• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

Free Agents

Rate this topic

Andy Sutton has played more than 60 games only 4 times in his career. I think I'd pass on that, no matter how tough he is.

I'd certainly take 60 games from a dman that instills fear into the opposition, especially in the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing people camp in front of Howard, and tired of seeing dmen that are too soft to overpower someone for a puck in the corners.

Someone asked how much he makes and I think it's around 3 million.

I heard a rumor that the Wild were trying to trade Boogaard last year.

I read that too. Traded to Tampa Bay but it went through to late or something so it didn't work out.

Makes you think both teams won't be trying to hard to resign their tough guy if tampa is trading for boogard and minny is trading him. Boogard is actually an enforcer that is just frightening as hell. People say enforcers don't intimidate, they havent watched Boogard. I would be happy if we signed either guy but I can see Konopka actually becoming a pretty solid 3rd or 4th liner here.

I'd certainly take 60 games from a dman that instills fear into the opposition, especially in the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing people camp in front of Howard, and tired of seeing dmen that are too soft to overpower someone for a puck in the corners.

Someone asked how much he makes and I think it's around 3 million.

He's also 35. I'd take him for Lilja money, but nothing over that.

Andy Sutton! Great big, mean, stay-at-home d-man that moves people from the front of the net and can overpower people in the corners. Those are two traits the Wing's d-men sorely lack.

did you watch the Senators series against the Pens? Sutton was God awful, he was more interested in hitting than playing defense. The Senators fans don't want him resigned at any price, that should be a red flag.

Guest zackmorris

Matt Moulson may be a good pick up.

Also I would consider a trade with Calgary. Rafalski for Regehr

No

No a million times over

Seeing the post that said sign Kovalchuk for $5 million made me laugh. :hehe:

Yeah, I was just about to say something like that. Dude thinks he's Ovechkin - ain't no way he's gonna settle for small change like that.

I like the Latendresse idea...let's do it! I randomly started watching Minnesota games this year when nothing else interesting was on, and I've been thinking he'd make a good Wing too, as long as he keeps it up.

And please, God, anybody but Carcillo. I wouldn't mind having a couple more tough guys myself, but argh, how about a REAL tough guy instead of that big diver. Carcillo is right where he belongs...a natural born Flyer if there ever was one (along with Pronger, of course).

Guest mindfly

Latendresse is interesting but he was lazy and sucked in montreal but then all of a sudden went on a streak when he came to minnesota.. hmm

Hi folks,

long time lurker (05-06), first time poster.

As mentioned befored, the entire offseason centers around Nick. I personally feel that he should allowed to retire if he doesn't take between 3-4 million. Yes, by his play he deserves at least Rafi money but in the salary cap world he simply isn't worth that at his age. Signing a one year contract for 5-6 mil is handicapping the team and only delaying his enevitable retirement.

So let's say Nick agrees with me and takes between 3-4, here is a list of the some possible additions I wouldn't mind seeing. The salary i've included is the MAX I would pay said player.

Matt Lombardi 3

Alex Frolov 3.3

Maxim Afinegenov 2.8

Alex Tanguay 2.5

Manny Malhotra 1.0

Taylor Pyatt .950

Edited by OUredwinger

Latendresse is interesting but he was lazy and sucked in montreal but then all of a sudden went on a streak when he came to minnesota.. hmm

Beginning to think if we don't sign Carey Price you are going to snipe Kenny Holland from a tree somewhere...

Hi folks,

As mentioned befored, the entire offseason centers around Nick. I personally feel that he should allowed to retire if he doesn't take between 3-4 million. Yes, by his play he deserves at least Rafi money but in the salary cap world he simply isn't worth that at his age. Signing a one year contract for 5-6 mil is handicapping the team and only delaying his enevitable retirement.

So let's say Nick agrees with me and takes between 3-4, here is a list of the some possible additions I wouldn't mind seeing. The salary i've included is the MAX I would pay said player.

Matt Lombardi 3

Alex Frolov 3.3

Maxim Afinegenov 2.8

Alex Tanguay 2.5

Manny Malhotra 1.0

Taylor Pyatt .950

Lombardi would be a nice addition just don't know about for 3...It all starts at the blue line as far as I am concerned. The 3rd pairing is a huuuuge discrepancy and I still think if we go for a shut down D man or a quick point man we would be better off.

3 mil is the absolute max i would pay for Lombardi. If he would sign for around 2.2 to 2.5 that would be ideal. He's coming off a career year and is still in his prime.

In our series with the 'yotes he and Wolski scared me every time they were on the ice. He plays with a spark and has speed to burn. He's going to get a big pay raise.

Agree about the defense. With or without Lids it needs work. The problem is anyone with an ounce of skill is going to be in high demand. I don't want Kenny to end up in a bidding war for a 5/6 D-man. We'll have to get by with a combo of Ericsson, Kindl and probably Lilja for the 5/6. If Ericsson/Kindl can't hack it trade one of them while they still have some value, even if it's just a mid-level draft pick. Lilja for 1 million (slight pay cut due to injury) would be good value. He's our best shot blocker and holds his own in along the boards. On a non playoff team he's probably a 4th D man. No decent defenseman will come to Detroit for less than 2 million a year.

If all we do this offseason is re-sign Nick and re-add Hudler I won't be pleased. The roster that worked in '08 isn't good enough to get past the conference finals now.

Hi folks,

Matt Lombardi 3

Alex Frolov 3.3

Maxim Afinegenov 2.8

Alex Tanguay 2.5

Manny Malhotra 1.0

Taylor Pyatt .950

Taylor Pyatt for less than 1 mil would be an absolute steal.

If you have been reading any of the articles, the Wings are NOT going to go on a shopping spree regardless of what Lids does. It just isn't going to happen

That all depends on whether the NHLPA triggers the inflator or not. If the Wings have 5-8 million in free cap room I have a hard time imagining them sitting on it unless they have some very specific mid-season or deadline moves in mind.

Depending on what lidstrom does with his contract, if he does stay that is, we can definately get a player that can contribute. Here is a list of players i would love to see in the winged wheel.

Thomas Plekanec(most likely not because hes emerged as a decent player)

Mathew lombardi(his speed is great and he has hands)

Raffi torres- Tough player, works pretty hard, he would be an upgrade to bert IMO, so if i had the choice i take raffi over him. But he has been injured quite a bit.

Maybe somehow if we snag one of those players, with hudler returning, we can be a dominate team.

i'd be all over getting lombardi and putting him on a line with helm and abdelkader. the line would be known as the wrecking crew!

Guest Crymson

I dunno...With the recent acquisitions by Holland I scratch my head as to what he's up to...Then again it's easy for me to say that 'cause I'm the epitome of a internet GM :rolleyes:

What? Like Bertuzzi and Miller? Or perhaps Williams, who had scored 20 goals the season before?

Also, I feel obligated to remind all of the dreamers here that Kovalchuk can easily demand $7m+ on the open market. You can be virtually guaranteed he will not sign for $5m-$6m. Also bear in mind that he has been known to be a caustic presence in the locker room.