• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

What Was Your Favorite Game This Season?

Rate this topic

Game 7 against Phoenix

11 Round shootout win vs Nashville

The end of the season OT win vs Chicago

the buzzer beater to beat Vancouver in OT

Game 4 vs San Jose

Howard's 51 save win Los Angeles

Z's hat trick and win against Anaheim

The multiple round shootout win vs Minnesota where Miller got the winner

and the 9-1 win vs Columbus

there are prolly many more that I am leaving out, but those were certainly some of the highlights

I'm not 100% sure who the Wings were facing for my favorite game it was out west on a late game I think it was the Canucks or maybe Edmonton. I remember the Wings came back to win I think it was Bertuzzi with the game winner. Another great game was Detroit vs Chicago on NBC the first meeting on NBC when it went to a shootout but Blackhawks won. The game was still awesome. I the Buffalo game at the Joe on March 13th. That was also an awseome game with Rafalski winning it in overtime.

Lots of good options so far ...

That win at Vancouver -- wasn't that the game they also scored twice in five seconds?

I think either game 82 at Chicago or the home win against the Pens gets my vote. I might lean to the latter since I was at that one.

Lots of good options so far ...

That win at Vancouver -- wasn't that the game they also scored twice in five seconds?

I think either game 82 at Chicago or the home win against the Pens gets my vote. I might lean to the latter since I was at that one.

Yep, that's easily one of the best moments of the season.

Would have to say the scoring explosion that ended 5-4 at Vancouver Oct 27th.

Mainly because I was there (for free!), the Wings won, and we scored a bunch of goals.

Going out to bars in Vancouver afterwards with my Wings stuff on was awesome.

I didn't really enjoy many playoffs games because I was too nervous.

See, the beauty of sucking for most of the season - there's maybe a dozen memorable games in this thread. Isn't that better than the usual Wings 50 win seasons? Ho-hum, another 6 game winning streak.

Notice how our players actually celebrated goals this season instead of the usual understated glove tap? Goals are unexpected rewards now, not routine and expected.

Feels like I went to more games than I actually did:

Pre-Season:

9/19 vs Buffalo

Regular Season:

11/5 vs Sharks

3/3 vs Vancouver

4/7 vs Columbus

Playoffs:

4/20 vs Phoenix

5/4 vs Sharks

For the games I was there, the Columbus game where we scored 3 goals in 1:16 was so incredible and the Joe was so loud. Although Game 4 against Phoenix was amazing with Howard getting the shutout and making that save without his mask, plus when we killed off all the penalties in the third period the Joe erupted every time they cleared the puck (almost louder than when they scored, almost).

For the games I watched, I loved the two clutch goal games with Raffi and Z scoring buzzer beaters, the one with Kronwall getting the OT goal, the game with Bert's spinning goal, and Miller's superman act. But one of the biggest and most memorable games for me was the night Lilja came back for the 1st time after being out for a year and a day!

We attended the game against the Pens at the Joe. The "Crosby Sucks" chants were epic and the face wash Howard gave Cindy will be forever etched in my mind :yowza:

This! This was my first ever Wings game that I attended and I will never forget it! What an epic game!

I also attended the Blues game that week; another great game!

Favorite non-attended games would be game 7 against the Coyotes, game 4 against the Sharks and the final game of the regular season against Chicago; loved seeing the reaction of the Hawks fans when Stuart scored the OT winner!

Guest scottj

Awesome, you should be proud of yourself...

Anyways, game 7 against Phoenix.

Awesome, you should be proud of yourself for not being a conceited prick about somebody bringing up the fact that they smoked weed before a Wings game.... cause you know, weed is so bad for you and you totally would of said something if I only brought up something about alcohol... right? right?

Went to so many games this year but the best more than likely the Wings Pens game this year. The atmosphere was ridiculous and was easily the most fun I had. Game 4 against Phoenix was unreal too. But the best performance I have ever seen in person was easily the Mule just taking the game over on his own.

Great season boys regardless..I shall return to another 15 or so games again.

too many games I liked... Zetterberg's hatty against Anaheim, our comeback against Vancouver, Game 2 (I think) against Phoenix with all that back and forth scoring in the 2nd (and another hatty by Zetty), Game 7 in Phoenix, Game 4 against the Sharks, Howard's brilliance against the Kings, our 2-1 win against Calgary, Bertuzzi's back to back game winners...

I attended 3 games this season: The matchup against Washington at the Joe when we owned Ovechkin and beat them 3-2 I believe. I remember Leino and Williams scoring, can't remember the other one. The highlights of that game for me though was when Osgood made that huge save against Ovechkin, and Filppula laying out Ovechkin with a vicious hip check. The other two games I went to were both terrible, both against Phoenix. One in the regular season when we had a two goal lead and Phoenix scored both in the final minute to force the OT, and then scored again in OT. The other was Game 3 against Phoenix...yeah.

Can't wait for next season.

My favorite games were probably the Vancouver game with the 2 quick goals/win in OT with no time left, as well as Phoenix playoff games 2 and 7 with all the ridiculous scoring.

EDIT: Also the Pittsburgh game. Crosby just makes it so easy to dislike him for better and worse.

I actually lucked out in going to a game. I was in Phoenix for other reasons right at the beginning of the new year - the college I went to was playing in the Fiesta Bowl on Monday Jan. 4th - but I lucked out that the Wings were playing that weekend on Saturday Jan. 2nd so I went to that and saw a good win and two goals by my favorite player (Holmstrom)!

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Best game of the year was the SO loss at home to Chicago at the Joe (the one live on NBC). Incredible, fast paced, end to end game. If you wanted to show someone who wasn't a fan of the game what makes Hockey so great, I would show them this game.

And even though we lost in the SO, Dats and Bert scored with a pair of incredible moves.

I was at this game. Great fight by Eaves and Versteeg too.

I was at game 4 against the sharks got 39 dollar tickets on game day and couldn't refuse. Wow was the joe rocking that night.

Awesome, you should be proud of yourself for not being a conceited prick about somebody bringing up the fact that they smoked weed before a Wings game.... cause you know, weed is so bad for you and you totally would of said something if I only brought up something about alcohol... right? right?

I wish I was as cool as you.

Hard to pick one favorite game this season. I must say that OT game vs the Kings, the 1-0 win. Jimmy stood on his head and Helm ends up getting the game winner, just a great moment.

Went to the 6-0 demolishing the Islanders handed us. Not a happy night for me. :(

Hopefully they come back to the Northeast next year though.