• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Electrophile

ECSF Game 6

Rate this topic

I don't understand how he gets away with that stuff.

I had the Habs radio play-by-play guys on in my car (English version) and even they were criticizing him at the end of the game for his unsportsman-like cross checks - what a whiny little punk - go Les Habitants!

I had the Habs radio play-by-play guys on in my car (English version) and even they were criticizing him at the end of the game for his unsportsman-like cross checks - what a whiny little punk - go Les Habitants!

I was listening to the same broadcast. Those radio guys are always funny, but yeah they were really giving it to Crosby on the air. Crosby ended up getting a two minute minor penalty at 20:00 for Crosschecking. (end of the game, but still)

Hilarious. Ovehckin puts 10pts up in 7 games against the Habs and people call him a choker. Crosby puts 5pts up in 6 games and he's still the anointed one. :lol:

Lets not forget that two of those points and his only goal of the series came with the Habs two best defensemen out of the lineup.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

crosby got his

crosby-cup-bennett.jpg

thats right!

and hes gonna lift it up again this year! :sly:

Haha I was reading over this thread...actually kind of funny. The jealousy is hilarious. You aren't as domimant as you once were and now you are getting angry about it. You refuse to accept the fact that anyone in the NHL can be equal to the divine REd WIngs. Habs? 24 cups? No, the Red Wings are better. It's nourishing to me how much you guy want Pittsburgh to lose. Either way, I'm proud of the Pens. We play hard, we do contracts correctly. We might lose in seven to a team that also upset the President's Trophy winners, but at least we didn't lose in 5 to the biggest choke-artists of all time.

Either way, I'm proud of the Pens. We play hard, we do contracts correctly. We might lose in seven to a team that also upset the President's Trophy winners, but at least we didn't lose in 5 to the biggest choke-artists of all time.

Wait a minute... two weeks ago you guys were laughing "Ohhhhh the Caps choked!! They lost to the 8th seed how pathetic!" Now you guys are in a Game 7 with that same 8th seed and you're "proud of the Pens". We lost to the #1 seed in the West, a team loaded with superstars. You're in a dogfight with a team that finished with the 18th best record in the league and has played the entire series without their best defenseman and now their second best is injured too.

Haha I was reading over this thread...actually kind of funny. The jealousy is hilarious. You aren't as domimant as you once were and now you are getting angry about it. You refuse to accept the fact that anyone in the NHL can be equal to the divine REd WIngs. Habs? 24 cups? No, the Red Wings are better. It's nourishing to me how much you guy want Pittsburgh to lose. Either way, I'm proud of the Pens. We play hard, we do contracts correctly. We might lose in seven to a team that also upset the President's Trophy winners, but at least we didn't lose in 5 to the biggest choke-artists of all time.

I do believe you forgot to add "we tank correctly to get 3 straight top picks". Sit there and act like you wouldn't be rooting for whoever was playing the Wings if the roles were reversed. It's called a rivalry. Do you think we sat here and rooted for the Avs back in the late 90's/early 2000's?

That game was awesome! But if you guys think the league is going to let Crosby lose a playoff game 7 in his own barn to the 8th seed without getting plenty of "help" from the refs then you're crazy. Prepare to be pissed off about the officiating after Game 7.

esteef

Sit there and act like you wouldn't be rooting for whoever was playing the Wings if the roles were reversed. It's called a rivalry.

Actually, I think this goes back to when Bowman left Pittsburgh and came to Detroit. As a life long Wings fan in Pittsburgh, I can tell you that most Pens fans have been cheering for whomever plays the Red Wings for a good 16 years now. The back to back Finals match ups just intensified their hatred.

Wait a minute... two weeks ago you guys were laughing "Ohhhhh the Caps choked!! They lost to the 8th seed how pathetic!" Now you guys are in a Game 7 with that same 8th seed and you're "proud of the Pens". We lost to the #1 seed in the West, a team loaded with superstars. You're in a dogfight with a team that finished with the 18th best record in the league and has played the entire series without their best defenseman and now their second best is injured too.

And here I was, trying to think of something nasty and totally unrelated to say to our little Pits posters. Then you come up with historic facts, The Logic Thing and a 2x4 between-the-eyes-argument. Thank you for being a Red Wings fan.

Edited by Vladifan

Actually, I think this goes back to when Bowman left Pittsburgh and came to Detroit. As a life long Wings fan in Pittsburgh, I can tell you that most Pens fans have been cheering for whomever plays the Red Wings for a good 16 years now. The back to back Finals match ups just intensified their hatred.

So is there a lot of inbreeding going on with Pens fans or...?

:lol: Yeah-- Detroit fans are jealous of your franchise's amazing success over the last 15 years. Let's assume you're high and forget who won 4 cups in 11 seasons. :rolleyes:

You are going to feel like a really jackass when those "chokers" hoist the cup in June.

Why would we be jealous of Pittsburgh or Crosby?

Firstly, we get that we are not always "dominant", but we've made the playoffs nearly 20 years in a row. I think that's fairly impressive.

People here want Pittsburgh to lose for a variety of reasons. One, we've played you all in the Cup Finals the past 2 years in a row, kinda obvious due to the rivalry factor.

Another big factor is Sidney Crosby. There are plenty of people in here who go off the deep end sometimes with their disliking of him. However, Crosby makes it extremely easy to dislike him for better and worse. I think pretty much every sensible person in here will recoginze that he is one of the best players in the game today, perhaps the best (I'm not interested in debating who is better or not, that's not the point here). However, when things do not go his way or when his team loses, he acts like a little whiney punk way too much. I'm sorry, but he does, and that's being nice. Take the Wings game between Pitt here for instance this season and he basically cross-checks one of our best players for no apparent reason about 20 times in a row at the end of the game, and basically comments that he is shocked that a teammate came to the aid of the guy getting cross-checked. He did the same crap last game against Montreal, just cross checking unnecessarily. And, he was voted by NHL players as the most whinest player in the league in a poll from ESPN. I know ESPN isn't the main source for hockey and the poll or whatever is outdated, but when NHL teammates from across the league vote this, that's got to say something. So why would we be jealous of a guy who we alraedy know is one of the best in the league, but acts like a sour baby with a bad attitude? I'm certainly not.

Another factor of the Crosby disliking is the NHL just shoving him down the throats of everybody. Again, I will recognize that he is one of the best players in the game today and that he should be known to fans and the like. I don't need to hear about him every 5 seconds though and I'd like to see a lot more players and teams marketed. Not just Crosby and Ovechkin alone. Variety. This is not Crosby's fault, but he's the main guy being marketed so that makes it easier to root for the head honcho to fail.

The final factor is how Pittsburgh got good by playing subpar hockey in recent years and benefiting from high draft picks. Personally, that doesn't bother me, good on Pittsburgh for lucking out and using their picks wisely. It's not against the rules so I'm not going to be jealous or bitter about that, but plenty of people are, and I don't fault them for that.

And losing to the biggest choke artists of all time is a bit of a stretch. They are presently the top team in one of the conferences, and I wouldn't call a team making a conference final a choke artist all that much.