• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStormRising

Who do you cheer for now?

Rate this topic

I changed my mind. Go Hawks. I don't want to see the East win two in a row. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing Hossa win a Cup. Even though he is basically choking worse this year than he was last year. I'm just sick of him, to be honest. Let him get his Cup so everyone can stop the 'Hossa Curse' nonsense. :)

HERETIC!!

Yeah I know, right. It felt really weird to post that but he's out of the West now and we don't have to deal with him that much.

2007 is still the series where I felt the most anger towards him. Not 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002 or 2009. Although 2009 is awfully close.

What about you guys? Did I miss any there?

Yeah I know, right. It felt really weird to post that but he's out of the West now and we don't have to deal with him that much.

2007 is still the series where I felt the most anger towards him. Not 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002 or 2009. Although 2009 is awfully close.

What about you guys? Did I miss any there?

What about in 02 when he tried to take out Stevie's bum right knee?

What about in 02 when he tried to take out Stevie's bum right knee?

Did Pronger go for Stevie's knee? From what I remember he just tried to shoulder him above the waist.

Besides, he ended up hurting his own knee. It was funny. And his team didn't end up winning the series.

Guest Shoreline

IIRC Pronger kinda came at Stevie rather high (as if he was gonna throw an elbow, or cross check Stevie in the upper chest/neck), but Stevie saw it coming, and ducked - giving Pronger a torn ACL :lol:

Been laughing at this for years, and remember the ******* injuring himself too.

However, I just don't hate the guy as much with Philly as I did with Anaheim.

Anybody but Philly now, Montreal first. Fair or not I typically don't like much related to professional sports in the state of Pennsylvania. I don't have any feelings towards either San Jose or Chicago, so it doesn't matter who advances to the finals from there.

The Hawks, winning over Montreal.

I don't want Philly to win, Montreal has shown tons of heart and has proven that little guys CAN succeed. Of their top six forwards and top four defensemen, only Roman Hamrlik (6-3) and Josh Gorges (6-1) exceed the 6 foot mark. Jaroslav Spacek, Andrei Markov, Dominic Moore, and Andrei Kostitsyn are 6 foot even. Mike Cammalleri, Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, and Tomas Plekanec are all sub-6 foot.

Chicago has, for the most part, home-grown players with a few veterans acquired for depth. Hossa and Campbell are the only significant players who did not come from within the system. Even then, Hossa is secondary scoring and Campbell is a second pair defenseman on the Hawks.

Also, Chicago has former Wing Tomas Kopecky, who has played well above expectations in the Olympics, after the Olympics with the Hawks, and so far in the postseason. I would love to see him continue said play or perhaps step it up even further.

If Philly wins tonight, two of my most hated teams will be in the SCF and for the first time in my lifetime, I will barely watch... I really hope Montreal can pull off a miracle, so I actually have someone to root for in the finals and not just root for each team to literally take off their skates and kill each other...

EDIT - I'm saying this tongue in cheek by the way

Edited by stevkrause

If Philly wins tonight, two of my most hated teams will be in the SCF and for the first time in my lifetime, I will barely watch... I really hope Montreal can pull off a miracle, so I actually have someone to root for in the finals and not just root for each team to literally take off their skates and kill each other...

EDIT - I'm saying this tongue in cheek by the way

So would you rather see Hossa and Kane or Pronger and Hartnell lift the Cup?