• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#61 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:32 AM

Like I said before. When it comes to sports and probably a whole lot of other things I hate the city of Boston more than anything. At the same time, I really, really hate the Pens and I really, really don't want to see Hossa and Kane get a cup. Boston beating the Pens in the playoffs would be like fair justice for me.

#62 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

Boston Red Sox

They're doing great this year, aren't they? You should become a Tigers fan. :P

Seriously though, I don't know how some of you can root for Chicago. I probably could if it weren't for Kane and their fans (although I do have a ton of respect for Toews...he's their Yzerman), but man...it would be a sad day if they won.

Imagine a Pitt/Chi Final.

:scared:

Edited by Trapt1307, 09 May 2010 - 12:39 AM.

"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#63 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:40 AM

Imagine a Pitt/Chi Final.

:scared:

Posted Image

#64 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

Cheering for Boston now.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#65 TheRedWingsWay

TheRedWingsWay

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 389 posts

Bruins vs Hawks... just because I want to see Hossa's face after he loses in the finals again.

#66 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 789 posts

Yeah, I root for the Tigers now.

But for the Cup, this order:

Habs
Nucks
Bruins
Flyers
Sharks
Hawks
Pens

I have begun to despise Chicago sports after going to school in Milwaukee with all Chicago kids. But not as much as I hate the Pens.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#67 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

My Loony Bun Is Fine, Benny Lava

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Can we root for a career ending injury for Crosby--executed by Cooke trying to go dirty on someone else?

In any event, go Habs.

#68 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

Can we root for a career ending injury for Crosby--executed by Cooke trying to go dirty on someone else?

Oh my God... That would be the happiest moment of this hockey year for me. Without a doubt.

#69 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

I guarantee you guys Pittsburgh isn't going to win. Whoever comes out of the West is going to kill them...which is why we all need to root hard for Chicago to lose.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#70 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

I would feel really bad for Hossa if he makes it to the finals only to lose for a third time. He would have to know that he is cursed. I really don't like Kane and having to root for team USA with him on it was not easy. I can't imagine what it would be like to see him lift the Cup.

If the finals are between Chicago and Pittsburgh, I would have to reluctantly go with Chicago, but I hope that it won't come to that.

#71 Null

Null

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

like to root for vancouver, but since that doesnt look like it will happen.

then i'd root for sharks actually. i'd rather say my team was beaten by the champs rather than some team that went 1 round farther and lost anyway.

my order would go..
vancouver
san jose
montreal
boston
philly
chicago
pittsburgh.

#72 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:52 AM

Oh my God... That would be the happiest moment of this hockey year for me. Without a doubt.

The unfortunate thing is that it would create a black hole.

Staffer: "Cooke has ended a player's career, sir."

Bettman: "Matt Cooke? He plays for the NHL...err...Penguins. That's ok."

Staffer: "But Mr. Bettman....it was....umm..."

Bettman: "No. Not him. Anyone but him...."

Staffer: "It was your bottom *****, sir..."

"I hereby cease all NHL operations, effective tomorrow."

#73 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:54 AM

The unfortunate thing is that it would create a black hole.

Staffer: "Cooke has ended a player's career, sir."

Bettman: "Matt Cooke? He plays for the NHL...err...Penguins. That's ok."

Staffer: "But Mr. Bettman....it was....umm..."

Bettman: "No. Not him. Anyone but him...."

Staffer: "It was your bottom *****, sir..."

"I hereby cease all NHL operations, effective tomorrow."

Haha. "Bottom *****". I've only heard that term from South Park. Same?

But it's true. C-Word is Bettman's Bottom *****.

#74 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

I would feel really bad for Hossa if he makes it to the finals only to lose for a third time. He would have to know that he is cursed. I really don't like Kane and having to root for team USA with him on it was not easy. I can't imagine what it would be like to see him lift the Cup.

If the finals are between Chicago and Pittsburgh, I would have to reluctantly go with Chicago, but I hope that it won't come to that.

I do think Hossa gets a bad rap. Really, he's been nothing but a class act before, while, and after, he was a Wing. We all knew it was like hitting the lottery for him to sign here, and we should be grateful that the guy turned away long term offers and more money to sign here for one year to try to win a cup. I would root for him to win, because truly, he deserves a Cup, but that would require rooting for Chicago...so no. :)

If he goes back East to a team other than Pittsburgh, then I really hope he wins a Cup.

#75 RedWingAbner

RedWingAbner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

Haha. "Bottom *****". I've only heard that term from South Park. Same?

But it's true. C-Word is Bettman's Bottom *****.

Same. Most of my references, such as altering wikipedia on Devin Setoguchi to read that he is "1/2 *** fish" are from South Park. The rest are Orwell novel references and other random musings.

#76 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

If the Sharks play the Hawks, I'm cheering for the Sharks. If the Sharks play the 'nucks, I'm cheering for the 'nucks. Cheering against the Penguins no matter who they're playing. That pretty much is it.

#77 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:16 AM

I hate all the teams.

Unfortunately, the only team left I could root for is the Nucks and they won't make it.

So it's Chicago, Boston, SJ, Philly, Montreal, and Pitt.

Well Pitt is right out. So is Chicago. Montreal is French-Canadian and they already think that their team is the best of all-time even though they struggle to make the playoffs (when they do). SJ made it there with the help of the refs. And Boston has some of the worst fans in the world (in every sport). And Philly does have the worst fans and I DO NOT want Carcillo's name on the Cup.

I hate to say it, but San Jose is my best option. Plus, you can say "well, the Stanley Cup winner beat the Wings so I guess the Wings were the second best team."

Edited by Wings_Dynasty, 09 May 2010 - 01:19 AM.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#78 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

I'll be cheering for the Hawks. Toews is probably my favorite non-Wing, and I'd like Hossa to win a Cup.

That and I grew up in Chicago, and as big of a Wings fan as I am, I love going to Hawks games.

Not that I'll be paying too much attention, because the DI NCAA lacrosse championship starts up next Saturday.

#79 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

Only team I was rooting for in the playoffs was the Wings. Only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing the Pens lose.

#80 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:44 AM

I'm not sure I can actually root for anyone else at this point. I'm kind of pulling for the Habs, not just because of "anyone but Pittsburgh," but because I've got a friendly acquaintance on another board who's a Habs fan, and we've been pulling for each other's teams even though we wouldn't be if we hadn't scraped up this hockey-based acquaintanceship. Also because I've really admired Jaroslav Halak's play so far.

If the Canadiens fall by the wayside, I'll probably just hope for good hockey that I can watch and store up to keep the "sports" part of my brain occupied until fall. Baseball does nothing for me. Football is okay, and it sates that need to a small extent, but it's just not quite what I need. It's like a tasty but unfilling appetizer with hockey as the main course!

Now that I've made myself sound even more pathetically geeky than normal, I'll return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband