• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

San Jose Game 2 Diving Compilation

Rate this topic

Guest zackmorris

I don't have any idea what that means.

Osgood diving on a couple (which I think he was perfectly right to considering the context of those games) doesn't mean the rest of our team ******* it up.

And that Franzen video, seriously, was a reach. You look like you just want to argue for the hell of it.

I don't mind taking them on, what the hell.

1) Embellishment by Nabokov, but a dive? I don't think so. I don't like diving or embellishment, but I am also of the opinion that no player on any team has an obligation to make any effort whatsoever to recover in a way that says, 'don't worry about it, no harm, no foul'.

3) The Vlasic fall was neither a dive nor an embellishment. Vlasic just lost his edge, and it was a bad call, a stupid call, and nothing more.

4) Give that one a big giant motherf***ing break. A stick all the way up through the legs, followed by a sharp pulling HOOKING motion directly to the wrists, followed by another sharp HOOK to the left leg? You have to be one myopic, or even blind, homer not to see that that one was a solid, SOLID call, a penalty that deserved a call, and wasn't even SLIGHTLY questionable. I can't believe that was even included in this compilation.

1. Diving = embellishing. Same thing really. Nothing about that contact caused that reaction from Nabby. Same for the call against Abby that wasn't included.

3. I think Vlasic gets a 'dive' label for complaining the ref afterward.

4. Yeah, pretty good hook to the hands, but it really didn't cause the fall, unless you have some way to explain how a little tug on the left leg caused Pavelski's right leg to stop working. Still a penalty either way though.

I don't have any idea what that means.

Not to sound like a homer, but those aren't the same things as what the Sharks were doing. There was an intentional slash after the game, a guy hitting Ozzie at full speed behind the net, and a punch to the head of a guy who's had concussion problems.

I'll be the first to admit Holmstrom and Maltby embellish though.

Edited by Barrie

Guest micah

Not to sound like a homer, but those aren't the same things as what the Sharks were doing. There was an intentional slash after the game, a guy hitting Ozzie at full speed behind the net, and a punch to the head of a guy who's had concussion problems.

I'll be the first to admit Holmstrom and Maltby embellish though.

A slash to a goalie's chest, which is padded to take 100 mph slapshots. He dove, and worse yet he pretended to be hurt.

That was absolutely not a guy "hitting Ozzie at full speed". It was a bump followed by a dive.

That was not a punch - it was an awkward gloved backhand to the helmet of Franzen, who chose to embelish it and lay on the ice because he knew he was too big a coward to man-up to Getzlaf. The ******* Linesman laughed at Franzen.

Diving and embelishing are wrong, every single time.

The Wings are not as bad about iot as the sharks were in this series, but they don't do it so seldom as to have room to cast stones either.

Edited by micah

A slash to a goalie's chest, which is padded to take 100 mph slapshots. He dove, and worse yet he pretended to be hurt.

That was absolutely not a guy "hitting Ozzie at full speed". It was a bump followed by a dive.

That was not a punch - it was an awkward gloved backhand to the helmet of Franzen, who chose to embelish it and lay on the ice because he knew he was too big a coward to man-up to Getzlaf. The ******* Linesman laughed at Franzen.

The Wings are not as bad about iot as the sharks were in this series, but they don't do it so seldom as to have room to cast stones either.

I still wonder though if Ozzie was hit on the joint part of the pads? Only Ozzie knows though.

Goalies can fall easy with all their padding on, so I don't think Nabokov dove in the original post. You can tell if someone dives by the way they fall, that doesn't look like a dive by Ozzie to me. He lost his balance.

And that hit to the head on Franzen was in slow motion... Plus what was Getzlaf expecting, he'd jump back up to his feet? Franzen probably got his bell rung, and needed a few seconds.

Edited by Barrie

Guest Crymson

None of these plays had any effect upon the outcome of the games in which they occurred. The chop on Osgood occurred AFTER a game, and his collision with Sykora occurred when the outcome of the game was no longer in question. The play concerning Franzen did not result in a penalty.

You're reaching in an attempt to make the Wings look bad, and I don't know why you're doing it.

I couldnt agree more.

Well, it's no coincidence that the one game in which the officiating didn't suck was the game refereed by McCreary.

I have an Itech 4.8 chest protector. Trust me--things move around, and there is a possibility that you get a stinger when it does. Maybe this happened to Osgood. Just saying.

Until refs call diving penalties, AND CALL THEM WITHOUT SENDING THE OTHER GUY TO THE BOX TOO, it will be in the game. The players are trying to embarrass the refs when they do that, so embarrass them back, refs!

Guest micah

You're reaching in an attempt to make the Wings look bad, and I don't know why you're doing it.

Because there are homer posters here who actually say things like "The Wings don't dive". They are wrong. I'm all about honesty, I've said it twice in this thread alone. The Sings dive, the Sharks dive even more. Diving is wrong.

Let's stop accepting ANY diving and the league will be better:) we should applaud the men who are strong and stay on their feet even though they just took a mean slash or high stick, not the girls who flop to the ice when they get breathed on wrong hoping to put their team up a man.

wow you must be a moron

Care to elaborate? No? Just the hit and run? Okay. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Guest zackmorris

Thanks for summing up my thoughts without me having to. Micah, just stop. We're not a diving team. I'm proud of the Wings because when we feel a stick by our feet, we don't immediately topple over because we might gain an advantage to win. No, our Datsyuks, Zetterbergs, Franzens and all of our stand-up, sportsmanlike players don't pull bulls*** and fall like fairies. It's not who we are, and it's not what we're coached to be. We fight through hooks and holds, we don't start s***, we don't try to gain unfair advantages. Our leaders are stand up guys and it trickles down.

Teams are always a direct reflection of their coach. Always, across most major sports. And I'm starting to think McLellan was a little weasly s*** who taught his guys to take falls like they're wrestlers. Or maybe group think took over and they decided screw it, it's better to sacrifice a little dignity and class than to have to hear about how they're chokers again. I don't know, all I know is, I can be proud of my team. And it'd take a s***ty person to be proud of not only SJ's series victory but how they played in general. They weren't Anaheim dirty, but they were still pretty spineless.

Esp Setoguchi. That guy is a *****. To hell with sugarcoating it.

Edited by zackmorris

We're not a diving team.

Sure you can come up with examples of when so and so dived but for the most part the Wings have to be among the teams that dive the least.

Franzen's dives are glaringly embarrassing but they happen like once a year. It's not like he deserves a reputation like Burrows or whoever.