• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#181 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

I am officially on the P.K Subban bandwagon.

#182 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

WHY WOULD YOU EVER ROOT FOR THE BLACKHAWKS. wtf. theyre are rivals. never in my life will i root for the blackhawks. i want the canadiens or flyers.

I want them to do well for my dad. Otherwise, I really wouldn't care what they were doing.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#183 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:15 AM

In order:

Montreal
San Jose
Philadelphia
Chicago

Anyone but Hossa holding the Cup.

It would be priceless to see him lose in the Finals three years straight with three different teams.
  • Ram likes this

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#184 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

It would be priceless to see him lose in the Finals three years straight with three different teams.

I don't hate Hossa like others do but that would be really funny. He'd be the Buffalo Bills of hockey.

So hate on but guess what, I feel like I can't miss,
I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#185 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

I don't hate Hossa like others do but that would be really funny. He'd be the Buffalo Bills of hockey.

What are the chances he'd attempt to jump ship again?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#186 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

never in my life will i root for the blackhawks.

I thought the same thing, and I was puzzled by my bandwagon allegiance to Chicago for the WCF. I had an epiphany last night. I understand now. It's because I identify with those long-downtrodden fans that stayed with the team all through Dollar Bill's shenanigans. They remind me of all the put-upon Wings fans that loved and suffered through the cellar-dwelling 80s to the powerhouse we know and love today. I'd like to see Montreal take them out in the SCF, but I for one am thrilled for the Hawks progress and am grateful that the Central is no longer a walk in the park.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#187 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

I thought the same thing, and I was puzzled by my bandwagon allegiance to Chicago for the WCF. I had an epiphany last night. I understand now. It's because I identify with those long-downtrodden fans that stayed with the team all through Dollar Bill's shenanigans. They remind me of all the put-upon Wings fans that loved and suffered through the cellar-dwelling 80s to the powerhouse we know and love today. I'd like to see Montreal take them out in the SCF, but I for one am thrilled for the Hawks progress and am grateful that the Central is no longer a walk in the park.

See, those are the real fans. The ones who would be part of the 8,000 in a 21,000 seat arena to see the Hawks play bc Dollar Bill wouldn't show the games on tv. All the "new" fans who own nothing but Kane/Toews sweaters are the problem.

#188 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

See, those are the real fans. The ones who would be part of the 8,000 in a 21,000 seat arena to see the Hawks play bc Dollar Bill wouldn't show the games on tv. All the "new" fans who own nothing but Kane/Toews sweaters are the problem.

I agree, especially when those are the fans who are screaming "Detroit Sucks" at the top of their lungs. I feel bad for the old time Chicago fans who have waited this long for a good team because I think their reputation is being ruined by the moronic bangwagon fans who just hopped on board. And sadly there are alot of those moronic fans.

I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#189 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:28 PM

I agree, especially when those are the fans who are screaming "Detroit Sucks" at the top of their lungs. I feel bad for the old time Chicago fans who have waited this long for a good team because I think their reputation is being ruined by the moronic bangwagon fans who just hopped on board. And sadly there are alot of those moronic fans.

It's not just bandwagon fans that do that. Where do you think bandwagonners learned it? "Detroit Sucks" is the state motto.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#190 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

It's not just bandwagon fans that do that. Where do you think bandwagonners learned it? "Detroit Sucks" is the state motto.

Oh, I know but at least the old true fans have watched enough hockey to maybe actually dislike the Wings. These Bangwagon know nothing of the old rivalry at all, no sense of history.

Note - I hate the "Detroit sucks" chant regardless of who does it but I'm not going to stand for it from a 16yo girl that just wants to bang Toews but can't pronounces his name correctly.

Edited by ChitownWingsfan, 21 May 2010 - 10:29 PM.

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#191 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

I hope the Habs win it all. Don't want to see many individuals on the other teams win.

#192 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

Montreal is my only hope.

Posted Image

#193 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

I still think the Pens will win the Cup this year.

Bettman will find some way to get them back in it. Kind of like those reality shows when a contestant gets eliminated, but eventually comes back when something happens to another contestant.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#194 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 795 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

Ditto.

Can anyone really imagine Pronger, Hossa, or Devin Setoguchi lifting Lord Stanley's gift to hockey?

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#195 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

Since the Hawks are in, it's basically anyone from the East, please. All of these draft day heroes winning the Cup in consecutive years, the NHL's wet dream. Ugh.

I have no interest in seeing Pronger win again and the Habs already have enough Cups but I guess it's the lesser of all evils to go with the the bleu blanc et rogue.

What a s***ty playoffs this has turned out to be.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#196 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

Ditto.

Can anyone really imagine Pronger, Hossa, or Devin Setoguchi lifting Lord Stanley's gift to hockey?

Unfortunately, yes.

Posted Image

#197 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

Pronger doesn't bug me as much as he used to. Probably because he's in the east and Lidstrom still has more cups and Norris trophies.

#198 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Amen.

Unfortunately, yes.

Posted Image

Must. Not. Delete. Abuse...of....power........

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#199 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Amen.

Must. Not. Delete. Abuse...of....power........

I call that picture, "The Day God Failed" :(

#200 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

I call that picture, "The Day God Failed" :(

He seems to be doing that a lot lately, but at least he gets it right once in a while.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 21 May 2010 - 11:04 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock