• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Brad May expects to retire

Rate this topic

Brad May on the FAN 590 just now, he says he's likely going to retire. Says that he doesn't want to be away from his family any more and would only play in Toronto. He adds that he still wants to play, but his body is telling him otherwise.

Says he wants to stay involved in the game in some fashion.

Guest micah

Brad May on the FAN 590 just now, he says he's likely going to retire. Says that he doesn't want to be away from his family any more and would only play in Toronto. He adds that he still wants to play, but his body is telling him otherwise.

Says he wants to stay involved in the game in some fashion.

Thanks for 2 deacdes of entertainment, Brad!

Toronto should sign him for a year....then we can take Colton Orr:)

Guest Lidstromboli

It was nice having someone that actually fought for half a season

Not that surprising but sad nonetheless. I really liked what he brought to us this year and it was refreshing when he was in the lineup. Teams seemed to play us just a little bit differently when they knew May was out there. He seemed to be a good leader to the younger 4th liners .

His disallowed goal was one of the worst I've ever seen in hockey, and I really wish he had gotten on the scoreboard more (he did have a few good chances though).

Good luck May.

Shame he was pretty much washed up when he got here. I can only echo Babcock's comment about wanting him 4 years ago - a 34 year old May was a different proposition.

Tough call, but I say he goes into the Hall of Fame as a Sabre.

Again with the balls, hey newfy? ;)

haha what can I say?

Sorry I'll rephrase it, this team played with more sandpaper and guts when May was in the lineup.

It was nice having someone that actually fought for half a season

No offense to Brad. I like him a lot as a player, but none of his fights had any meaning this season. He didn't fight all that often and when he did, it was like he just fought the tough guy from the other team just for the hell of it.

Guest Lidstromboli

No offense to Brad. I like him a lot as a player, but none of his fights had any meaning this season. He didn't fight all that often and when he did, it was like he just fought the tough guy from the other team just for the hell of it.

well it was a lot more entertaining than the hockey they were playing at that point