• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#221 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

Some more gems tonight. Same officiating crew as last night.

This is getting pathetic.
Posted Image

#222 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

I just read Frasers Article on 'why edlers goal on howard should not have counted.'

He follows up the article with a shameless plug for his book "The Final Call"

Fraser recounts a story about calling goalie interference on Homer...heres some quotes from it, you guys will love this!

as I anticipated, I would have to step up from my position at the blue line and call a penalty on Holmstrom

Fraser has already premeditated giving Holmstrom a penalty during this game.

Mickey Redmond, a former 50-goal scorer for Detroit and long-time colour commentator on Wings television broadcasts, didn't agree (imagine that), but it was a phenomenal call.

A phenomenal call? please.

we officials only have a fraction of a millisecond to see and make a judgment on. This was one of those times, and from 65 feet away.

Fraser made the call from 65 feet away! Interesting. What about the ref down low? Why didn't he make the call?

A wide grin broke out across Holmstrom's face, as he smiled and said, "That's why you're the best!" and then stepped into the penalty box.

Do I really believe Homer said this with a grin on his face as he happily entered the box? Not unless he was being sarcastic. Does anyone have video of this call? Id love to see what actually happened.