• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul MacLean's Mustache

Who should we Keep? Release? Sign?

Rate this topic

That's 1 reason why I'd rather see $$$ spent on these guys instead of Bertuzzi; they hustle, and finish their checks without getting too many foolish penalties while Bert doesn't finish half his checks, and seems to take some bad penalties on a regular basis.

Your preferences this summer?

Agreed.I say let Bert walk this summer.I'd like to see any of the following here next year:

Brian Sutherby

Shawn Thornton(As mentioned)

Jason Chimera

Brad Winchester

Raffi Torres(As mentioned)

Kyle Chipchura

Brandon Prust

Andrew Ladd

Aaron Voros

David Clarkson

Ethan Moreau

Guest mindfly

About the draft... wings get a... 22th overall pick this year? or?

Guest mindfly

I'm not keen on having any of Eaves, Miller, Abdelkader, Ritola, Helm on a 3rd line, compare them with hawks/pens third line, a third line is suppose to score as well as check, the third line gotta be more of an offensive threat.

I'm not keen on having any of Eaves, Miller, Abdelkader, Ritola, Helm on a 3rd line, compare them with hawks/pens third line, a third line is suppose to score as well as check, the third line gotta be more of an offensive threat.

I agree. While I love those guys we just can't match up well when we dress 6 fourth liners. In a perfect world, I'd like to see a guy like Bert skate on the 3rd line and actually produce. I just don't think Bert is hungry enough to do that.

Trade for............Getzlaf. :cool:

Getzlaf (5.325m) - Datsyuk (6.700m) - Filppula (3.000m) (:wub:)

Franzen (3.954) - Zetterberg (6.083m) - Cleary (2.800m)

Hudler (2.875m) - Helm (.900m) - Bertuzzi (1.500m)

Abdelkader (.850m) - UFA (~1.0m) - Eaves (.850m)

Draper (1.583m)

Lidstrom (3.954m) - Stuart (3.750m)

Kronwall (3.000m) - Volchenkov (3.250m)

Ericsson (.900m) - UFA (~1.0m)

Forwards: 37.420m

Backwards: 15.854m

Total: 53.274m

And GMR gets his deadline space.

And we could probably actually move Helm down to the fourth line and with the space we have buy an even better third line center.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Guest mindfly

Trade for............Getzlaf. :cool:

Getzlaf (5.325m) - Datsyuk (6.700m) - Filppula (3.000m) (:wub:)

Franzen (3.954) - Zetterberg (6.083m) - Cleary (2.800m)

Hudler (2.875m) - Helm (.900m) - Bertuzzi (1.500m)

Abdelkader (.850m) - UFA (~1.0m) - Eaves (.850m)

Draper (1.583m)

Lidstrom (3.954m) - Stuart (3.750m)

Kronwall (3.000m) - Volchenkov (3.250m)

Ericsson (.900m) - UFA (~1.0m)

Forwards: 37.420m

Backwards: 15.854m

Total: 53.274m

And GMR gets his deadline space.

And we could probably actually move Helm down to the fourth line and with the space we have buy an even better third line center.

Rafalski has got a NTC

And what dreamworld do you live in, a 37year old rafalski albeit a good Dman for a young highly talanted power forward that can rack up 70-80assists... lol

Edited by mindfly

I want a big tough Canadian who can fight.

The Hawks will have to dump most of their 3rd and 4th lines because of the cap.

He'll waive it if the wings ask him to.

And he wouldn't be the only piece in the trade.

:hehe:

You do realize that Ralfi leads ALL d-men in the playoffs in points don't you? Yea let's trade him

You do realize that Ralfi leads ALL d-men in the playoffs in points don't you? Yea let's trade him

If we could actually trade Rafalski (plus maybe a pick or an AHL player or something) for one of the best young players in the league you'd be crazy not to do it.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Question is: "who is real Flip?"

A. Flip vs Phoenix

B. Flip vs San Jose

- Hudler: People here are very high on Hudler... Babs isn't big fan of Hudler. How can people see him on 1st or 2nd line??? Imagine him battling with Jovanovski or Murray for puck... C'mon he's too small/weak to play on 2 top lines. We don't have very big lines in start which doesn't help either. Hudler playing on top 2 lines means that Flip will play on 3rd line. I don't know for you but I like more Flip than Hudler.

- Cleary: There is no need for him - he's way overpaid ($2,800,00 for nex 3 season) for 3rd or 4th line winger and he CAN'T play on top 2 lines. I would like to see him gone. We can call him "Invisible Man"...

- Bertuzzi: I would like to see him back - at $1,500,000 (I may be wrong but I think that he still gets some $$$ from Ducks buyout) and he fit nicely with either Zetterberg or Dats.

- Draper: Finished - thanks for everything.

Trade Hudler (bad thing is that he right now his trading value is ZERO) and Cleary for cap space (draft picks).

FORWARDS: $31.1M

1st line ($11.7M) Flip ($3M) - Dats ($6,7M) - Homer ($2M)

2nd line ($11.4M) Franzen ($3,9M) - Zetterberg ($6M) - Bertuzzi ($1.5M)

3rd line ($3.7M) Eaves ($.8M) - Abdelakader ($.875M) - "X" (approx $2M)

4th line ($3.6M) "Toughness" (approx $1M) - Helm ($.875M) - Torres($1.75M)

Miller/Nichol ($.700M)

"X":

Afinogenov ($1M)

Artyukhin ($1M)

Armstrong ($2M)

Ladd RFA ($2.25M)

Toughness:

S. Thornton ($.700M) BEST ENFORCER

Carcillo RFA ($.9M)

Clarkson RFA ($1M)

Boll RFA ($.850M)

Prust RFA ($.500M)

Asham ($.650M)

DEF: ($20.5M)

Lidstrom ($5M) - Rafalski ($6M)

Stuart ($3.75M) - Kronwall ($3M)

Ericsson ($.9M) - Foster ($1M)

Kindl ($.883M)

Wish list:

Boychuk RFA ($1M)

With Foster you have big def with right hand shop for 2nd PP unit.

Goalies: ($2.132M)

Howard ($.716M)

Osgood ($1.416M)

Question is: "who is real Flip?"

A. Flip vs Phoenix

B. Flip vs San Jose

- Hudler: People here are very high on Hudler... Babs isn't big fan of Hudler. How can people see him on 1st or 2nd line??? Imagine him battling with Jovanovski or Murray for puck... C'mon he's too small/weak to play on 2 top lines. We don't have very big lines in start which doesn't help either. Hudler playing on top 2 lines means that Flip will play on 3rd line. I don't know for you but I like more Flip than Hudler.

- Cleary: There is no need for him - he's way overpaid ($2,800,00 for nex 3 season) for 3rd or 4th line winger and he CAN'T play on top 2 lines. I would like to see him gone. We can call him "Invisible Man"...

- Bertuzzi: I would like to see him back - at $1,500,000 (I may be wrong but I think that he still gets some $$$ from Ducks buyout) and he fit nicely with either Zetterberg or Dats.

- Draper: Finished - thanks for everything.

Trade Hudler (bad thing is that he right now his trading value is ZERO) and Cleary for cap space (draft picks).

FORWARDS: $31.1M

1st line ($11.7M) Flip ($3M) - Dats ($6,7M) - Homer ($2M)

2nd line ($11.4M) Franzen ($3,9M) - Zetterberg ($6M) - Bertuzzi ($1.5M)

3rd line ($3.7M) Eaves ($.8M) - Abdelakader ($.875M) - "X" (approx $2M)

4th line ($3.6M) "Toughness" (approx $1M) - Helm ($.875M) - Torres($1.75M)

Miller/Nichol ($.700M)

"X":

Afinogenov ($1M)

Artyukhin ($1M)

Armstrong ($2M)

Ladd RFA ($2.25M)

Toughness:

S. Thornton ($.700M) BEST ENFORCER

Carcillo RFA ($.9M)

Clarkson RFA ($1M)

Boll RFA ($.850M)

Prust RFA ($.500M)

Asham ($.650M)

DEF: ($20.5M)

Lidstrom ($5M) - Rafalski ($6M)

Stuart ($3.75M) - Kronwall ($3M)

Ericsson ($.9M) - Foster ($1M)

Kindl ($.883M)

Wish list:

Boychuk RFA ($1M)

With Foster you have big def with right hand shop for 2nd PP unit.

Goalies: ($2.132M)

Howard ($.716M)

Osgood ($1.416M)

Armstrong on the 3rd line and Shawn Thornton on the 4th.Let Miller go and pick up Brandon Prust

I may sound a bit off but I hope Lidstrom does not come back for the next season. He may be a good piece and still play good but now we need the time to develop young talent. Lidstrom's contract can bring up some new blood like Volchenkov and some other prospects on our D line.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Filppula, Helm, Abdelkader, Cleary are the guys I guarantee to be Wings next season for sure. At the same time, I want Bert and one of Eaves and Miller being gone because we actually need to have some physical players who can also score some goals. The Wings have been rooting for the experience but now is time to say good bye to experience and develop young talents for the bright future.

This off-season must do something with clearing the old players and get young players.

I can't wrap my head around why you would NOT want Lidstrom on our team... Yes he's 40.... But alot better than ANY teams 3 and 4 D men... Which If we make a splash and get a good d man and re up with Lids..he would probably not play 25 a night and take a 2nd line role. He can still help this team win every night.

I think that on paper there's really nothing wrong with this team, which makes personnel decisions harder. Clearly something has to change, though to infuse this team with some life. Since we have a lot of role players who were fresh and energetic, I think the problem is in the top 6. Hudler might help in this department, but a power forward (if there are any left out there) might be a good option if we could trade Flip for him. (You have to give talent to get talent.)

A physical 4th liner would be nice, or maybe a physical 3rd pairing defenseman. I'd like to see Holland go for a younger version of May. We've seen he's willing to sign physical guys like May and Downey, but there's got to be a player out there who is younger, physical and is a good penalty killer for cheap.