• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Thanks for the Great Season, Detroit!

Rate this topic

You don't advance deep in the playoffs or win the Cup every year, no shame in that. Considering the difficult season the Wings had, they still finished with over 100 points and made it to the second round. Drastic changes aren't needed, just a few tweaks here and there. Hopefully Howard will grow from this experience and be the Wings goaltender for a while.

There are two approaches that people are taking to this.

Approach #1 is to look at the end result and be disappointed and upset at the Wings. After all, the season ended without a Stanley cup.

Approach #2 is to look at the end result and be proud of the Wings and what they have accomplished. After all, at the olympic break, they weren't even in the playoffs. They turned the season around and got in, and then had a pretty successful run in the playoffs.

I choose to take approach #2. There can only be one Stanley Cup winner. I firmly believe that the Wings tried their best, but ran into a hungrier team.

Great job Wings! Rest up, and we will see you again in September/October.

It was a successful regular season but a disappointing playoffs.

Making the playoffs while devastated by injuries=epic success.

Losing terribly in the playoffs while healthy and full of talent=disappointment.

I dunno

I thought they had a mediocre season considering they played like studs after the Olympics and just squeaked into the 5 hole seed

Thought they had momentum and in stride entering playoffs

Just wasnt enough left in the tank ..

Gunna be a down year or two once in a while , it just happens

I want to thank Mr. Ilitch, Jimmy Devellano, Ken Holland, Mike Babcock, and the rest of the Red Wing organization for their continued commitment for excellence. We fans have been spoiled with great teams these past 15 years or so, and I know that that will continue.

I also want to thank the players for giving us fans another season of hard work. It was a struggle at times, but the pride that you all have in yourselves and in this team, The way you battled to make it into the playoffs, makes me proud to be a Red Wing fan. Next season will be my 24th year with season tickets. I've seen a lot of great games, and I look forward to another year of fast paced and high quality hockey.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Detroit for another terrific season. Can't wait for next season to begin.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The only thing worse than Chicago winning the cup would be if Pittsburgh wins again. So, go Bruins and Sharks.

It would be nice to see the Sharks shed their demons. I hope they kick the s*** out of Chicago.

Besides, I have all the respect in the world for Todd McLellan.

Edited by MidMichSteve

First of all, I'm very proud of the guys. Everyone had us left for dead, and they managed to rise above it and thumb their noses at the critics. Good on them.

Considering all the injuries we had to go through, the season starting in Sweden (thank GOD we don't have to do that again!), and all the adversity, I'd say we did a good job making lemonade out of the lemons we had.

Second, I have to say thank you to the guys. I made it to seven games this season, and every one of them was a blast. I saw Vancouver, Dallas, Nashville, Minnesota, St. Louis, Colorado and Edmonton. I got to go to my first New Year's Eve game, and had a hell of a good time. I have a 17-game streak of winning games I've seen live. That streak will continue, I know. I don't know how many games I'll get to next season, but I plan on having a hell of a good time no matter how many I see. So thanks, boys, for the seven nights that I came home without a voice due to screaming my lungs out.

Personal thanks to Jim Howard for stepping up and playing like we all hoped he would. He's got a bright future. Thanks to Drew Miller and Patrick Eaves for being lifesavers. They were absolutely invaluable, and I wish there was a way we could keep them both. Thanks to Andreas Lilja for never giving up and coming back. You were missed when you were gone, and I thank you for having the perseverence and courage to come back.

And thank you to Pasha. He gave me one of the greatest moments of my life. I was at the Nashville game when he stole the puck in behind the goal and came around and scored - right down from where I was sitting. That moment was one of the most memorable moments of the whole season for me, because it gave me a chance to really see his talent up close. Everyone in our section of the building went crazy, and I would have jumped on that ice and hugged him had I had the chance. It was a moment I'll always remember.

I'll be cheering for Boston, and I hope whoever gets San Jose next round will beat the living s*** out of them. Have a great summer, boys, and I will see you in September in Traverse City. I got my tickets in a safe place. I love you guys very dearly.

Great Year Boys! Like so many have said, I didn't see this team even making the playoffs this year and then all of a sudden we end up 5th! We had something like 365 man games missed due to injury and I think with that being said we pushed a very good Sharks team to 5 games, I thought we deserved a better fate in the playoffs, but thats the way it goes.

Hats off to Jimmy Howard and Brad Stuart, I personally thought those two were the team MVP's for the season.

Kind of think that the deep playoff runs in the last 3 years and then the trip to Sweden wore this team out and this maybe the best thing to happen, get an early break and recharge for next year!!

I think with the bad officiating and injuries, this team will be hungry and refocused for next year, Watch out NHL, the Wings will be back next year!

I want to thank Mr. Ilitch, Jimmy Devellano, Ken Holland, Mike Babcock, and the rest of the Red Wing organization for their continued commitment for excellence. We fans have been spoiled with great teams these past 15 years or so, and I know that that will continue.

I also want to thank the players for giving us fans another season of hard work. It was a struggle at times, but the pride that you all have in yourselves and in this team, The way you battled to make it into the playoffs, makes me proud to be a Red Wing fan. Next season will be my 24th year with season tickets. I've seen a lot of great games, and I look forward to another year of fast paced and high quality hockey.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good call. Love this organization and team. Second round out nothing to be ashamed of after going WCF-Cup-SCF the last 3 years - in the cap era. Sometimes you just have the enjoy the ride. Had a blast watching the Wings fight their way to the 5 seed after being at about 10 several weeks prior to the playoffs.

They didn't give up either - just don't have enough in the tank to beat the Sharks this year - no shame in that. Looking forward to many more years of watching the Wings and this great organization - also saying some prayers that #5 blesses us fans with his presence for another year.

Wings fan forever...

Guest Crymson

From the first game of the year in that stupid trip to Sweden, something was off. We couldnt hold a lead, we couldnt play defence, we didnt get timely goals. Nothing really changed as the season went along, then people started dropping like flies. And we started losing, and we were in 9th and 10th place in the West at times. It seemed like whenever something would go wrong, it did, scored on during the 1st minute and last minute of periods. Just a nightmare of a season, to cap it off by losing to the Sharks isnt a good memory.

We couldn't do diddly-poo offensively. We couldn't make a first down. We couldn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass. We sucked. The second half, we sucked. We couldn't stop the run. Every time they got the ball, they went down and got points. We got our asses totally kicked in the second half. That's what it boils down to. It was a horsesh*t performance in the second half. Horsesh*t. I'm totally embarrassed and totally ashamed. Coaching did a horrible job, the players did a horrible job. We got our asses kicked in the second half. It sucked. It stunk.

medium_mora.jpg

Edited by Crymson

Guest mindfly

"Thanks for the 'great' season?"

This was a great season? Really?

^This

I just don't see how 90% on this board think this has been a great season.. wake the f*** up. "A team can't win all the time" no s***, still a 2nd round exit, almost sweeped in the 2nd round, is NOT "Great".. one might stretch it too "acceptable" based on how much hockey they played and the fatigue level...

Edited by mindfly

It was a different season indeed. Working so hard in the end to make it a 100 pts season and making it to the playoffs.

At one point, we were all happy just to make it in but of course, once we're in, we have high expectations.

Howie can only get better. Went to round 2 in his first year. Bright future.

Sure I'm upset it didn't last a bit longer but all in all, pretty satisfied.

Yup, and that's 5 more wins in his first post-season than last year's Calder-winner, Steve Mason!

wooo!

Thank you Detroit for another terrific season. Can't wait for next season to begin.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The only thing worse than Chicago winning the cup would be if Pittsburgh wins again. So, go Bruins and Sharks.

It would be nice to see the Sharks shed their demons. I hope they kick the s*** out of Chicago.

Besides, I have all the respect in the world for Todd McLellan.

agreed wholeheartedly! :thumbup:

Guest scottj

^This

I just don't see how 90% on this board think this has been a great season.. wake the f*** up. "A team can't win all the time" no s***, still a 2nd round exit, almost sweeped in the 2nd round, is NOT "Great".. one might stretch it too "acceptable" based on how much hockey they played and the fatigue level...

god, just shut the f*** up already

look, we all get that you don't want to be a homer... but you're the exact opposite of a homer and it's just as pathetic

Honestly I am glad it's over. This season has been a hard one to watch. Ozzie struggling right out the gate, Franzens injury, then the stock pile of other injuries, and unknowing of making the playoffs for quite a few months.

The bright spots for me, was Howard coming along ore than expected, the regular season from the olympic break on, and the ability to see their prospects on the big stage. And that's really it.

This team was exposed pretty much all season. The lack of stringing a few wins together for the first two thirds of the season was hard to watch. I am glad they made the playoffs, and out of the first round. But overall I am glad it's done. I am finally exiting the roller coaster for the year!

I hope we have a good draft, make a few deals this off season, and send a couple veterans to retirement.

^This

oscar-the-grouch-costume-50070.jpg