• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game Six

Rate this topic

s***cago truly is bandwagon town. I'm a tiger fan first and foremost but living here I follow the cubs so I go to a bar to catch the game and none of the 7 TV's had the cubs or sox on. Idiot fans here act like they know and have loved hockey, but in reality they went out and started buying all their blackhawk gear this year or last year after they saw everyone else was doing it. I never thought I'd say it but I can't wait for the bulls to get good so no one pays attention to hockey anymore.

Anyone catch what the 4 was for? I didn't notice anything besides a BS hook before the break.

2 for hooking. 2 for cross-checking.

That was a pathetic way to go for the Canucks. They got schooled. I hate the Canucks and even I felt bad for them. Luongo ... what a joke. Worst goalie in the playoffs this year.

2 for hooking. 2 for cross-checking.

That was a pathetic way to go for the Canucks. They got schooled. I hate the Canucks and even I felt bad for them. Luongo ... what a joke. Worst goalie in the playoffs this year.

Agreed. People can definitely say Howard was inconsistent in the playoffs this year and that he looked like a rookie at times but you can't question his play when the Wings' backs were against the wall:

Elimination Games:

Round 1 Game 7--> 6-1 Victory

Round 2 Game 4--> 7-1 Victory

Round 2 Game 5--> 2-1 Loss

Jimmy's GAA in elimination games was a very respectable 1.33 and his sv% was even better in those games.

Luongo, on the other hand, was his team's weakest link in each of their eliminations over the last two years.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Luongo, on the other hand, was his team's weakest link in each of their eliminations over the last two years.

But, per post game media scrum, he is going to "walk out of here with my head held high, I battled hard for 60 minutes...". Even Kelly Hrudy said Luongo has to be better.

In his defense, though, most of the goals were break aways or 2 on one's; major lapses in defense and he could not bail them out. Goals 4 and 5 he looked like a deer in the headlights. Oh well, they only have 11 more years.

Luongo was bad thats for sure. Today however, his D was the weak link. Absolutely terrible. He was hung out to dry on a few of them.

But, per post game media scrum, he is going to "walk out of here with my head held high, I battled hard for 60 minutes...". Even Kelly Hrudy said Luongo has to be better.

AND he said, 'Well, it was an improvement this year, I only let in 5 instead of 7.' I guess in anticipation of comparison to last year's game 6. I was so looking forward to seeing him cry again. But instead I think Mike Gillis is crying.

AND he said, 'Well, it was an improvement this year, I only let in 5 instead of 7.' I guess in anticipation of comparison to last year's game 6. I was so looking forward to seeing him cry again. But instead I think Mike Gillis is crying.

I couldn't believe that comment, it was pretty ridiculous.

Guest ChicagoMan

s***cago truly is bandwagon town. I'm a tiger fan first and foremost but living here I follow the cubs so I go to a bar to catch the game and none of the 7 TV's had the cubs or sox on. Idiot fans here act like they know and have loved hockey, but in reality they went out and started buying all their blackhawk gear this year or last year after they saw everyone else was doing it. I never thought I'd say it but I can't wait for the bulls to get good so no one pays attention to hockey anymore.

Please don't let one bad apple from Chicago say that. Chicago was a hockey town from the inception to the late 80's just because they rarely missed the playoffs, and Detroit is actually chasing that record held by Chicago and Boston I believe for a pro sports franchise in consecutive years of making the postseason at like 27. Of course Chicago has bandwagoners tons of younger children are now turned on to hockey and so are adults. Please don't feed people that crap that we are a bandwagon town. When you have a horrendous owner who doesn't do anything to help the franchise come talk to me. The fans are finally being treated right and we were winning and competitive. This is a good thing for both Chicago and Detroit...brings back a solid rivalry. How can you honestly sit here witha straight face and talk about bandwagons when Detroit was absolutely terrible for years and finally got good....A lot of people were there thru the lean times, but a lot were not. Detroit gained bandwagons also back in the day, so that stupid argument doesn't fly. It's just a tool a person like you are using to make yourself think less of Chicago or make their good fortunes somehow mean less. Every franchise has Wagoners, but they also got a lot of true fans, so don't you dare lump a whole city into that category without knowing the whole situation that went on here for years.

Please don't let one bad apple from Chicago say that. Chicago was a hockey town from the inception to the late 80's just because they rarely missed the playoffs, and Detroit is actually chasing that record held by Chicago and Boston I believe for a pro sports franchise in consecutive years of making the postseason at like 27. Of course Chicago has bandwagoners tons of younger children are now turned on to hockey and so are adults. Please don't feed people that crap that we are a bandwagon town. When you have a horrendous owner who doesn't do anything to help the franchise come talk to me. The fans are finally being treated right and we were winning and competitive. This is a good thing for both Chicago and Detroit...brings back a solid rivalry. How can you honestly sit here witha straight face and talk about bandwagons when Detroit was absolutely terrible for years and finally got good....A lot of people were there thru the lean times, but a lot were not. Detroit gained bandwagons also back in the day, so that stupid argument doesn't fly. It's just a tool a person like you are using to make yourself think less of Chicago or make their good fortunes somehow mean less. Every franchise has Wagoners, but they also got a lot of true fans, so don't you dare lump a whole city into that category without knowing the whole situation that went on here for years.

+1

I've been a Chicagoan for since I was 14 years old and I can honestly say that whats been going on in this town since the Blackhawks got good has been a bit insane. There are so true hockey fans here and there are also some new hockey fans that are learning the sport and the traditions which is great. But there is also an incredible number of Blackhawks fans that are obnoxious arrogant jackasses looking to just get drunk and sing Chelsea Dagger, even though they just realized they had a team two years ago and I think thats awful and an embarassment to the great fans that Chicago in general have. Hawks fans want to forget or ignore that half their fanbase sucks and thats fine, be like that but show some f***ing respect for the game you just found out existed. You can blame Dollar Bill all you want and the man was a idiot for sure but the fanbase let it happen and there's no denying that. The Cubs and Sox and even the Bears were loyal to their teams, even in poor management and awful records, the Hawks were not.

Edited by ChitownWingsfan