• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Will you discontinue paid NHL viewing for next year?

Rate this topic

Will you discontinue paid NHL viewing for next year?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you paying for NHL Center Ice or for online services? Obviously, there are other ways of watching the games and I am sure people who choose that method have plenty to say. But, IMHO, one of the ways to force the NHL to improve the integrity of the game is simply by fans refusing to support the NHL until improvements are made to the game. So while some people may choose to discontinue the NHL Center Ice because of terrible refereeing others may do so because of poor team performance or other reasons. If you feel compelled, please state your reason.

Edited by Icesurfer

Guest CaliWingsNut

I voted no, as I plan to continue not providing cash to an organization that promotes a service that lies about offering every game during the season.

(I considering throwing all info about blackouts, service issues, having to call to cancel an online service, etc in their small print lying because the very action means they hope you won't notice.)

I voted no, as I plan to continue not providing cash to an organization that promotes a service that lies about offering every game during the season.

(I considering throwing all info about blackouts, service issues, having to call to cancel an online service, etc in their small print lying because the very action means they hope you won't notice.)

Need to change your vote to YES. Yes, means you are discontinuing your services. I realized after I worded it that way it way cause some confusion.

I already stopped paying for european analogue of Center Ice this year. There is no way I will subscribe next year after all this s***.

Edited by RusDRW

I dont mind paying in order to watch the Wings since I dont live in the Michigan area, but some of the BS about not having access to games because they are on versus or nhl network kinda make it hard, but then again seeing roughly 75 games out of 82, plus how many ever playoff games is not bad

I bought NHL Center Ice once, long ago. Never again. I was told by the cable company I would be able to see all the Redwings games. Well guess what, I could only see the away games. Even though I am 2.5 hrs from Detroit I was considered to be in the "blackout area".

I will continue not to pay since I don't have the option of getting it. My cable company stopped carrying it since only 2 people signed up for it after the 2004-5 season. Gee, I wonder why it was so low...

At any rate, even if I could get it, my VCR only goes up to channel 13, so I can't tape games unless they're on NBC, and since I work a lot of evenings, it's not worth the money.

For the few games I get to see, I can find a stream.

If I was at home evenings and Centre Ice was an option, I would do it.

I'll get CI again next year. In this part of the world winter is cold and long and it provides me something to watch other than Dancing with whoever or American Idol. Two other friends get it and we rotate houses and get together once a week to watch a game. It provides an opertunity for ex-Michganders to get together root for our team. Being away from Mich. for so long has made it a must, its that or the only hockey I get here is Altitude and I cannot watch the Aves' or their terible annonucers for any lenght of time. After the last few playoff seasons I am appreciating regular season hockey more and more and am almost considering not watching them.

Well, I broke down and got Center Ice for the playoffs this year. I swore all year long I wouldn't pay the league any more than I had to, especially since I already get the NHL Network and think it's stupid to have a third channel; either put LIVE games on NHLN or cut it out all together and just have Center Ice, but don't string us along like the NHLN is actually useful.

Anyway, I ended up pulling out my wallet and getting in line behind Cindy to be Bettman's *****. I'm probably not his type, though, being female and all. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sid's a halfway good-looking guy...if I were Bettman (God forbid), I'd probably make him my *****, too, if he didn't cry so much. Um, anyway... (Sorry, that #NHLSexActs thing on Twitter has put my mind in the gutter here lately...because my mind's never in the gutter the rest of the time, no sir!)

Ok, back on track, I don't know if I'll get it again next year. It sure was handy, but it sure was expensive. I'll have to see how things are going when October rolls around. If I CAN afford to give Bettman more money, I'm not sure I want to, but it would be great to see more Wings games than just the ones they show on VS. Of course, there's always the chance I might be moving to Michigan the year after next, so it'll only be one more year with just VS., if I can stop myself from breaking down during the playoffs again. So, in a nutshell: undecided.

The thought of discontinuing my Center Ice is crazy. It costs me $160 bucks to watch every game I had time to watch or DVR this season. And I watch more than just Red Wings games. What a bargain. It costs that much to attend one or two games live. Not even a question. When they aren't on Center Ice, I have Versus, NHL network and NBC. I just wish NHL Network was in HD.

Well, I broke down and got Center Ice for the playoffs this year. I swore all year long I wouldn't pay the league any more than I had to, especially since I already get the NHL Network and think it's stupid to have a third channel; either put LIVE games on NHLN or cut it out all together and just have Center Ice, but don't string us along like the NHLN is actually useful.

Anyway, I ended up pulling out my wallet and getting in line behind Cindy to be Bettman's *****. I'm probably not his type, though, being female and all. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sid's a halfway good-looking guy...if I were Bettman (God forbid), I'd probably make him my *****, too, if he didn't cry so much. Um, anyway... (Sorry, that #NHLSexActs thing on Twitter has put my mind in the gutter here lately...because my mind's never in the gutter the rest of the time, no sir!)

Ok, back on track, I don't know if I'll get it again next year. It sure was handy, but it sure was expensive. I'll have to see how things are going when October rolls around. If I CAN afford to give Bettman more money, I'm not sure I want to, but it would be great to see more Wings games than just the ones they show on VS. Of course, there's always the chance I might be moving to Michigan the year after next, so it'll only be one more year with just VS., if I can stop myself from breaking down during the playoffs again. So, in a nutshell: undecided.

Not sure what your service provider charges, but it is usually a much better value if you buy at the beginning of the season. They really don't discount it much after the all-star/olympic break.

I also don't understand the whole "I don't want to give the league any more money" arguement. If the league doesn't make money, there won't be a league.

I look at it this way -- even if I could afford Center Ice (which I can't), the only TV it would be on is in the family room, and I that TV is always occupied by either one of my parents or my sister. So I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway.

Streams online are better; I can watch them in my room, on my computer and not have it be a hassle to anyone.

Edited by Electrophile

Do all chicks carry wallets?

I've gotten Center Ice the past two years. Loved it both years. I will not be purchasing it next year. Not because of conspiracies or bad reffing... but because I'm going back to school for a PhD and I won't have enough time to watch many games, or enough money to afford the package.

My only beef with CI for cable is that they only have 1 HD channel, at least with my provider. Luckily they picked a handful of Wings games for the HD channel, but I wish every game possible was in HD.

Edited by Wombat

The thought of discontinuing my Center Ice is crazy. It costs me $160 bucks to watch every game I had time to watch or DVR this season. And I watch more than just Red Wings games. What a bargain. It costs that much to attend one or two games live. Not even a question. When they aren't on Center Ice, I have Versus, NHL network and NBC. I just wish NHL Network was in HD.

Not sure what your service provider charges, but it is usually a much better value if you buy at the beginning of the season. They really don't discount it much after the all-star/olympic break.

I also don't understand the whole "I don't want to give the league any more money" arguement. If the league doesn't make money, there won't be a league.

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, if I do end up getting it again, I'll definitely get it at the beginning of the season. It was kind of silly of me to go without it all year long and then at the very end pay through the nose for it.

I wouldn't mind paying for it if I thought the whole thing was run fairly and efficiently. I hate how VS. only has hockey on 2 nights a week during the regular season, which basically forces you to get Center Ice if you want to see a decent amount of games, and I hate how useless the NHL Network is when you have to pay extra for it, and I hate how it has precedence over CI for airing games. I suppose I shouldn't take that part of it out on CI, but the whole thing just makes no sense, and I don't especially enjoy contributing to that. Center Ice itself is a fair deal, though...I'm just not sure if I can afford it again.

?

Where do you think we keep our cash, driver's license, credit/debit cards? I keep mine in my wallet, which is in my purse.

Exactly. I keep a wallet, which I keep in my purse. I'm sure Bettman will tell you the same thing (man, I'm just full of all kinds of vitriol tonight!).