• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

San Jose Game 2 Diving Compilation

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

You respond to valid evidence with an insult. Typical..

Edit: This post was in response to an obnoxious post by a Sharks fan, a post which was reported and apparently has been deleted.

Edited by Crymson

Its probly best not to dwell on it; we lost, its over, and that's that.

Now, with that being said, some of these dives (Nichol's at :50 especially) were just pathetic. NO other way of putting it.

Pick any game from any series and I can put together a much better 2-minute clip of Wings diving and crying like babies. Not because the Wings are crooked or babies but because I am good at editing clips together.

I'm sorry that you feel like the series was stolen from you buy the refs, but I disagree. Your evidence doesn't dissuade me, and it is entirely one-sided.

Pick any game from any series and I can put together a much better 2-minute clip of Wings diving and crying like babies. Not because the Wings are crooked or babies but because I am good at editing clips together.

I'm sorry that you feel like the series was stolen from you buy the refs, but I disagree. Your evidence doesn't dissuade me, and it is entirely one-sided.

This is not meant as a invitation to you to respond. Moreso directed to the people on the board--

Please don't feed trolls. Arguing with a moron won't make them less of a moron. Just let him skip merrily along his way.....presumedly falling at the hint of contact.

Guest Crymson

Then put your money where your mouth is.

Guest zackmorris

Then put your money where your mouth is.

My thoughts exactly.

Let's see it. Because I didn't see any SJ fans talking about Wings diving. Because we don't.

Go to 1:10 and if you feel happy or proud about that happening...you have no character or balls. Sorry if this comes off harsh but I'm a no-nonsense person and this is just undeniable evidence.

Edited by zackmorris

I don't mind taking them on, what the hell.

1) Embellishment by Nabokov, but a dive? I don't think so. I don't like diving or embellishment, but I am also of the opinion that no player on any team has an obligation to make any effort whatsoever to recover in a way that says, 'don't worry about it, no harm, no foul'.

2) From that angle it looks like a definite dive by Nichols. No argument there.

3) The Vlasic fall was neither a dive nor an embellishment. Vlasic just lost his edge, and it was a bad call, a stupid call, and nothing more.

4) Give that one a big giant motherf***ing break. A stick all the way up through the legs, followed by a sharp pulling HOOKING motion directly to the wrists, followed by another sharp HOOK to the left leg? You have to be one myopic, or even blind, homer not to see that that one was a solid, SOLID call, a penalty that deserved a call, and wasn't even SLIGHTLY questionable. I can't believe that was even included in this compilation.

5) Likewise, the trip by Filppula at 1:52 was a stick straight to the edge of the skates. No embellishment (nor was any necessary), and certainly no dive. Total penalty, absolutely solid call.

6) Datsyuk cross checked Setoguchi into the goal post. Total penalty, one I would have called, and not too iffy in my mind. For embellishment, I'd be looking for a delayed response of some kind, or a reaction that was obviously overly dramatic. That's what many Wings fans saw, but I didn't. It wasn't like the Nichols dive, where he arched his back and collided with the post, but you couldn't even see a cross checking motion from the player behind. In this one you can CLEARLY see Datsyuk ramming the back of his stick into Setoguchi from behind, and with looked, to me at least, like considerable speed (read = f=ma = force). If that's one of the "well, your players need to learn to skate such that they can't be knocked down so easily and make us look bad", I would disagree. Total cross check, legitimate call. If, as was argued, the Sharks were getting away with the same thing, then THAT should be included in the compilation for contrast, and then you'd have a valid, albeit different, point of contention.

Guest micah

Because I didn't see any SJ fans talking about Wings diving. Because we don't.

LOL. The Sharks did a s*** ton of diving in this series for sure - but to state that you don't think the Wings dive indicates that you're blind, lying or not watching them. They dive, and they dive a lot. Yes, I know every team does it. That doesn't make it okay.

Guest zackmorris

^Dude...they're dives. People will argue anything.

LOL. The Sharks did a s*** ton of diving in this series for sure - but to state that you don't think the Wings dive indicates that you're blind, lying or not watching them. They dive, and they dive a lot. Yes, I know every team does it. That doesn't make it okay.

We're not divers. I swear you come back here for one day and you hear the same old crap. EVeryone is so scared to look like a homer.

Guest micah

We're not divers. I swear you come back here for one day and you hear the same old crap. EVeryone is so scared to look like a homer.

I don't have any idea what that means.

Edited by micah

6) Datsyuk cross checked Setoguchi into the goal post. Total penalty, one I would have called, and not too iffy in my mind. For embellishment, I'd be looking for a delayed response of some kind, or a reaction that was obviously overly dramatic. That's what many Wings fans saw, but I didn't. It wasn't like the Nichols dive, where he arched his back and collided with the post, but you couldn't even see a cross checking motion from the player behind. In this one you can CLEARLY see Datsyuk ramming the back of his stick into Setoguchi from behind, and with looked, to me at least, like considerable speed (read = f=ma = force). If that's one of the "well, your players need to learn to skate such that they can't be knocked down so easily and make us look bad", I would disagree. Total cross check, legitimate call. If, as was argued, the Sharks were getting away with the same thing, then THAT should be included in the compilation for contrast, and then you'd have a valid, albeit different, point of contention.

I agree with your assessment of the video but I do take issue with the last one on Datsyuk. He very well may have been a penalty but Holmstrom was raped and molested every time he was in front of the net. Every time a player of ours went to net the were interfered with with. The difference being we got called you guys never did. There were multiple times that we were hauled down near loose pucks and the refs never even thought about calling it yet they give Datsyuk a penalty for that? San Jose should feel very lucky that they did get the favorable officiating or we could be looking a different series. I hope you guys go on to win the cup as long as Montreal isn't there but most of your key goals were scored on bad calls by the officials which leads me to believe that if they weren't called it could be a 3-2 series right now for either team.

I don't mind taking them on, what the hell.

1) Embellishment by Nabokov, but a dive? I don't think so. I don't like diving or embellishment, but I am also of the opinion that no player on any team has an obligation to make any effort whatsoever to recover in a way that says, 'don't worry about it, no harm, no foul'.

2) From that angle it looks like a definite dive by Nichols. No argument there.

3) The Vlasic fall was neither a dive nor an embellishment. Vlasic just lost his edge, and it was a bad call, a stupid call, and nothing more.

4) Give that one a big giant motherf***ing break. A stick all the way up through the legs, followed by a sharp pulling HOOKING motion directly to the wrists, followed by another sharp HOOK to the left leg? You have to be one myopic, or even blind, homer not to see that that one was a solid, SOLID call, a penalty that deserved a call, and wasn't even SLIGHTLY questionable. I can't believe that was even included in this compilation.

5) Likewise, the trip by Filppula at 1:52 was a stick straight to the edge of the skates. No embellishment (nor was any necessary), and certainly no dive. Total penalty, absolutely solid call.

I agree with everything else, but Nabokov is the best diver on the Sharks. And also the best diving goalie in the league. And he proved it in game 2. Nabokov dives allot and gets away with it allot.

He very well may have been a penalty but Holmstrom was raped and molested every time he was in front of the net. Every time a player of ours went to net the were interfered with with. The difference being we got called you guys never did.

That's the compilation that should have been shown, then. Lots of cross checks, raping and molesting of Wings players at the Sharks net, followed by the one cross check that Datsyuk got called for.

Oh, and I absolutely agree that Nabokov is a master diver, as I have seen him sprawl-flopping like a stuntman to the ice or into his own net as if he'd just been hit by an imaginary freight train. I just didn't see that particular one as an outright dive. In that case the actual motion was applied, and he just didn't bother to make any effort to stop himself as he went backwards into the net.

I don't have any idea what that means.

I hated that dive by Osgood ... it was disgusting. As for the Franzen one ... it wasn't a dive. A dive is when you throw yourself to the ice to get a call. On that play Franzen was on the ice and got smacked a little bit and acted like it hurt when it didn't. I hate that stuff too but it wasn't a dive.

That said, the Sharks dove in this round more than I've ever seen a team dive in a single series. It was shameful.

Edited by KaPluie

On that play Franzen was on the ice and got smacked a little bit and acted like it hurt when it didn't.

I'd give any player the benefit of the doubt on that one. It was a pretty quick, hard smack to the face, one that did send his head involuntarily to the left more than six inches. He might have been embellishing afterward with the bow forward and head grab, but that very well could have hurt. Either way, I'm all for calling a smack to the head.

Iffy call/non-call, but if I was ref and had seen it, I probably would have called it.

Truth is, San Jose dived a lot. Another truth is, they used it to ruin us 3-1. May not be the most sportsmanship-like way to play, but it was smart because it worked. Our team is in the off-season, their's advanced. Unfortunately, in a series where most of the games end in a 1 goal deficit, this sort of stuff makes the difference.

I'm not condoning this type of play. All I am saying is that it worked within the rules and the way the refs were interpreting the game. And since it worked and we didn't adapt (not putting ourselves in the position to be called), us complaining makes us sound like little *******. Time to move on, folks. The Red Wings are not the 2010 Stanley Cup Champions.

Truth is, San Jose dived a lot. Another truth is, they used it to ruin us 3-1. May not be the most sportsmanship-like way to play, but it was smart because it worked. Our team is in the off-season, their's advanced. Unfortunately, in a series where most of the games end in a 1 goal deficit, this sort of stuff makes the difference.

I'm not condoning this type of play. All I am saying is that it worked within the rules and the way the refs were interpreting the game. And since it worked and we didn't adapt (not putting ourselves in the position to be called), us complaining makes us sound like little *******. Time to move on, folks. The Red Wings are not the 2010 Stanley Cup Champions.

It did work, and they learned early-on that diving resulted in power plays. What doesn't make any sense to me is that the league talked about paying special attention to diving at the start of the playoffs, then no diving is called against a single Shark in this series when it is a clear issue. Seems very strange to me. Still, it is shameful, but more-so on the league for allowing it to happen.

What I don't like is that the refs did nothing about it! SJ kept diving because they weren't getting called for it.

Getting called or not though, that's no way to win, it's almost like cheating. The Sharks were only thinking short term and will get there's in the end.