• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

Mike Babcock expects 70 points from Hudler

Rate this topic

See I don't know. Isn't maybe a little unfair to reference production from the 08-09 season? That team, when healthy, had incredible depth.

Perhaps, but I think an argument could be made both ways when referencing depth. The team was incredibly stacked so Huds was more likely to have strong support around him, thus put up more points. At the same time, because the team was so stacked, Huds wasn't a top 6 forward, nor was he getting top 6 minutes. Next year he'll certainly have more opportunities to score and make plays than two years ago, but he needs to be more of a leader on the ice as well. Having said that, I still think 70 points is doable.

Does that mean Babcock might actually play Hudler... say in key situations where the Wings need a goal (as opposed to renowned goal scorers like Draper and Kopecky (last year)), and give him more than 2 games at a time on the second line?

Because I just don't see Hudler, or anyone, scoring 70 pts with 12-13 minutes of ice time.

A very old argument that is still alive.

http://www.letsgowin...opic=39859&st=0

Dats and Z had off years cuz of all the injuries. Dats and Z are still good for a 1 ppg. I dont see either breaking 90 but they should be good for 75-85 pts. Hudler could hit 70 but alot would have to go right.

Franzen/Dats/Homer

Bert/Z/Hudler

Cleary/Flip/Eaves

Miller/Helm/Draper

Ritola

Abby is NHL ready but id rather keep miller and let abby continue to develop in the AHL. Abby would be the first to get called up if someone gets hurt and i dont see Homer or Draper playing past this next season at least not with the wings. So that would open a spot for him next year for sure. Some of our PKers are getting old and it would be nice to have Miller to make it easier on guys like Dats, Z and Cleary. Plus Miller showed he has some offense upside.

I think Homer will return along with Nick. Bert is the one im not sure about.

If bert leaves

Franzen/Dats/Homer

Flip/Z/Hudler

Cleary/Abby/Eaves or Miller

Draper/Helm/Eaves or Miller

Jiri Hudler threads seem to bring out the best in terms of both extremes of people disliking him and overvaluing him. :D and *sigh* at the same time.

I'd love to see 70 points happen for Hudler but that's a bit of a reach me thinks.

Guest nutz2u

Wonder if he expects datsyuk and zetterberg to put up 70 again as well. :unsure:

How bout Cleary and Flip? Both of them make a bit more money and in the past got more ice. Babcock should go public and put pressure on them to produce 70 or more points.

I dont know why everyone wants Miller and Eaves back i like Miller but Eaves does everything Miller does and seems to be more gifted offensivly. We already have 2 lines of pluggers we need to go back to 08 and get some more depth in scoring into the line-up

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Hudler

Cleary-Filppula-Ritola/Tatar

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Ritola/Tatar

Thats 3 solid scoring lines with a awsome grinding 4th line, i would love to see Tatar or Ritola in there full time next season finally get some young guys up while they are still young.

Edited by king_malice

Wow, I'm surprised someone else here besides you sees him scoring 70 points.

Everytime we have a thread like this on LGW, something bad happens. Last year we had a "Will Franzen get 50 Goals" thread, and we've had a Zetterberg thread that was the same and of course that "Will Datsyuk Get 100 points" thread.

If those guys couldn't reach their fantasized projections, I can't see Hudler doing it. He's never hit 70 points, and now we may not have Lidstrom back next year and Hank and Pavel barely hit 70 this year. I just don't see it. If he hits 50 points, I say that's a pleasant surprise and a success.

Jiri Hudler will not score 70 points next season.

I think that Datsyerberger's point is a valid one - is it certain that Babcock was referring to Hudler's points, or the net point gain that his return would inspire (e.g. Cleary getting more as well)?

If the kid can get 56 points playing no more than 13 minutes a night... then how is it so impossible to think that with 16-19 minutes a night he can get 14 more points?

This thread is pure speculation on the negative side of things. Smile, 14 points is achievable.

Can't see 70 for Val either...

We have been waiting and hoping for that now for some time. The guy has all world talent without the "finnish". Yeah that was a weak pun but really the guy can't score. Huds is a lot more likely to get to 70 but lets be honest, 55-65 thats probably his possible high mark in the NHL.

Flip may be better all around, but he is nowhere close to Hudler offensively.

Also, personally I wouldn't make a thread that consists entirely of "there I said it" and then call people out for irrelevant responses.

I see Hudler winding up right around 65-70 depending on health.

Can't see 70 for Val either...

We have been waiting and hoping for that now for some time. The guy has all world talent without the "finnish". Yeah that was a weak pun but really the guy can't score. Huds is a lot more likely to get to 70 but lets be honest, 55-65 thats probably his possible high mark in the NHL.

He's been a disappointment.Hudler won't be doing anything amazing either.In my opinion,he's way overpaid.Wouldn't mind them being shipped out of town.

He's been a disappointment.Hudler won't be doing anything amazing either.In my opinion,he's way overpaid.Wouldn't mind them being shipped out of town.

Power play improves a bunch but we have known about Huds coming back for a while now and it hasn't excited me to the point where I think we don't have to make some sort of move. I trust in Kenny we are getting some cap space back and he will pull the trigger on the right guy, just hoping its a younger blue liner that can hit and man the point on the 2nd unit.

And of course my new guy Lombardi haha but who knows...

Power play improves a bunch but we have known about Huds coming back for a while now and it hasn't excited me to the point where I think we don't have to make some sort of move. I trust in Kenny we are getting some cap space back and he will pull the trigger on the right guy, just hoping its a younger blue liner that can hit and man the point on the 2nd unit.

And of course my new guy Lombardi haha but who knows...

I think we need a gritty tough guy or two,and like you said a solid defenseman whos physical and move the puck.As for Lombardi,his price tag may be too much for us.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest Lidstromboli

Of course he won't score 70. What do you take him for, some kind of 4th liner? It's 100 or bust for Happy Hudler, folks.

100 points? Who do you think he is, Helm? Hudler doesn't have that kind of upside.

I think that Datsyerberger's point is a valid one - is it certain that Babcock was referring to Hudler's points, or the net point gain that his return would inspire (e.g. Cleary getting more as well)?

Neither. Babcock clearly meant that Hudler is worth 70 points in the standings. Expect the wings to finish the year with about 170 points next year. Now some of you Hudler haters out there might say "but that isn't even mathmatically possible" well lets just wait and see who is eating crow after next season. :cool:

LOL. God damn you're stupid. "Way overpaid"?

Make a list of guys who put up 57 points who make less than Hudler and who were AVAILABLE on the market. Not to mention this guy did it playing 3rd line minutes.