitting to my left for Game 4 (should have asked so that's my fault.)

I suppose that serendipity has it's plan.

I had a ticket for 6 as well. Not the same place as I sat for game 4, however. I had a really annoying bunch of guys in front of me though for game 4, so. The guys to my right were cool though. Hey, maybe it was you :lol:

Anyway, I'm proud of the Wings this season. They did well with all the injuries in the beginning and they gave us an awesome last home game at the Joe. Can't wait till next season!

#810 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

The only thing that softens the blow of tonight's game is the fact that I honestly didn't think we'd win.

Even when we scored, the lead didn't last for very long.

Yeah, and the story all playoff for this is we get a penalty called on us, and we can't win the faceoff in our zone. If Datsyuk wins that faceoff, or even just falls down and uses his hand to get the puck, that goal doesn't happen.

I had a ticket for 6 as well. Not the same place as I sat for game 4, however. I had a really annoying bunch of guys in front of me though for game 4, so. The guys to my right were cool though. Hey, maybe it was you :lol:

Anyway, I'm proud of the Wings this season. They did well with all the injuries in the beginning and they gave us an awesome last home game at the Joe. Can't wait till next season!

I almost bought game 4 tickets, but was only going to buy them if we had won game 3. Wish I woulda anyway. I was going to buy game 6 tickets if we had won tonight...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#811 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

Let us not look upon this moment with sadness, but let us now ring in the Hudler Part Deux era.

Hail Hudler!
Hail Hudler!

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#812 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

Great season by the boys. Definitely didn't go as far as I wanted them to, but didn't expect them to make it this far either given the number of injuries. Sharks finally showed up for the playoffs.

#813 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

Great season by the boys. Definitely didn't go as far as I wanted them to, but didn't expect them to make it this far either given the number of injuries. Sharks finally showed up for the playoffs.

You should quote LeftWinger's post where he said he's given up on being a hockey fan.

#814 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

Classy handshake at the end with our guys wishing Todd all the best.

#815 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

I think we all got the vibe this season had 'suck' written on it when Franzen went down so early that kind of kicked off the freakish pile of injuries. By suck I mean a season where even in your heart of hearts you think this squad is lacking, but barely, the qualities to win the cup. It's a good problem to have. It could be worse, some children are born and raised Panther fans. It's true. I looked it up on the internet.

Next year we have another kick at the can. Think of that poor sullen preteen in Coral Gables in Florida who gets bagged over the head on Christmas morning with a goddamned Nathan Horton jersey instead of the glee a boy or girl from Detroit gets with the arrival of a new Jimmy Howard sweater.. They're not making Florida Panthers backwards slow motion great playoff moments in NHL history that end with "What if Mellanby had never whacked that rat in the locker room?"

No friends, next year we get another kick at the can
Posted Image

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#816 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:54 AM

I won't give Sharks any props or respect after all the diving they did in this series.

#817 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:38 AM

I think we all got the vibe this season had 'suck' written on it when Franzen went down so early that kind of kicked off the freakish pile of injuries. By suck I mean a season where even in your heart of hearts you think this squad is lacking, but barely, the qualities to win the cup. It's a good problem to have. It could be worse, some children are born and raised Panther fans. It's true. I looked it up on the internet.

Next year we have another kick at the can. Think of that poor sullen preteen in Coral Gables in Florida who gets bagged over the head on Christmas morning with a goddamned Nathan Horton jersey instead of the glee a boy or girl from Detroit gets with the arrival of a new Jimmy Howard sweater.. They're not making Florida Panthers backwards slow motion great playoff moments in NHL history that end with "What if Mellanby had never whacked that rat in the locker room?"

No friends, next year we get another kick at the can
Posted Image

Very good perspective on things yes but... Don't know if I want a Howie jersey for Christmas this year... :P

Edited by Rockitman, 09 May 2010 - 02:38 AM.

C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#818 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:11 AM

Just finished watching.

It's fitting that this series ended like it did, a blown call right before a GWG.

Saying that, the sharks deserve this one.

There's always next year...

Go Wings.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#819 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:29 AM

I expect alot of different faces for next year, the depth on this team was pathetic this year

#820 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

I was almost written up for a noise complaint, twice, during the game (first time I forgot what I was yelling at, the second was the franzen hit). Oh well, can't expect them to make it to the finals every year. At least this year they get a few more weeks for rest.

My friend and I were discussing the Filpulla hit. If that was Crosby in his place, there's no doubt that would've been 5 min, player kicked out, and also suspended. Just my opinion anyways.

So...anyone plan on making a "what if the NHL enforced its rules" History Will Be Made commercial for the Franzen (or Fil) cheap-shot? :P
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian