• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul MacLean's Mustache

Who should we Keep? Release? Sign?

Rate this topic

With Ritola having to pass waivers to continue playing in the AHL next year, Maltby and Draper's desire to continue to play, and the addition of Hudler, we could see a very different Red Wings team next year. My question: out of Bertuzzi, Eaves, and Miller, who do you hope to see here next year?

I think Eaves gave it his all every night and his abilities on the PK are something the Wings will continue to need, but I thought Bertuzzi had an excellent showing in the playoffs.

Eaves and miller will be back, they are liked by babcock for there roles.

I'd like to see bertuzzi get shipped away, he's a liability even in the offensive zone because of all his hooking/slashing penalties.

I'd like to see Bertuzzi back. He finally found good chemistry on that line with Zetterberg and Franzen. He does take bad penalties, but if you watch the game, there mostly reputation calls. If he stays healthy he'd be good to have around.

Eaves and Miller are interesting one's. I thought both were great, but Eaves is very injury prone, and there are alot of options for grinders on the FA market way better then them. We'll have to see.

Please? Please?

And do what? Replace him with a guy who bailed on his team, will come back, get paid twice as much as Bert, and yet only put up a few more points than Bertuzzi did? Wow, I can't wait.

If we can re-sign him for the same amount, I welcome Bert back.

Cleary and Draper are the main forwards locked that I want GONE.

Someone please explain to me HOW Bertuzzi can be considered one of our best players this series. Cuz I don't get it. Constant turnovers, inability to control the puck in the offensive zone, skating as slow as a peewee... Tell me how he's been good?

It's a love and hate relationship with Bert. People around here change on a whim about him. The last 2 games he was a beast. Today he was the most noticeable player out there. I only noticed Franzen when he was in the penalty box or when he was laying on the ice from a dirty hit with no call made on it. I didn't even hear Zetterberg's name mentioned, and only heard Datsyuk's name mentioned when he was making a takeaway.

Nobody else did a thing tonight.

Eaves and Miller have done an excellent job for the Wings. At the same time, if they can find players with the same speed, work ethic and tenacity who have more bulk to withstand the pounding of NHL Hockey then I say go for it. But that will be hard to find.

I hope that all three will be here next year. I have become a big fan of Eaves and Miller, they play their roles well and are an asset to the team. I really wish that Eaves was not injured because they needed him to help kill penalties.

I like Maltby, but it would not be right to sacrifice any of these three for him.

The Wings need to keep Eaves and Miller

If Eaves and Bert both come back for close to the same amount, I'd like to see them back. One thing I can always count on Eaves for is NOT missing the net.

Miller has been good for us, but we just don't have the room honestly.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I want Eaves to be resigned the most. Still undecided about Bertuzzi and I think Miller is redundant.

I like Eaves and Miller, but we're too undersized on our bottom two lines.

I'd like to see some more size in our checking forwards so that we can wear teams down.

I hate to say it because I've loved having him around for many years, but Draper lost me this season. Hopefully, he won't be back next year.

Guest Lidstromboli
Eaves is very injury prone, and there are alot of options for grinders on the FA market way better then them. We'll have to see.

There aren't a whole lot of good FA grinders. At least, not ones that are going to cost under 1 mil.

I'd love to have a guy like Mike Grier though.