Photo
- - - - -

What Was Your Favorite Game This Season?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:19 AM

Game 4 of the WCSF was obviously amazing but I think I'll give top honours to game 7 against PHX.

I was so nervous going into that game and the wings made Phoenix look like an AHL team. Every single player out there played a terrific game.

The demolishing of the sharks was great but it's somewhat lessened by the fact that we were 3-1 down.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#22 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:22 AM

Game 4 of the Sharks series and Game 7 of the Yotes series were awesome.

Regular season I'd have to say the Pittsburgh game where Crosby started acting like a baby at the end. That was fun.
Also every game against the Hawks when we were healthy.

Too bad HockeyWebCast got shut down otherwise I would post a video of it right here.

Damn, he got shut down again?? The NHL needs to hire him, not get him banned from youtube.

#23 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:13 AM

I attended the March 11th game against the Wild, which was awesome. As far as other favorites go, Game 7 was great - but I also loved the home game against Tampa Bay where Drew Miller Superman-ed and the endless Nashville shootout that Kronwall won. The wins that got them into the playoffs were so much fun to watch, especially the wins they earned with all the injuries.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#24 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

3-1 win over pittsburgh, one of few "complete" games from the wings this season...

6-1 win over phoenix in game7 obviously..

Edited by mindfly, 10 May 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#25 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

Game 2 against the Coyotes featured one of the wildest sequences of scoring and speed and action I've seen in a game this year. Plus, curly fries.

A friend and I attended the game against the Lightning this year. It was the one where Drew Miller scored that great flying breakaway goal, but also saw Hank get his shoulder messed up.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#26 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

Game 7 against Phoenix

11 Round shootout win vs Nashville

The end of the season OT win vs Chicago

the buzzer beater to beat Vancouver in OT

Game 4 vs San Jose

Howard's 51 save win Los Angeles

Z's hat trick and win against Anaheim

The multiple round shootout win vs Minnesota where Miller got the winner

and the 9-1 win vs Columbus

there are prolly many more that I am leaving out, but those were certainly some of the highlights
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#27 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

I'm not 100% sure who the Wings were facing for my favorite game it was out west on a late game I think it was the Canucks or maybe Edmonton. I remember the Wings came back to win I think it was Bertuzzi with the game winner. Another great game was Detroit vs Chicago on NBC the first meeting on NBC when it went to a shootout but Blackhawks won. The game was still awesome. I the Buffalo game at the Joe on March 13th. That was also an awseome game with Rafalski winning it in overtime.

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

We also can't forget against Vancouver, Hank winning it with 0.1 left on the clock. Another good candidate for favorite game of the year. Kenny's call of the play was epic.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

Lots of good options so far ...

That win at Vancouver -- wasn't that the game they also scored twice in five seconds?

I think either game 82 at Chicago or the home win against the Pens gets my vote. I might lean to the latter since I was at that one.

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

Lots of good options so far ...

That win at Vancouver -- wasn't that the game they also scored twice in five seconds?

I think either game 82 at Chicago or the home win against the Pens gets my vote. I might lean to the latter since I was at that one.

Yep, that's easily one of the best moments of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs-J5iU3kU0

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

so much fun... had the perfect combo of alcohol and weed n it was a close game for the most part

Awesome, you should be proud of yourself...

Anyways, game 7 against Phoenix.

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Game 7 against Phoenix was really good.

Probably our best game of the season.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

Game 7 against Phoenix was really good.

Probably our best game of the season.

Easily one of the most complete games of the year, that and Game 4 against San Jose.

#34 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

Would have to say the scoring explosion that ended 5-4 at Vancouver Oct 27th.

Mainly because I was there (for free!), the Wings won, and we scored a bunch of goals.

Going out to bars in Vancouver afterwards with my Wings stuff on was awesome.

I didn't really enjoy many playoffs games because I was too nervous.

#35 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Watch them all again :D

http://www.letsgowin...showtopic=61751

Edited by drumnj, 10 May 2010 - 12:29 PM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#36 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

See, the beauty of sucking for most of the season - there's maybe a dozen memorable games in this thread. Isn't that better than the usual Wings 50 win seasons? Ho-hum, another 6 game winning streak.

Notice how our players actually celebrated goals this season instead of the usual understated glove tap? Goals are unexpected rewards now, not routine and expected.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#37 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

What about the game against the Oilers, where the Wings came back from 5-0 (if my memory serves me well?)
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#38 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

Feels like I went to more games than I actually did:

Pre-Season:
9/19 vs Buffalo

Regular Season:
11/5 vs Sharks
3/3 vs Vancouver
4/7 vs Columbus

Playoffs:
4/20 vs Phoenix
5/4 vs Sharks

For the games I was there, the Columbus game where we scored 3 goals in 1:16 was so incredible and the Joe was so loud. Although Game 4 against Phoenix was amazing with Howard getting the shutout and making that save without his mask, plus when we killed off all the penalties in the third period the Joe erupted every time they cleared the puck (almost louder than when they scored, almost).

For the games I watched, I loved the two clutch goal games with Raffi and Z scoring buzzer beaters, the one with Kronwall getting the OT goal, the game with Bert's spinning goal, and Miller's superman act. But one of the biggest and most memorable games for me was the night Lilja came back for the 1st time after being out for a year and a day!

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

What about the game against the Oilers, where the Wings came back from 5-0 (if my memory serves me well?)

That was great, even though we ended up losing in the shootout.

#40 RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40

Loving my Wings until the day I die!

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

We attended the game against the Pens at the Joe. The "Crosby Sucks" chants were epic and the face wash Howard gave Cindy will be forever etched in my mind :yowza:

This! This was my first ever Wings game that I attended and I will never forget it! What an epic game!

I also attended the Blues game that week; another great game!

Favorite non-attended games would be game 7 against the Coyotes, game 4 against the Sharks and the final game of the regular season against Chicago; loved seeing the reaction of the Hawks fans when Stuart scored the OT winner!
Count me in, but don't count me out,
You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,
Fight through the hurt, Fight through the pain,
Without the ache there is no gain,
We live our lives for the love of the game
Pillar - For the Love of the Game