• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Hossa or Kovalchuk

Rate this topic

This is not a thread about the Wings signing Kovalchuk. We all know its probably not going to happen. I Just wanted to know who you guys think is the better player.

I have not seen much of Kovalchuk. To me it seems that Hossa is more of an all around player and Kovalchuk is a better pure goal scorer.

Your thoughts...

Kovalchuk is an impressive Hockey specimen to watch and an unbelievably accurate shooter.

Hossa is a better defensive forward still capable of 100 points.

Hossa is my pck.

Hossa is a great all around player, but Kovalchuk's skill is exceptional. In fact, I'd put Kovalchuk on the same level as Malkin, right behind Crosby and Ovechkin... Maybe at the top of his game he is on the same level as Sid and Ovie.

Hossa is a great all around player, but Kovalchuk's skill is exceptional. In fact, I'd put Kovalchuk on the same level as Malkin, right behind Crosby and Ovechkin... Maybe at the top of his game he is on the same level as Sid and Ovie.

But its easy to say things like that. When any top line player is having 'one of those games' anyone can look untouchable.

And you left Dats off the list! =P

Kovalchuk is a great player, but he certainly isn't at the level of Ovechkin or Crosby. I don't see Kovalchuk bringing much more than pure stats, so if you look at that alone.......he's never scored 100pts in his career and only broke 90pts 2 times in his career.

Both Crosby and Ovechkin have been in the league for 5 years and have both scored more than 100pts 4 times. The one year Ovechkin's worst year was 92 pts and the one year Crosby didn't score 100pts was when he missed 29 games (well on his way to 110+pts).

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Kovalchuk is who jason williams wants to be, slapping it but so inaccurate. Ilya is definately the more talented player and for our team he would fit perfectly with z or datsyuk.

Guest Lidstromboli

i would take Kovalchuk if i already had a team full of defensively capable forwards and need offense

if not i think Hossa would be a good choice

Hossa was our leading scorer when he played with us AND has an exponentially better defensive game. I think Kovy is a better pure goal scorer but I'd take 40 goals from Hossa in a season along with his well rounded defensive game and superior play making over Kovalchuk any day.

If Kovalchuk hits a slump he's practically useless. If Hossa hits a slump he'd still be out there killing penalties, dishing out assists, and backchecking like a mad man.

Given that kov is such an impact player and playing on a defensive team as NJ he didn't make much of an impact with NJ in the playoffs. I think Heatly is a pretty good player but I didn't see him do much for the Sharks. With Hossa at least he's defensively responsible and plays both sides of the ice. Although from some of the Hawks games I've been watching lately he's been taking a lot of dumb penalties. Just from what I've seen with Hossa here in the past I'd have to lean more towards Hossa.

Kovalchuk is one of the most dynamic, explosive scorers/offensive threats in the league and has a cannon of a shot, Hossa is an incredible 2 way player with great offensive upside as well, both are pretty close in side, while Kova has more intensity, but due to that, less discipline...

For what Detroit needs, if we're talking dollars to dollars, I would take Kovalchuk in a heartbeat, however, if we're talking Hossa at a million or more less than Kovalchuk, in a cap world, I'd take Hossa.

when it coomes down to what this team need...i would say atm kov is a way better fit we have enough 2 way players that are really more defensive than anything. We need a sniper on this team badly and as much as the numbers underline the chances we dont get him remember who we brought to wear the winged wheel 2 years ago... my guess even with the salary issues is this if* the wings lose liddy they will be talking to kov alot. Don't be suprised if datz is playing the world cup with russia to sweeten kov disposition to wear our purdy red sweater.