• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStormRising

Who do you cheer for now?

Rate this topic

My team's out. I cheer for nobody else. As far as I'm concerned hockey is over with until October. Time to focus on the Tigers! :thumbup:

I am not really cheering for the Bruins, but I wouldn't mind them winning. The Wings are the only team I CHEER for.

Well, not watching hockey is not an option for me, so here's what I'm thinking. Now that things are getting close to sorting themselves out, I'm gonna pick San Jose for the WC (doesn't look like Vang's going to win, and I'm obviously no fan of Chicago) and Boston for the EC (I'd still like to see the Habs pull something out of their hats, but alas, I think Pittsburgh's going to take it). If the Sharks and Bruins end up playing each other...ehh, I guess I'll show some West Coast pride for a change and go with the Sharks. I'm still mad at them for a few things, but I'd probably be mad at whoever we just played no matter which team it was, so whatever, I can deal, I guess. If it ends up being Sharks vs. Pens, I'm more than sure I can get over it. Anybody but Pittsburgh is the overall theme, here.

I'm cheering for the Red Wings...in '10-11.

For this year though, absolutely not Pittsburgh. And please not Chicago. So I guess I'm more anti-cheering than anything.

But if I had to pick, I don't mind Boston winning it all. Or Halak even...I mean Montreal.

i'm rooting for the hawks. lived in chicago for a while and they're due. wouldn't mind seeing hossa lift it, either. but really, i just hope to god some team knocks the penguins out. if they win it again i'll be inconsolable. i love they're cakewalk to the finals every year. i hate that ******* team.

Like I said before. When it comes to sports and probably a whole lot of other things I hate the city of Boston more than anything. At the same time, I really, really hate the Pens and I really, really don't want to see Hossa and Kane get a cup. Boston beating the Pens in the playoffs would be like fair justice for me.

Boston Red Sox

They're doing great this year, aren't they? You should become a Tigers fan. :P

Seriously though, I don't know how some of you can root for Chicago. I probably could if it weren't for Kane and their fans (although I do have a ton of respect for Toews...he's their Yzerman), but man...it would be a sad day if they won.

Imagine a Pitt/Chi Final.

:scared:

Edited by Trapt1307

Yeah, I root for the Tigers now.

But for the Cup, this order:

Habs

Nucks

Bruins

Flyers

Sharks

Hawks

Pens

I have begun to despise Chicago sports after going to school in Milwaukee with all Chicago kids. But not as much as I hate the Pens.

Can we root for a career ending injury for Crosby--executed by Cooke trying to go dirty on someone else?

Oh my God... That would be the happiest moment of this hockey year for me. Without a doubt.

I would feel really bad for Hossa if he makes it to the finals only to lose for a third time. He would have to know that he is cursed. I really don't like Kane and having to root for team USA with him on it was not easy. I can't imagine what it would be like to see him lift the Cup.

If the finals are between Chicago and Pittsburgh, I would have to reluctantly go with Chicago, but I hope that it won't come to that.

like to root for vancouver, but since that doesnt look like it will happen.

then i'd root for sharks actually. i'd rather say my team was beaten by the champs rather than some team that went 1 round farther and lost anyway.

my order would go..

vancouver

san jose

montreal

boston

philly

chicago

pittsburgh.

Oh my God... That would be the happiest moment of this hockey year for me. Without a doubt.

The unfortunate thing is that it would create a black hole.

Staffer: "Cooke has ended a player's career, sir."

Bettman: "Matt Cooke? He plays for the NHL...err...Penguins. That's ok."

Staffer: "But Mr. Bettman....it was....umm..."

Bettman: "No. Not him. Anyone but him...."

Staffer: "It was your bottom *****, sir..."

"I hereby cease all NHL operations, effective tomorrow."

The unfortunate thing is that it would create a black hole.

Staffer: "Cooke has ended a player's career, sir."

Bettman: "Matt Cooke? He plays for the NHL...err...Penguins. That's ok."

Staffer: "But Mr. Bettman....it was....umm..."

Bettman: "No. Not him. Anyone but him...."

Staffer: "It was your bottom *****, sir..."

"I hereby cease all NHL operations, effective tomorrow."

Haha. "Bottom *****". I've only heard that term from South Park. Same?

But it's true. C-Word is Bettman's Bottom *****.

I would feel really bad for Hossa if he makes it to the finals only to lose for a third time. He would have to know that he is cursed. I really don't like Kane and having to root for team USA with him on it was not easy. I can't imagine what it would be like to see him lift the Cup.

If the finals are between Chicago and Pittsburgh, I would have to reluctantly go with Chicago, but I hope that it won't come to that.

I do think Hossa gets a bad rap. Really, he's been nothing but a class act before, while, and after, he was a Wing. We all knew it was like hitting the lottery for him to sign here, and we should be grateful that the guy turned away long term offers and more money to sign here for one year to try to win a cup. I would root for him to win, because truly, he deserves a Cup, but that would require rooting for Chicago...so no. :)

If he goes back East to a team other than Pittsburgh, then I really hope he wins a Cup.

Haha. "Bottom *****". I've only heard that term from South Park. Same?

But it's true. C-Word is Bettman's Bottom *****.

Same. Most of my references, such as altering wikipedia on Devin Setoguchi to read that he is "1/2 *** fish" are from South Park. The rest are Orwell novel references and other random musings.