• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

What Was Your Favorite Game This Season?

Rate this topic

For me, it's hard to pick a single games as my favorite from this past season. One that definately sticks out, however, was November 14 against the Ducks. Hank recorded a natural 3rd period hat trick in the 7-4, back and forth win. Also, the New Years Eve victory against the Avs I went to had the Joe rocking.

I attended the home opener against Chicago, and saw Florida, Colorado (New Years Eve), Nashville, Minnesota, and Edmonton. 5-0-1 record, not shabby.

I attended a few games this season. One in Detroit against the Sharks. (We lost in the SO, on Feb 11, I think)

But the best one I attended, was the 51 save game by Howard, in LA, against the Kings. The Wings hung on to win 2-1 that night. And Drew Miller tossed a puck over the glass, after the pre-skate to my son. Great game, sat behind Howard, up about twenty rows for two periods. He was stellar! It was great sitting next to the Kings fans being very frustrated by their inability to score on him.

I went to both games in Dallas this year. Sad to see them lose both games, especially the second game with that HORRIFIC shootout "goal" call. Ugh, so frustrating.

Hard to pick a favorite game this year. The game against Buffalo where Raf won in OT was good, because I was at a RWNW event. Always good to celebrate a win with a group of Wings fans.

The 3-1 win over Pittsburgh was fun too.

Pretty much any game from after the Olympics. That's when we really started to turn the season around.

Guest Lidstromboli

Favorites:

All the pre-season games

Nov. 14 win vs Anaheim (7-4)

Dec. 5 OTL vs New Jersey (4-3)

Jan. 9 win vs San Jose (4-1)

I attended the Dec. 28 game where we lost to the blue jackets 1-0 in overtime.

Edited by Lidstromboli

game 4 against the sharks takes the cake for me... i attended the jan. 9th in san jose...that was ******* sweet as well.

Edited by soultrain

Guest scottj

My favorite game was the New Years Eve game against the Avalanche cause it was my first Red Wings game in a looooooooong time and every game I see I wish I was at the Joe instead of in my living room lol

so much fun... had the perfect combo of alcohol and weed n it was a close game for the most part

I will have season tickets one day... ONE DAY

I attended a few games this season. One in Detroit against the Sharks. (We lost in the SO, on Feb 11, I think)

But the best one I attended, was the 51 save game by Howard, in LA, against the Kings. The Wings hung on to win 2-1 that night. And Drew Miller tossed a puck over the glass, after the pre-skate to my son. Great game, sat behind Howard, up about twenty rows for two periods. He was stellar! It was great sitting next to the Kings fans being very frustrated by their inability to score on him.

Ohhh, did you go to that one? Awwwesome!! I wasn't sure whether to go to that one or to the one a couple days before it in Anaheim. Ended up going to the Ducks game because it's closer...worst decision ever. We lost, and everybody was out on injury, so I didn't get to see half the team. Then Zetterberg comes back for the Kings game, and Howard pulls that 51-saver. I wanted to be there so badly! Both games were highlights for me, though; the Ducks game because I was there and it was a heck of a good time even if we lost, and the Kings game because Howie was friggin' magnificent, even if I only saw it on TV.

Game 7 against the Coyotes, despite being the nail biter of a century, was pretty awesome, looking back. Whichever that game was where Hank got a hat trick against the Yotes was fun, too...I even went and got curly fries (not free though) the next day. Good ol' Game 4 against the Sharks was definitely one for the ages. And it's hard to beat the last game we played against the Pens...you know, Howard really made some of the most memorable moments this season - thanks, man!

I think my favorite goal this past regular season was Zetterberg's high backhander on Luongo at the Joe. He's done that many, many times before but that one had to be the prettiest; definitely prettier than the one he pulled on Giggy a couple years ago.

Too bad HockeyWebCast got shut down otherwise I would post a video of it right here.

Best game of the year was the SO loss at home to Chicago at the Joe (the one live on NBC). Incredible, fast paced, end to end game. If you wanted to show someone who wasn't a fan of the game what makes Hockey so great, I would show them this game.

And even though we lost in the SO, Dats and Bert scored with a pair of incredible moves.

Already been said, but the november game versus the ducks. That was the most insane regular season wings game I have ever been at. And of course, I loved seeing the wings beat the blackhawks to stop them from taking first.

The Preds game in Nashville in late March. The hunt for playoff positioning was in full effect. A tough goaltender battle lead to an 11 round shootout and a Wings victory. I was there, it was loud, it was GREAT!

Postseason fav. - tied between game 7 of PHX series and game 4 of SJS series. I love them both for the sheer humbling embarrassment of both teams. I guess San Jose does get the last laugh though.

Edited by FireCaptain

The OT game against Buffalo. My girlfriend and I drove all the way from Washington state to see it and had seats right behind the goal that rafi scored the ot winner. I couldn't have been prouder to be a wings fan that night and when rafi scored I remember almost lifting my girlfriend so high her head hit the top of the Joe :)

Edited by Wingnut in WA

Game #4 against San Jose is in my top ten games I've attended. Franzen's record 6 points, the crowd was fantastic, just a very memorable game. The other games I enjoyed this past season: The Wings 3-2 home opener against Chicago; the 3-0 shutout against Tampa Bay in December, Howard's 1st career shutout; the overtime loss to the Hawks in January. Good game, Pasha's flip goal and Bert's spin goal in the shootout.

Game 4 of the WCSF was obviously amazing but I think I'll give top honours to game 7 against PHX.

I was so nervous going into that game and the wings made Phoenix look like an AHL team. Every single player out there played a terrific game.

The demolishing of the sharks was great but it's somewhat lessened by the fact that we were 3-1 down.

Game 4 of the Sharks series and Game 7 of the Yotes series were awesome.

Regular season I'd have to say the Pittsburgh game where Crosby started acting like a baby at the end. That was fun.

Also every game against the Hawks when we were healthy.

Too bad HockeyWebCast got shut down otherwise I would post a video of it right here.

Damn, he got shut down again?? The NHL needs to hire him, not get him banned from youtube.

I attended the March 11th game against the Wild, which was awesome. As far as other favorites go, Game 7 was great - but I also loved the home game against Tampa Bay where Drew Miller Superman-ed and the endless Nashville shootout that Kronwall won. The wins that got them into the playoffs were so much fun to watch, especially the wins they earned with all the injuries.

Guest mindfly

3-1 win over pittsburgh, one of few "complete" games from the wings this season...

6-1 win over phoenix in game7 obviously..

Edited by mindfly

Game 2 against the Coyotes featured one of the wildest sequences of scoring and speed and action I've seen in a game this year. Plus, curly fries.

A friend and I attended the game against the Lightning this year. It was the one where Drew Miller scored that great flying breakaway goal, but also saw Hank get his shoulder messed up.