• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul MacLean's Mustache

Who should we Keep? Release? Sign?

Rate this topic

I really like Eaves so I hope he comes back. Miller would be good too, assuming the price is similar to what he earnt this year. Same goes for Lilja, he has been really solid and I'd take him every day over Lebda.

Williams is a goner, that's a no brainer. Bert is an interesting one. I don't want him back. Atleast not in the same role. I think I would like him a lot more if he weren't supposed to be one of our "top 6" forwards.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Eaves

Draper-Abdelkader-Miller

Ritola

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Howard-Osgood

This is the roster I expect for next season. With a month more of rest I expect next season to be great for the Red Wings.

I'm flabbergasted at the people who basically want the same exact team going into next year that just flubbed out of the playoffs.

I think you make building a stanley cup winning team sound too easy.

Not much is going to change, we can't really afford it. It's just going to be little things.

Unless Lids decides to retire.

Bert and Willie out, Miller in.

Bert is as slow as Lilja is. His powerdribbling gave nothing, in 99% it ended with a turnover.

I'd like to get out from Holmstrom too. This guy is valuable only in one spot, at the net, and that value can give something only in PP. Would like to see Frolov in team. Hope that Kindl can step up.

homer is not going anywheres intill he can no longer stand up on his skates...unless ryan smyth is coming to detroit to stand infront of the puck for us.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler

Cleary-Helm-Eaves

Draper-Abdelkader-Miller

Ritola

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Howard-Osgood

This is the roster I expect for next season. With a month more of rest I expect next season to be great for the Red Wings.

This is the roster I expect next season as well. The only possible differences are minor:

Lilja out for Meech, possibly with Maltby in as 14th forward depending on cap space.

One of Maltby/Meech in as 23rd player in addition to listed roster depending on cap space.

I'd be more satisfied with slightly more rounded lines though. I've probably posted three or four different sets at this point, but here goes with a couple options:

Set 1:

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Set 2:

Hudler-Zetterberg-Cleary

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Abdelkader-Filppula-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Rafalski

Kindl-Stuart

Meech

Set 3:

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Miller-Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Abdelkader

Ritola

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Ericsson

Meech-Stuart

Kindl

Guest Lidstromboli

is there any reason for getting rid of Lilja and keeping Meech?

Agree with ya concerning McCrimmon; way too many here blaming him for the dumb mistakes of our Dmen.

Dunno if we'll ever see Dats, or Hank moved; if so I'd rather keep Dats over Hank, and see Hank traded for someone like Getzlaf since he has what we need.

As for Plekanec he's having a great year just in time to become a UFA; dunno if he'll be able to repeat once he gets his pay day...I'd rather stick with Howard/Osgood tandem next year than try to obtain a netminder from another team, and I def would put Filppula on the block if there was potential to get someone of good quality in return...Cleary will be around until his contract expires; he's a solid player, but this year was hampered by injuries, and he never looked like he was 100%.

Totally agree with you on Dats he's still awesome and gave it all in the series against the Sharks. Getslaf I'd go for that but I doubt it would happen. Some people here get really riled when a so-called untouchable like Hank is mentioned in a possible trade. But I don't get it ,sometime a team realy needs to make a major move to shake things up and change the dynamics. And since we do have depth up front why not? Look how long this core has remained intact we need changes.As far as your view on goaltending I'll go with you so far as to give Howard another go if we could get another netminder to platoon him with other than Osgood. I think Osgood has done his time. Also I think you maybe right about Cleary having not been 100%. Cheers

This is the roster I expect next season as well. The only possible differences are minor:

Lilja out for Meech, possibly with Maltby in as 14th forward depending on cap space.

One of Maltby/Meech in as 23rd player in addition to listed roster depending on cap space.

I'd be more satisfied with slightly more rounded lines though. I've probably posted three or four different sets at this point, but here goes with a couple options:

Set 1:

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Set 2:

Hudler-Zetterberg-Cleary

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Abdelkader-Filppula-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Ritola

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Rafalski

Kindl-Stuart

Meech

Set 3:

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Miller-Filppula-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Abdelkader

Ritola

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Ericsson

Meech-Stuart

Kindl

I'd expect Bertuzzi to be back next season. The Wings management was pleased with him and although he's only a shadow of his former self, he's still a contributing member of the team. There was also an article earlier this year in which he expressed his regret leaving Detroit the first time and would do what it took to be re-signed, and that money was no issue.

I'm flabbergasted at the people who basically want the same exact team going into next year that just flubbed out of the playoffs.

Exactly.

I realize people here love these players, but the team comes first. That's why I said it's time for guys like Draper and Maltby to move on.

We need to clear up some cap space somehow. The cap has hurt us the last few years, especially with our inability to make deadline moves.

Exactly.

I realize people here love these players, but the team comes first. That's why I said it's time for guys like Draper and Maltby to move on.

We need to clear up some cap space somehow. The cap has hurt us the last few years, especially with our inability to make deadline moves.

I'd expect Maltby to retire. It's just time.

Exactly.

With Hudler and a more experienced Howard, you don't think that we could do just as well?

Especially if we don't have s***loads of injuries and play a 6-8 seed and then a 4-6 seed?

There are a few players I'd like to see gone: Ericsson, Cleary, Williams, Bertuzzi, and Stuart. Those players should free up enough cap space to get someone on the offensive end of the puck.

Bert for the same pay I think can stay. As far as Eaves and Miller I do like them but they can be replaced for some size. I would like to see Lilja, Meech, and Lebda all walk. When Lidstrom retires this team is going to have a huge whole to fill and some think his cap space should be used on forwards. I say we need to spend that money on a top 2 defence man. Rafalski is getting up there and I don't see Kronwall or Stuart being in the top two on this team. Ericsson has shown that he might not even be top six, and as far as his " mean streak" I have watched him slap Perry a few times but that is it. I am sorry but he is big, slow, and not very good at defence, so he can go as well. If Lidstrom takes a pay cut or retires use his money for a d-man. Who, all depends on how much money you have to spend. Ian White would be nice?

Everyone is talking about forwards, but the real weakness on this team is defense. We need a legit top 3 defenseman because Kronwall and Erriccson in particular have underperformed. Stuart and Rafalski are inconsistent for different reasons and Lebda just plain blows. Even if Lids does come back, he's lost a lot in the last 2 years. Hudler might be good trade bait. I would love to get out from under Cleary too, but that's unlikely. And finally Rafalski is vastly overpaid. Yes he scores points, but he he's almost a wash on the defensive side of the puck love to get out from that contract and Draper's as well.

Exactly.

We are stuck with Drapers cap hit until his contract runs it course so tough titty there.

People that want the tall, strong, young physical player that can score keep dreaming unless the scouters can pull off a Sammy or Mule type of find. Hell even Lucic is making $4+ million with one 42pt season just because he does have all of the above attributes. Those type of players are worth every penny to any club.

Can any of you cap gurus see if there is any way for us to make a run at Lucic?

Edited by dragonballgtz

Guest Hatethedrake!

You'd have a better chance of seeing the Leafs win a Cup before Boston would ever let Lucic go.

We are stuck with Drapers cap hit until his contract runs it course so tough titty there.

Yep. Draper's cap hit is $1,583,333. The Wings will still be on the hook for it even if he retires. And I can't really see the Wings trading him away or anybody wanting him. Sigh... The only way any of us will be happy with his cap hit is if by some miracle he returns to the 2007 or 2008 version of Draper.

With Hudler and a more experienced Howard, you don't think that we could do just as well?

Especially if we don't have s***loads of injuries and play a 6-8 seed and then a 4-6 seed?

There are a few players I'd like to see gone: Ericsson, Cleary, Williams, Bertuzzi, and Stuart. Those players should free up enough cap space to get someone on the offensive end of the puck.

We would be a Washington Caps style team then. With Stuart gone, we'd have even worse defence than we have now. Stu is our best defensive defenceman, next to Lids.

Yep. Draper's cap hit is $1,583,333. The Wings will still be on the hook for it even if he retires. And I can't really see the Wings trading him away or anybody wanting him. Sigh... The only way any of us will be happy with his cap hit is if by some miracle he returns to the 2007 or 2008 version of Draper.

Let's also not underestimate veteran leadership. Maltby is done, but Drapes can be used sparingly as a 4th line center and as a role model for players such as Helm and Eaves.

Yea Bert has to come back but probably won't...it was pretty obvious in those last 2 games and most of the Phoenix series. Not a big Bert fan whatsoever but hey, the line just clicked really well. Eaves and Miller were good to have as well. Played balls out, hit everyone, killed penalties well. I would say bring them back too.

Realize this post went all over the map but thats my thought process right now with the Wings out lol

huh.gif

OK back to make a little sense...

Williams gone

Bert gone (probably)

Miller stays

Eaves stays

Nick comes back... please

And for the sake of mindfly Carey Price goes somewhere else to be overrated and flake out.

People want Cleary gone because he had a groin issue and didn't put up the #'s like last playoffs. There are quite

a few Cleary's out there I understand that...but the guy just works hard for us and I can't rightly ever say get rid of Dan Cleary

Edited by HankthaTank