#1 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Wings Eulogy

what do you think?

Edited by Mitchmac33, 10 May 2010 - 07:06 PM.

#2 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

I think this was a sickening article that could only be put together by a troll in Chicago. Not one of the quotes had an inch of truth to it and it had to be from somebody who hasn't seen a cup since 1961 and more than likely this guy didn't see that one either. As for comparing Rask and Niemi to Howard???? they played probably half the games and had similar #'s so that is possibly why nobody really brings that up. Thanks for playing though
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#3 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

Sour grapes.

Oh no... the Wings didn't win the West for the 3rd year in a row, and will not make the WCF for the first time since 2006. They're the worst team ever. Fact.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#4 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Sad thing with the web these days is that every single f***tard on the planet can have their own blog.

#5 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

I hope that the Canucks beat the Hawks. If not the Sharks will.

#6 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

Sad thing with the web these days is that every single f***tard on the planet can have their own blog.

agreed.
It's funny cuz i had read some of the other eulogies that yahoo does and they were like half the length. Someone has just been waiting for years to finally write one of these this early in the playoffs

#7 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

I hope that the Canucks beat the Hawks. If not the Sharks will. I hate articles like that.

Edited by Jericho613, 10 May 2010 - 07:24 PM.

#8 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

I think this was a sickening article that could only be put together by a troll in Chicago. Not one of the quotes had an inch of truth to it and it had to be from somebody who hasn't seen a cup since 1961 and more than likely this guy didn't see that one either. As for comparing Rask and Niemi to Howard???? they played probably half the games and had similar #'s so that is possibly why nobody really brings that up. Thanks for playing though

Agreed and agreed! I was just raging about it on facebook. My favorite part is how he implies the announcers/commentators are in love with us(if I got the innuendo right). Even though every other word out of their mouth is "crosby".

Edited by wingnut40, 11 May 2010 - 05:47 AM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#9 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image

he says, posting on an internet forum

Posted Image

#10 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

What an irritating article, it wasn't the wings year. I wasn't even that mad after they lost, they've played more hockey in the past 3 years than anyone. So no s*** they didn't win the west again. What af****** joke of a journalist, if you can even call him that. Sounds like a jealous hawks fan or a fan of any other team. There is a reason the wings sell jerseys in every city, and have a following that no other team can hold a candle to, its because we have one of the best run, and classiest organizations in sports, and we haven't missed the playoffs in two decades. Done ranting.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#11 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

There is a reason the wings sell jerseys in every city, and have a following that no other team can hold a candle to, its because we have one of the best run, and classiest organizations in sports, and we haven't missed the playoffs in two decades. Done ranting.

so you mean bandwagoners? ;)

Posted Image

#12 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:33 PM

Just another Bandwagon Hawks ****** of a fan... Didn't the Blackhawks last win a Cup when we were still hunting Woolly Mammoths for food?
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#13 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

so you mean bandwagoners? ;)

haha, well at least we have more than anyone else!.....
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#14 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

:thumbdown: i read that article earlier and was ready to smack em upside the head one time. GO WINGS! :thumbup:

sig by saran,Thanks

#15 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

This guy has a message for Sam Fels.

Posted Image
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#16 South Dakota wings fan

South Dakota wings fan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

I know the loss still stings everybody, but try to relax a little bit. Guess what? The Wings didn't win the cup and the world is still spinning. I know, it is hard to believe. I read that this morning, and you have to look at it in context. It is written by a fan of your rival and supposed to be funny to others who read and make fans of that team mad all at the same time.

There is a lot of truth in that eulogy masked in jest.

All year we did think when they got healthy, they would "turn it on." Ville Leino was a bust. Homer is old and slow. Helm does have hands of stone. Bertuzzi was good for about 2 weeks in December and mostly bad the rest. I think it stings because a lot of it is closer to the truth than we would like it to be.

Now to the positive. Howard played a lot better than most of us could have ever predicted. (I was at the game he started in Minnesota last season. It was awful) We have a little flexibility in the cap, depending on how big of a raise the RFA's receive and how much of a pay-cut Nick takes if he returns.

Let a Hawks fan have his fun for one year. It doesn't happen very often. Their team will look a lot different next year due to their mis-management of the salary cap anyway.

#17 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

You know you're good when the fans from every other team rejoice after you've been eliminated. It's flattery people. Enjoy it.

#18 RedWingedKitten

RedWingedKitten

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

I joined a facebook group "the Red Wings have made the playoffs every year of my life".

Not sure how that is relevant to this thread, but I like my post none the less. I'm hoping the Wings continue their playoff streak to 21... so I can go to the bar do some shots for the Wings. (not saying I won't be able to either way, but it would still be cooler with the streak and all)

#19 backcheck

backcheck

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

A jealous bag of crap.

#20 vOrophin

vOrophin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

The thing I thought was funny was that he ragged on Helm... the guy who scored the series winner vs his team last year.

Also the strikethrough thing isn't that funny when used over and over is absolutely hilarious, he should have used it more, with worse examples.