• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStormRising

Who do you cheer for now?

Rate this topic

As much as I don't want to see the Pens or Hawks go to the Finals, part of me would love to see Hossa score the Cup clinching goal at Mellon Arena. All this incredible luck that the Pens are having HAS to come back and bite them at some point.

OMG that would be awesome. I would cheer for Hossa. :)

I can't believe all the people pulling for Chicago, if they win I will puke all over my TV. The only thing worse is Crosby and his band of ******* getting a repeat.

I think your second sentence is the reason people are pulling for Chicago. :hehe:

1. Boston

2. Montreal

3. Sharks

I just pray to god that Cindy doesnt get another cup. I dont think I could deal with seeing more pictures of his stupid little face with pubes for facial hair, holding the cup again.

In terms of NHL now, Vancouver and Boston. Though it really wouldn't kill me if Chicago won, I pretty much like all three teams in the Western Conference to some degree.

Basically like most probably, ANYBODY but Pittsburgh.

I guess if we go in terms of ordering of cheering to win.

1. Boston

2. Vancouver (largely for Samuelsson etc.)

3. Montreal

4 (tie). San Jose/Chicago

6. Philadelphia

7. Pittsburgh

In terms of other teams, just skip to June for the World Cup (USA!!!) or just skip to September for college football for my alma mater, already ready!

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Anyone but Pittsburgh would be great. Go Habs!!

I will pull for Chicago for a few reasons.

1. They have not won in 49 years, so they are due.

2. They play in our division which would make for a more interesting division.

3. Chicago is a huge market which means more exposure for the sport and league.

4. Original Six Team

If not the Blackhawks, then I will pull for the Bruins or the Flyers.

Bruins

I hate pens.

I hate the habs because they knocked out caps.

I hate the sharks atm because they knocked us out =p.

I wouldn't mind flyers winning too much but 2 kids i use to play travel hockey with for a while that i now hate are flyer fans.

I guess I wouldn't mind canucks winning but they are Canadian =p

I don't want the blackhawks to win just because hossa is on there

Guest mindfly

Montreal, it's the most unlikely team to win it of the 4, very very small chance but i'll cheer for them

Sharks got chokers; Marleau, Thornton, Heatley, Nabokov (with a poor goalie style as well)

Hawks got irritating players; Kane (cocky mothaf***er) Hossa (just miserable changing teams all the time, oh and thanks for shwoing up last year) Campbell (mr.gutless... and GINGER ew)

Philly got morons: Pronger (albeit a good dman he plays too much on the edge, his ugly looks doesnt help either), Carcillo (just a maniac get him off the ice please), Hartnell (curly...Ginger, nough said)

Montreal, it's the most unlikely team to win it of the 4, very very small chance but i'll cheer for them

Sharks got chokers; Marleau, Thornton, Heatley, Nabokov (with a poor goalie style as well)

Hawks got irritating players; Kane (cocky mothaf***er) Hossa (just miserable changing teams all the time, oh and thanks for shwoing up last year) Campbell (mr.gutless... and GINGER ew)

Philly got morons: Pronger (albeit a good dman he plays too much on the edge, his ugly looks doesnt help either), Carcillo (just a maniac get him off the ice please), Hartnell (curly...Ginger, nough said)

He's not doing so hot this season either. Only two goals after Game 1 of the Western Finals. Granted, one of them was an overtime winner. But still. He was underperforming at this time last season, but at least had an additional two goals.

After talking to numerous Hawks fans over the last week, I'm only more convinced that I can never root for or be associated with the Chicago Blackhawks and their fanbase. The Sharks must beat them. Get it together and win. Please.

After talking to numerous Hawks fans over the last week, I'm only more convinced that I can never root for or be associated with the Chicago Blackhawks and their fanbase. The Sharks must beat them. Get it together and win. Please.

What were the conversations like?

If it goes the way it looks like right now (Flyers and Hawks), I will not be watching the finals for the first time since Whenever. :( And oh gawd, I hope I'm wrong.

I'll be happy for Electrophile/Beth's dad if the Hawks make it, but I won't be watching.

Bah. Humbug. Ratz. Curses. :ranting:

What were the conversations like?

The usual "Detroit sucks", "We're good now so lets ignore the fact we stopped watching for 15 years" rants along with a general lack of knowledge about the game as well. But its a playoffs so its amped up by 10.

I was talking to a friend of a friend a couple weeks ago and he said that he doesn't really watch hockey, wasn't paying attention to the playoffs and actually didn't even know who the Hawks were playing. He then asked me if I was a Hawks fan, and I said no, I'm a Wings fan since childhood. He goes into a 5 minute rant about how Detroit sucks, I can't be a Wings fan and live in Chicago and how the Red Wings are awful.

Edited by ChitownWingsfan

i hate chicago stricly because i hate hossa. i would love for san jose to beat them and theres only two other teams i like in the NHL, Boston, and Philly. So i would really love for it to be Philly and San Jose in the finals and for philly to take the cup.