• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStormRising

Who do you cheer for now?

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

If the Sharks play the Hawks, I'm cheering for the Sharks. If the Sharks play the 'nucks, I'm cheering for the 'nucks. Cheering against the Penguins no matter who they're playing. That pretty much is it.

I hate all the teams.

Unfortunately, the only team left I could root for is the Nucks and they won't make it.

So it's Chicago, Boston, SJ, Philly, Montreal, and Pitt.

Well Pitt is right out. So is Chicago. Montreal is French-Canadian and they already think that their team is the best of all-time even though they struggle to make the playoffs (when they do). SJ made it there with the help of the refs. And Boston has some of the worst fans in the world (in every sport). And Philly does have the worst fans and I DO NOT want Carcillo's name on the Cup.

I hate to say it, but San Jose is my best option. Plus, you can say "well, the Stanley Cup winner beat the Wings so I guess the Wings were the second best team."

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

I'll be cheering for the Hawks. Toews is probably my favorite non-Wing, and I'd like Hossa to win a Cup.

That and I grew up in Chicago, and as big of a Wings fan as I am, I love going to Hawks games.

Not that I'll be paying too much attention, because the DI NCAA lacrosse championship starts up next Saturday.

I'm not sure I can actually root for anyone else at this point. I'm kind of pulling for the Habs, not just because of "anyone but Pittsburgh," but because I've got a friendly acquaintance on another board who's a Habs fan, and we've been pulling for each other's teams even though we wouldn't be if we hadn't scraped up this hockey-based acquaintanceship. Also because I've really admired Jaroslav Halak's play so far.

If the Canadiens fall by the wayside, I'll probably just hope for good hockey that I can watch and store up to keep the "sports" part of my brain occupied until fall. Baseball does nothing for me. Football is okay, and it sates that need to a small extent, but it's just not quite what I need. It's like a tasty but unfilling appetizer with hockey as the main course!

Now that I've made myself sound even more pathetically geeky than normal, I'll return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

If your a betting man than right this down because I can GUARANTEE it... I hate both these teams but unfortunately the Blackhawks and Penguins will face off in this years Finals with the Penguins winning in six... Bettman just called... :P

Edited by Rockitman

San Jose.

Vancouver and Chicago have way too many dbags on their teams.

Montreal is well, Montreal, hate them.

Boston would be my second choice.

And Crysby's team needs no explanation.

as long as chicago doesn't win the cup, im game for anyone. I'd root for the sharks or Habs at this point. Being realistic i think it will be a pittsburgh-chicago final. In that case, i want pittsburgh. Chicago are a bunch of bums who don't deserve to win a cup for that bandwagon town.

Guest mindfly

I won't watch any of the games left obviously because they are broadcasted in the middle of the night over here, but I hope Boston wins it even though it's a long shot, all other teams that are left I hate and loathe

San Jose.

Vancouver and Chicago have way too many dbags on their teams.

Montreal is well, Montreal, hate them.

Boston would be my second choice.

And Crysby's team needs no explanation.

Why do you wanna give san jose more life than they already have? a cup for thornton, marleau etc means they will acknowledge they are good enough and it will be really really difficult to beat that team in the following years...IMO.

Edited by mindfly

I cheer for Boston to beat Pittsburg, cheer for Chicago to beat San Jose, and then Boston to beat Chicago in 7 games.

Ditto. This keeps posterboy out of the Finals, ensures the diving ref darlings lose and gives the Hawks a taste without giving them the Cup. Perfect!

esteef

I will back Chicago until the finals, but we all know that Quenville and Hossa are cursed, so hoping for Boston as well. A good original six matchup to end the season.

hahaha Alright liked is a strong word. I had no problem with them before this series.*

Joe Thornton is a *****, plain and simple. He goes around cheapshotting people, yanking on Lids jersey from behind when he's talking to the refs in game 4, but then acts like hes the Wings best friends in the handshake line. Zero respect for that A-hole. Who to cheer for is more of a finding the lesser of two evils. Who NOT to cheer for is more like it.

Here are the teams to cheer against:

1. Pittsburgh

2. San Jose

(thats almost a tie, but I hate Cindy and Bettman more than I hate the Sharks)

3. Chitcago

4. Vancouver

5. Montreal

6. Boston

Hell, go B's! May Chara take off Cindy's pretty little head in Pronger-esc fashion!

zdeno_chara_1.jpg

post-7616-12734212022093_thumb.jpg

i'm rooting for the habs to upset. anyone but crosby really. i also hope hossa gets to the finals and loses again too. :D

[edit] spelling

Edited by puckhog419