• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#101 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

I don't understand how he gets away with that stuff.

I had the Habs radio play-by-play guys on in my car (English version) and even they were criticizing him at the end of the game for his unsportsman-like cross checks - what a whiny little punk - go Les Habitants!
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#102 Branton87

Branton87

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

#103 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:42 PM

I had the Habs radio play-by-play guys on in my car (English version) and even they were criticizing him at the end of the game for his unsportsman-like cross checks - what a whiny little punk - go Les Habitants!

I was listening to the same broadcast. Those radio guys are always funny, but yeah they were really giving it to Crosby on the air. Crosby ended up getting a two minute minor penalty at 20:00 for Crosschecking. (end of the game, but still)
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#104 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:09 AM

penguins totally dominated the hab-nots and still got screwed by the refs :angry:

Posted Image

#105 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

Much like Ovechkin ... I feel it's only a matter of time before Crosby gets his. And they'll both deserve it.

Edited by Octopus's Garden, 11 May 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#106 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

crosby got his

Posted Image

Posted Image

#107 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:26 AM

Hilarious. Ovehckin puts 10pts up in 7 games against the Habs and people call him a choker. Crosby puts 5pts up in 6 games and he's still the anointed one. :lol:

Lets not forget that two of those points and his only goal of the series came with the Habs two best defensemen out of the lineup.

#108 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:40 AM

crosby got his

Posted Image

thats right!
and hes gonna lift it up again this year! :sly:

#109 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

Pernell Karl Subban TOI: 29:11.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#110 Pens Guy

Pens Guy

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

Haha I was reading over this thread...actually kind of funny. The jealousy is hilarious. You aren't as domimant as you once were and now you are getting angry about it. You refuse to accept the fact that anyone in the NHL can be equal to the divine REd WIngs. Habs? 24 cups? No, the Red Wings are better. It's nourishing to me how much you guy want Pittsburgh to lose. Either way, I'm proud of the Pens. We play hard, we do contracts correctly. We might lose in seven to a team that also upset the President's Trophy winners, but at least we didn't lose in 5 to the biggest choke-artists of all time.

#111 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:39 AM

Either way, I'm proud of the Pens. We play hard, we do contracts correctly. We might lose in seven to a team that also upset the President's Trophy winners, but at least we didn't lose in 5 to the biggest choke-artists of all time.

Wait a minute... two weeks ago you guys were laughing "Ohhhhh the Caps choked!! They lost to the 8th seed how pathetic!" Now you guys are in a Game 7 with that same 8th seed and you're "proud of the Pens". We lost to the #1 seed in the West, a team loaded with superstars. You're in a dogfight with a team that finished with the 18th best record in the league and has played the entire series without their best defenseman and now their second best is injured too.

#112 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

Haha I was reading over this thread...actually kind of funny. The jealousy is hilarious. You aren't as domimant as you once were and now you are getting angry about it. You refuse to accept the fact that anyone in the NHL can be equal to the divine REd WIngs. Habs? 24 cups? No, the Red Wings are better. It's nourishing to me how much you guy want Pittsburgh to lose. Either way, I'm proud of the Pens. We play hard, we do contracts correctly. We might lose in seven to a team that also upset the President's Trophy winners, but at least we didn't lose in 5 to the biggest choke-artists of all time.

I do believe you forgot to add "we tank correctly to get 3 straight top picks". Sit there and act like you wouldn't be rooting for whoever was playing the Wings if the roles were reversed. It's called a rivalry. Do you think we sat here and rooted for the Avs back in the late 90's/early 2000's?

#113 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

That game was awesome! But if you guys think the league is going to let Crosby lose a playoff game 7 in his own barn to the 8th seed without getting plenty of "help" from the refs then you're crazy. Prepare to be pissed off about the officiating after Game 7.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#114 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

Sit there and act like you wouldn't be rooting for whoever was playing the Wings if the roles were reversed. It's called a rivalry.

Actually, I think this goes back to when Bowman left Pittsburgh and came to Detroit. As a life long Wings fan in Pittsburgh, I can tell you that most Pens fans have been cheering for whomever plays the Red Wings for a good 16 years now. The back to back Finals match ups just intensified their hatred.

#115 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

Wait a minute... two weeks ago you guys were laughing "Ohhhhh the Caps choked!! They lost to the 8th seed how pathetic!" Now you guys are in a Game 7 with that same 8th seed and you're "proud of the Pens". We lost to the #1 seed in the West, a team loaded with superstars. You're in a dogfight with a team that finished with the 18th best record in the league and has played the entire series without their best defenseman and now their second best is injured too.

And here I was, trying to think of something nasty and totally unrelated to say to our little Pits posters. Then you come up with historic facts, The Logic Thing and a 2x4 between-the-eyes-argument. Thank you for being a Red Wings fan.

Edited by Vladifan, 11 May 2010 - 12:55 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#116 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

its way easier to get in the negatives than i thought

Posted Image

#117 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Actually, I think this goes back to when Bowman left Pittsburgh and came to Detroit. As a life long Wings fan in Pittsburgh, I can tell you that most Pens fans have been cheering for whomever plays the Red Wings for a good 16 years now. The back to back Finals match ups just intensified their hatred.

So is there a lot of inbreeding going on with Pens fans or...?

#118 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

:lol: Yeah-- Detroit fans are jealous of your franchise's amazing success over the last 15 years. Let's assume you're high and forget who won 4 cups in 11 seasons. :rolleyes:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#119 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Pernell Karl Subban TOI: 29:11.

Subban is so awesome, something about him just feels right
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#120 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

You are going to feel like a really jackass when those "chokers" hoist the cup in June.

Posted Image