• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Franzen Upset Refs Missed Call, Stuart has sprained MCL

Rate this topic

On a Red Wings board you're looking to celebrate? What the hell are you thinking?

The real reason why you're here is so you can find some Wings fans on who will say, "Sharks were awesome. They played a really good game. I really want them to win from here on out." Somehow that makes you feel really good that your team won. The only problem is that a lot of us on here feel that if the officials did their jobs correctly then we really don't know if the Sharks make the 3rd round. And that's a bad thing. When a team gets beat they should be able to know and feel that they flat out got beat. And sure, you'll find those kind of responses from some Wings fans but I'm sure a lot of them deep down have nagging doubts about such a politically correct response.

everything he just said, well said! the reffing STUNK!

Guest zackmorris

I don't like all this s*** about "we should have been better" and "we shouldn't whine about officiating" now. The hockey game was invented to be fair for both sides and I DON'T LIKE that in each and every ******* series nowadays ONE TEAM HAS TO OVERCOME OFFICIATING in order to win. And I'm not talking about my Red Wings only.

Example? It just happened to SJ in this play-offs. Just recall SJS-COL series. SJ had two times more penalties! Can you ******* imagine that? Spending 50 minutes in their zone, putting 50 shots on goal in every game and they still got 32 penalties as opposed to 15 against COL. They managed to overcome this simply because SJ is head and shoulders above Colorado. However, what if... Joe Pavelski never scored that OT goal? What if... Colorado magically scored on at least 50% of their opportunities? History will be made? It is just not fair.

We were better than SJ in our series. But not twice better... and that was required for us to win it. I don't know what could have happened if officiating was fair. However, most likely, weaker team advanced.

It is not hockey I once loved. Perhaps, that is one of the reason I no longer pay to watch it.

Amen

I'm proud to say I've never been happy about winning like that when watching any of my other teams. I say other teams, like in the NFL and whatnot, because Detroit doesn't get help the way SJ did. And whoever the next dynasty is, if there ever is one, will likely suffer as we have.

On a Red Wings board you're looking to celebrate? What the hell are you thinking?

The real reason why you're here is so you can find some Wings fans on who will say, "Sharks were awesome. They played a really good game. I really want them to win from here on out." Somehow that makes you feel really good that your team won. The only problem is that a lot of us on here feel that if the officials did their jobs correctly then we really don't know if the Sharks make the 3rd round. And that's a bad thing. When a team gets beat they should be able to know and feel that they flat out got beat. And sure, you'll find those kind of responses from some Wings fans but I'm sure a lot of them deep down have nagging doubts about such a politically correct response.

The mod edited his post -- that's not what he originally said.

I was out watching the game and it had no sound so I really did not have much idea what happened at the time. Finally just saw a replay and I'm stunned...

Just another example of how incompetent the officiating this series was.

The Sharks desereved to win and were the better team (though not by much even though it just went 5 games), but the refs played much more of a hand in this series than they should have.

A damned shame...

1) Officiating in the entire playoffs has been horrendous. When viewership is increasing (according to the stats at least), the NHL should be attempting to have the best officials in the playoffs. The hypocrisy of "hits to the head" is astounding. Frankly I don't care one way or the other if head shots are called or not called, but if you say that you are going to focus on it, then for f's sake, focus on it. What a terrible demonstration to the first time viewer or casual fan. The NBA makes it claim on relative reffing, the NHL should let them have it.

2) The Wings lost 4 1-goal games. The Wings easily could have won this series. Did the bad officiating cause them to lose this series? I don't think so, but it certainly didn't help.

Recall the officiating in 2006-2007 season against the Ducks... the NHL has a long way to go...

It's people like ratbastard that keep me away from cheering for my home team in the following rounds. They sure are a cocky bunch for a team that hasn't won anything yet.

Back on topic the officiating sucked balls. Just hope our guys get plenty of rest to heal and be ready for a long run next season.

Edited by SiLkK19