• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mitchmac33

Wings Eulogy

Rate this topic

I think this was a sickening article that could only be put together by a troll in Chicago. Not one of the quotes had an inch of truth to it and it had to be from somebody who hasn't seen a cup since 1961 and more than likely this guy didn't see that one either. As for comparing Rask and Niemi to Howard???? they played probably half the games and had similar #'s so that is possibly why nobody really brings that up. Thanks for playing though

Sour grapes.

Oh no... the Wings didn't win the West for the 3rd year in a row, and will not make the WCF for the first time since 2006. They're the worst team ever. Fact.

Sad thing with the web these days is that every single f***tard on the planet can have their own blog.

agreed.

It's funny cuz i had read some of the other eulogies that yahoo does and they were like half the length. Someone has just been waiting for years to finally write one of these this early in the playoffs

I think this was a sickening article that could only be put together by a troll in Chicago. Not one of the quotes had an inch of truth to it and it had to be from somebody who hasn't seen a cup since 1961 and more than likely this guy didn't see that one either. As for comparing Rask and Niemi to Howard???? they played probably half the games and had similar #'s so that is possibly why nobody really brings that up. Thanks for playing though

Sad thing with the web these days is that every single f***tard on the planet can have their own blog.

Agreed and agreed! I was just raging about it on facebook. My favorite part is how he implies the announcers/commentators are in love with us(if I got the innuendo right). Even though every other word out of their mouth is "crosby".

Edited by wingnut40

Guest Lidstromboli

ifyhoz.png

he says, posting on an internet forum

What an irritating article, it wasn't the wings year. I wasn't even that mad after they lost, they've played more hockey in the past 3 years than anyone. So no s*** they didn't win the west again. What a ******* joke of a journalist, if you can even call him that. Sounds like a jealous hawks fan or a fan of any other team. There is a reason the wings sell jerseys in every city, and have a following that no other team can hold a candle to, its because we have one of the best run, and classiest organizations in sports, and we haven't missed the playoffs in two decades. Done ranting.

Guest Lidstromboli
There is a reason the wings sell jerseys in every city, and have a following that no other team can hold a candle to, its because we have one of the best run, and classiest organizations in sports, and we haven't missed the playoffs in two decades. Done ranting.
so you mean bandwagoners? ;)

Just another Bandwagon Hawks ****** of a fan... Didn't the Blackhawks last win a Cup when we were still hunting Woolly Mammoths for food?

I know the loss still stings everybody, but try to relax a little bit. Guess what? The Wings didn't win the cup and the world is still spinning. I know, it is hard to believe. I read that this morning, and you have to look at it in context. It is written by a fan of your rival and supposed to be funny to others who read and make fans of that team mad all at the same time.

There is a lot of truth in that eulogy masked in jest.

All year we did think when they got healthy, they would "turn it on." Ville Leino was a bust. Homer is old and slow. Helm does have hands of stone. Bertuzzi was good for about 2 weeks in December and mostly bad the rest. I think it stings because a lot of it is closer to the truth than we would like it to be.

Now to the positive. Howard played a lot better than most of us could have ever predicted. (I was at the game he started in Minnesota last season. It was awful) We have a little flexibility in the cap, depending on how big of a raise the RFA's receive and how much of a pay-cut Nick takes if he returns.

Let a Hawks fan have his fun for one year. It doesn't happen very often. Their team will look a lot different next year due to their mis-management of the salary cap anyway.

I joined a facebook group "the Red Wings have made the playoffs every year of my life".

Not sure how that is relevant to this thread, but I like my post none the less. I'm hoping the Wings continue their playoff streak to 21... so I can go to the bar do some shots for the Wings. (not saying I won't be able to either way, but it would still be cooler with the streak and all)

The thing I thought was funny was that he ragged on Helm... the guy who scored the series winner vs his team last year.

Also the strikethrough thing isn't that funny when used over and over is absolutely hilarious, he should have used it more, with worse examples.

From the author's facebook profile:

I don't have a lot, but I take what I have and make it sing. That and I'm nicer than most people think, not as smart as most people think, and not as hopeless as I think. So everyone stop thinking.

I will certainly agree with the 'not as smart' part, but disagree with the 'not as hopeless' part. Gotta love the bitterness stemming from having a s*** team for such a long time.

You know you're good when the fans from every other team rejoice after you've been eliminated. It's flattery people. Enjoy it.

You beat me to it, so +1 to you, I was going to say exactly that. The backhanded compliments, they be flying!