• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mwagner468

mccrimmon

Rate this topic

So two years of this idiot and two years of sloppy, sloppy, play. I also heard they thought he was a idiot when he coached the defence in Atlanta. So will we see a coaching change with the defence or will Babcock keep him on staff? If he goes what are some potential replacements as I am tired Of Detroit looking so sloppy in their own end.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

To make matters worse, Maclean might take a job somewhere else

ya I've posted in a couple places about McCrimmon needing to leave it don't matter who we get as long as he's replaced. What I don't get is that why hasn't Babcock done anything with McCrimmon. Does he just let him delegate the defense aspect and then walk away with no say? It just doesn't make any sense. Seems like both Babcock and Maclean would look over to him and just have a WTF face and then slap him in the mouth.

I've been saying get rid of him ever since we brought him into the coaching staff.

Isn't it odd that ever since he joined the staff that we've dropped from one of the best defensive teams in the league to one of the worst?

I've been saying get rid of him ever since we brought him into the coaching staff.

Isn't it odd that ever since he joined the staff that we've dropped from one of the best defensive teams in the league to one of the worst?

Same here. It's not a coincidence that our defense and PK tanked once he was brought aboard. Any team he has joined has had the exact same problem. Google it.

Guest Crymson

So two years of this idiot and two years of sloppy, sloppy, play. I also heard they thought he was a idiot when he coached the defence in Atlanta. So will we see a coaching change with the defence or will Babcock keep him on staff? If he goes what are some potential replacements as I am tired Of Detroit looking so sloppy in their own end.

Hmm, yeah... I also think you're full of crap and are venturing into the hyperbolic, given that the Thrashers` players apparently McCrimmon should have been made head coach instead of Anderson after Hartley was fired.

Looking for someone to blame?

Oh, and Babcock knows more about hockey than you do.

Hmm, yeah... I also think you're full of crap and are venturing into the hyperbolic, given that the Thrashers` players apparently McCrimmon should have been made head coach instead of Anderson after Hartley was fired.

Looking for someone to blame?

Oh, and Babcock knows more about hockey than you do.

Babcock knows more about hockey than pretty much all of us, doesn't mean people can't talk about stuff in here.

As for McCrimmon, can't blame him fully as he can't make the players do stuff on the ice, but everybody has to have some accountability at the job, he probably shares some of the blame for bad defense at times.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest Heaten

Honest question, Why not bring in Ken Hitchcock to take over McCrimmon's job? (or if we lose Maclean)

Good cop, bad cop might work.

You guys crack me up.

Seriously - it's as though McCrimmon used his Jedi mind trick to convince the Dmen like Rafalski, and Ericsson to screw up, and turn the puck over :rolleyes:

I don't think it's too far out of the realm of possibility to blame McCrimmon for E's apparent breakdown in the confidence department. Obviously not gonna blame him for a lackluster season from the vets, but he has a much bigger impact (or should) on the younger defensman... Like E. Not saying that all of the blame should fall on McCrimmon for E's fall from grace... but some, maybe most. If he has been working with E this season as much as he should have been... he failed.

Honest question, Why not bring in Ken Hitchcock to take over McCrimmon's job? (or if we lose Maclean)

Good cop, bad cop might work.

Not enough room on the bench. Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk.

But seriously, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a head coach take a demotion to being an assistant coach for an NHL team, especially someone with the resume of Ken Hitchcock.

But seriously, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a head coach take a demotion to being an assistant coach for an NHL team, especially someone with the resume of Ken Hitchcock.

Tom Renney went to Edmonton this past season as an assistant.

Edited by miller76

Tony Granato - but yeah his CV wasn't so hot.

Guest Lidstromboli

he makes for a pretty good scapegoat. i mean, he comes in and then our defensive play suffers, and it didn't before. and since we don't know anything that goes on behind the scenes i say that we get rid of him!

I think many here are under the illusion that the player induced brain-farts will cease to exist when McCrimmon is shown the door :rolleyes:

BTW - has anyone else noticed that Atlanta still kinda sucks since McCrimmon left?...Hmm.

I think the main point is, that Ericsson was playing great hockey and developing very well under Fraser in GR, plus look at the call ups when they've been made (Janik, Kindl) and those guys were NHL ready and looked comfortable and perfectly in place... now, couple that with the fact that Lebda actually looked like an NHL defensman and not a human pylon in 08 and has steadily decreased in ability in his 2 years under McCrimmon and Meech hasn't developed like we'd hoped... NOW, add that with our STUNNING rise in shots against and GA in the last two years... I find it impossible to believe that all of that is coincidence...

The fact is, the guy may think the game incredibly well and understand strategies, but that doesn't mean he is a good NHL coach - when players don't develop at the pace they're supposed to, or take steps back, it's usually the coaches faults... and THIS is where the real problem lies...

Like I've said all along, if we can retain MacClean, shift him back to D and PK coach (where he was in 08) and bring Gallant on board to coach the forwards and PP...