Photo
- - - - -

What Was Your Favorite Game This Season?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

For me, it's hard to pick a single games as my favorite from this past season. One that definately sticks out, however, was November 14 against the Ducks. Hank recorded a natural 3rd period hat trick in the 7-4, back and forth win. Also, the New Years Eve victory against the Avs I went to had the Joe rocking.

I attended the home opener against Chicago, and saw Florida, Colorado (New Years Eve), Nashville, Minnesota, and Edmonton. 5-0-1 record, not shabby.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

I attended a few games this season. One in Detroit against the Sharks. (We lost in the SO, on Feb 11, I think)

But the best one I attended, was the 51 save game by Howard, in LA, against the Kings. The Wings hung on to win 2-1 that night. And Drew Miller tossed a puck over the glass, after the pre-skate to my son. Great game, sat behind Howard, up about twenty rows for two periods. He was stellar! It was great sitting next to the Kings fans being very frustrated by their inability to score on him.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#3 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

I went to both games in Dallas this year. Sad to see them lose both games, especially the second game with that HORRIFIC shootout "goal" call. Ugh, so frustrating.

Hard to pick a favorite game this year. The game against Buffalo where Raf won in OT was good, because I was at a RWNW event. Always good to celebrate a win with a group of Wings fans.

The 3-1 win over Pittsburgh was fun too.

Pretty much any game from after the Olympics. That's when we really started to turn the season around.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#4 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

Favorites:

All the pre-season games
Nov. 14 win vs Anaheim (7-4)
Dec. 5 OTL vs New Jersey (4-3)
Jan. 9 win vs San Jose (4-1)

I attended the Dec. 28 game where we lost to the blue jackets 1-0 in overtime.

Edited by Lidstromboli, 09 May 2010 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#5 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

game 4 against the sharks takes the cake for me... i attended the jan. 9th in san jose...that wasf****** sweet as well.

Edited by soultrain, 09 May 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#6 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

My favorite game was the New Years Eve game against the Avalanche cause it was my first Red Wings game in a looooooooong time and every game I see I wish I was at the Joe instead of in my living room lol

so much fun... had the perfect combo of alcohol and weed n it was a close game for the most part

I will have season tickets one day... ONE DAY

#7 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:59 PM

I'm surprised only one person picked game 4 against the Sharks. That performance by Mule was one of the most impressive offensive games in Cup history!
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#8 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

I attended a few games this season. One in Detroit against the Sharks. (We lost in the SO, on Feb 11, I think)

But the best one I attended, was the 51 save game by Howard, in LA, against the Kings. The Wings hung on to win 2-1 that night. And Drew Miller tossed a puck over the glass, after the pre-skate to my son. Great game, sat behind Howard, up about twenty rows for two periods. He was stellar! It was great sitting next to the Kings fans being very frustrated by their inability to score on him.

Ohhh, did you go to that one? Awwwesome!! I wasn't sure whether to go to that one or to the one a couple days before it in Anaheim. Ended up going to the Ducks game because it's closer...worst decision ever. We lost, and everybody was out on injury, so I didn't get to see half the team. Then Zetterberg comes back for the Kings game, and Howard pulls that 51-saver. I wanted to be there so badly! Both games were highlights for me, though; the Ducks game because I was there and it was a heck of a good time even if we lost, and the Kings game because Howie was friggin' magnificent, even if I only saw it on TV.

Game 7 against the Coyotes, despite being the nail biter of a century, was pretty awesome, looking back. Whichever that game was where Hank got a hat trick against the Yotes was fun, too...I even went and got curly fries (not free though) the next day. Good ol' Game 4 against the Sharks was definitely one for the ages. And it's hard to beat the last game we played against the Pens...you know, Howard really made some of the most memorable moments this season - thanks, man!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#9 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

Also-- beating the s***hawks in game 82 in their own barn to prevent them from taking 1st in the West... man that was an awesome game!
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#10 redwings8831

redwings8831

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

I only went to the game against Atlanta where we got shutout 2-0 by Pavelac (spelling is wrong). Had tickets to tomorrow night though.

#11 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

I think my favorite goal this past regular season was Zetterberg's high backhander on Luongo at the Joe. He's done that many, many times before but that one had to be the prettiest; definitely prettier than the one he pulled on Giggy a couple years ago.

Too bad HockeyWebCast got shut down otherwise I would post a video of it right here.

#12 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

Best game of the year was the SO loss at home to Chicago at the Joe (the one live on NBC). Incredible, fast paced, end to end game. If you wanted to show someone who wasn't a fan of the game what makes Hockey so great, I would show them this game.

And even though we lost in the SO, Dats and Bert scored with a pair of incredible moves.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#13 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:06 AM

The game against chicago where datsyuk absoloutely owned niemi and bert followed it up with his spin-o-rama...but then howard let in 3 goals :( That was the best game ive seen in my life, the action was non stop and i was entertained throughout.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#14 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:18 AM

attended : 0%

Watched 100%

Game 4 vs SJ

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#15 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

Already been said, but the november game versus the ducks. That was the most insane regular season wings game I have ever been at. And of course, I loved seeing the wings beat the blackhawks to stop them from taking first.
Go Blue!!!

#16 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

Also-- beating the s***hawks in game 82 in their own barn to prevent them from taking 1st in the West

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwiXG0p3N6g

#17 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:18 AM

The Preds game in Nashville in late March. The hunt for playoff positioning was in full effect. A tough goaltender battle lead to an 11 round shootout and a Wings victory. I was there, it was loud, it was GREAT!

Postseason fav. - tied between game 7 of PHX series and game 4 of SJS series. I love them both for the sheer humbling embarrassment of both teams. I guess San Jose does get the last laugh though.

Edited by FireCaptain, 10 May 2010 - 02:20 AM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#18 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

The OT game against Buffalo. My girlfriend and I drove all the way from Washington state to see it and had seats right behind the goal that rafi scored the ot winner. I couldn't have been prouder to be a wings fan that night and when rafi scored I remember almost lifting my girlfriend so high her head hit the top of the Joe :)

Edited by Wingnut in WA, 10 May 2010 - 02:24 AM.

#19 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:12 AM

We attended the game against the Pens at the Joe. The "Crosby Sucks" chants were epic and the face wash Howard gave Cindy will be forever etched in my mind :yowza:

#20 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:02 AM

Game #4 against San Jose is in my top ten games I've attended. Franzen's record 6 points, the crowd was fantastic, just a very memorable game. The other games I enjoyed this past season: The Wings 3-2 home opener against Chicago; the 3-0 shutout against Tampa Bay in December, Howard's 1st career shutout; the overtime loss to the Hawks in January. Good game, Pasha's flip goal and Bert's spin goal in the shootout.