• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Howard injured?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I don't doubt that Price can be a good goalie. I think he's slightly overrated, but here's the question... did the Montreal fans get to him or did he get inside his own head and cause his inconsistencies?

Moving forward, will he be effective?

It can get tough if he stays in montreal, halak is their guy so he will most likely get moved this summer, let's say if new jersey will get him and langenbrunner the other way (as some rumours have suggested) he will become a really really good goalie in this league. I've never been so convinced in my life.

Why Carey Price gets brought up is mind boggling at best...There is no reason to dump Jimmy off when he had 1 poor game the entire playoffs and some spotty goals here and there. Give me a break! this guy led us here and now because the Sharks capitalized on the calls that went in their favor. It is what it is. Price would not be the answer, a spruced up blue line would be. Thanks have a great off season.

I could count on 1 hand how many bad goals Howard gave up in the Sharks series. Most goals he allowed was 5 on 3 and 5 on 4 goals. Can't blame Howard because his team couldn't stay out of the box.

While overall I agree, the two bad goals in game three ended any chance the Red Wings had of winning the series. If Howard keeps Couture's shot out, the series may still be going tonight.

While I don't think we should go after Price because I love what Jimmy did this year, I still think Price could be a great goalie in a different situation. They acted like he was the next Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden and he clearly wasn't ready. Poor management I think. Remember when they dumped Huet to try and ride Price in the playoffs? If I'm not mistaken they were a 2 seed that year (again I may be mistaken). There was an interesting piece in espn the magazine about Price and how being Montreal's goalie is the toughest thing in sports. Judging from the article he just wasn't mature enough to play when they wanted him too, especially with the savior tag they essentially gave him.

Why Carey Price gets brought up is mind boggling at best...There is no reason to dump Jimmy off when he had 1 poor game the entire playoffs and some spotty goals here and there. Give me a break! this guy led us here and now because the Sharks capitalized on the calls that went in their favor. It is what it is. Price would not be the answer, a spruced up blue line would be. Thanks have a great off season.

Agreed. I think the other thing that's being missed is that we have another goaltender on the payroll.

Chris Osgood. (In what could be his final year?)

I think the Wings need to do themselves a favor and play him more next year. At least give him a chance, which I don't think Babcock really did... Hey, with the way that Jimmy played, he really didn't need to.

If Osgood is done, call up Larsson.

So, we don't need Price.

On top of all that, we have to remember that Price is an RFA. Holland doesn't do offer sheets, right?

EDIT: Clarity

Edited by e_prime

Guest REDWINGSFTW

It can get tough if he stays in montreal, halak is their guy so he will most likely get moved this summer, let's say if new jersey will get him and langenbrunner the other way (as some rumours have suggested) he will become a really really good goalie in this league. I've never been so convinced in my life.

Me to price is big, quick, and is still young, this guy has upside like no tommorow i would definately take him as our goaltender.

Being a goalie in Detroit has to be one of the worst jobs in sports.

Calder trophy nomination season top 5 SV%/GAA, 30 wins, a game 7 road win and a .915 SV% in the playoffs and he gets called a sieve.

He's faced the most shots and has the most saves out any other goalie in the playoffs, he didn't cost the Wings a damn thing.

Except at least three games due to giving up bad goals at the worst possible time, bad goals in the 3rd that would cost the team a lead and/or one that would give the opposing team the lead in the second half of the 3rd.

He has some very good games, but he overall he was generally a liability on a team that was inconsistent defensively.

Guest mjtm77

Price= and it wont happen cause holland is not retarted

Edited by mjtm77

He has some very good games, but he overall he was generally a liability on a team that was inconsistent defensively.

I would argue that he was "generally a liability," and state it:

He had some very good games, but he was an unproven rookie on a team that was inconsistent defensively.

An excellent start to build upon next year.

EDIT: quote formatting

Edited by e_prime

People ... Howard was the BEST thing that emerged this season.

Nothing came even close. Take that to the bank.

Without Howie, we'd be in like 15th place in the Western Conference.

And in the bigger picture of things ... we got ourselves a keeper.

Howard is the future. I doubted him at the beginning, but I am now a believer. If people have a problem with how he played here and there in the last series, I would hope that disclosure that he had an injury would help settle their doubts.

(Carman: watch out for posts like that one on the last page if you want to keep your "minus" level below mindfly's. It was a great post and I was one of the 20-odd people -and probably the most odd- who gave it a plus.)

Being a goalie in Detroit has to be one of the worst jobs in sports.

Calder trophy nomination season top 5 SV%/GAA, 30 wins, a game 7 road win and a .915 SV% in the playoffs and he gets called a sieve.

He's faced the most shots and has the most saves out any other goalie in the playoffs, he didn't cost the Wings a damn thing.

Nice Carman, right on the money for sure :thumbup: Iwant to see Howard for the next 10 years!

We go with Howard next season. He's the least of our problems. You have got to hand it to him. He could have easily folded like a cheap suit after game 3 but he bounced back nicely. Bottom line is he kept the RedWings in game 5.

As for Price. I think it's a confidence thing more then anything. He was touted as the saviour and when he didn't quite live up to those type of expectations the fans turned on him. And in Montreal, when they turn on you is not a good place to be. Ultimately, for the sake of his career, the best move for him is...move on.