• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 paul19010

paul19010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

correct me if im wrong, but 2011 is the last year of his contract? im surprised that im not reading about any upcoming talks in the news. perhaps hockey is different than the NFL where in the NFL a coach going into his last year is a "lame duck".

thoughts?

#2 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Yeah he signed a three year contract after the cup win.

#3 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

I saw some post on a Facebook Red Wings group thing and someone said that Babcock sucks and needs to be fired. I lol'd.

#4 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

I saw some post on a Facebook Red Wings group thing and someone said that Babcock sucks and needs to be fired. I lol'd.

Even for Facebook that seems like overreacting.

Posted Image

Edited by mjlegend, 10 May 2010 - 10:25 PM.

#5 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

Hahahaha I love that beardpalm picture :clap:

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#6 EuroMan

EuroMan

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

I'd prefer that this is his last year. Never was a fan.

#7 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:20 AM

The people at RWC not enough for you?

#8 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

I just don't understand some of the critisim of Babcock of late. 4 of the 5 years they have been 1st in the Central, 5 straight 100 point seasons and he's playoff record is pretty good. A Stanley Cup and back to back finals. Yeah yeah they lost to the Oliers in the 1st round in his first season, but the Oliers had a great playoff run to make the finals.

#9 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

I think babcock should not re-sign after next season, he's been here since the lockout, change is almost always a good thing

#10 h2obury

h2obury

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

Umm.... is it just me is all this anti-babcock talk crazy? :blink:
"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~Gordie Howe

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:24 AM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#12 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

I'm very happy with Babcock as our coach. Whether or not he needs to be extended, well, that's a decision for the front office, and maybe it's just as well explored next year. But one Cup, 3 consecutive trips to the NHL's Final Four, and general excellence in a salary cap era with a fair amount of roster flux...what more do you want? Plus, he wears a fedora.

#13 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hahahaha.

#14 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

Great coaches are hard to find, lock him up for life! Seriously, I can't think of any coach that is better than him on a consistent basis. He's the best there is in the league.

Can you find me anyone else since the lockout who's been in some kind of final three times in a row, won an Olympic gold medal, been called the greatest by people around the league, and had excellent records each season?

Change isn't good if there's no reason for it. Jack Adams liked change and "fresh legs" and traded away the top half of the team in the '50s. Yeah, they didn't win a Cup for 40 some years after that "change."

Edited by VM1138, 11 May 2010 - 10:05 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#15 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

Uhhh. I'm really surprised to see people even considering getting rid of Babcock.

Wow.

Posted Image

#16 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

Uhhh. I'm really surprised to see people even considering getting rid of Babcock.

Wow.

This is just EuroMan's schtick on the RedWingsCentral.com forums. He says that s*** all the time but never offers a valid solution as to who would be a better coach or better fit. People take the bait, waste some more time and are never better for it.