• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

I do hope Ericcson turns out to be the D we all want him to be but i think the top pairing is to much pressure for him, right now anyways, i remember McKenzie saying that to. I wouldnt mind giving Bert 2-2.5 max to stay we can use his size thats for sure and he will defintly chip in a bunch of points. Didnt Hudler have 57pts playing limited min on the 3rd-4th lines and some PP time? i think playing full time top 2 lines there is no reason he doesnt hit 70

#22 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

We hardly got 70 points from our top 2 players this year.

Babcock is reaching too far here. At least he didn't say he expected 10 fighting majors out of him this season also.

Eva, why did you have to give me a minus for dogging on your boy? :hehe:

Anyone who expects Hudler to score 70 points has never seen him in a Red Wings uniform. Last time he was here, he was disappearing in the playoffs after Mike Brown laid him out.

I didn't hit you with a minus, GMR. I ignore that s***.

As for the topic, Hudler has as much scoring ability as anyone on the Wings when given the ice time. Only Datsyuk is a better playmaker on the whole team, and he is one of the team's best pure goal scorers. He creates his own scoring opportunities and opens up chances for his linemates. He sees the ice like few can. 70 is definitely not out of reach. Go back and watch how he ran that second PP unit some time.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

I didn't hit you with a minus, GMR. I ignore that s***.

As for the topic, Hudler has as much scoring ability as anyone on the Wings when given the ice time. Only Datsyuk is a better playmaker on the whole team, and he is one of the team's best pure goal scorers. He creates his own scoring opportunities and opens up chances for his linemates. He sees the ice like few can. 70 is definitely not out of reach. Go back and watch how he ran that second PP unit some time.

Wow, I'm surprised someone else here besides you sees him scoring 70 points.

Everytime we have a thread like this on LGW, something bad happens. Last year we had a "Will Franzen get 50 Goals" thread, and we've had a Zetterberg thread that was the same and of course that "Will Datsyuk Get 100 points" thread.

If those guys couldn't reach their fantasized projections, I can't see Hudler doing it. He's never hit 70 points, and now we may not have Lidstrom back next year and Hank and Pavel barely hit 70 this year. I just don't see it. If he hits 50 points, I say that's a pleasant surprise and a success.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

Last time he was with the Wings he was 3 points shy of 60. I don't see how Hudler getting 70 points is any less realistic than Datsyuk hitting 100. Both goals are difficult, yes, but also possible given their skill level.

#25 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

See I don't know. Isn't maybe a little unfair to reference production from the 08-09 season? That team, when healthy, had incredible depth.

#26 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

See I don't know. Isn't maybe a little unfair to reference production from the 08-09 season? That team, when healthy, had incredible depth.

Perhaps, but I think an argument could be made both ways when referencing depth. The team was incredibly stacked so Huds was more likely to have strong support around him, thus put up more points. At the same time, because the team was so stacked, Huds wasn't a top 6 forward, nor was he getting top 6 minutes. Next year he'll certainly have more opportunities to score and make plays than two years ago, but he needs to be more of a leader on the ice as well. Having said that, I still think 70 points is doable.

#27 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

Does that mean Babcock might actually play Hudler... say in key situations where the Wings need a goal (as opposed to renowned goal scorers like Draper and Kopecky (last year)), and give him more than 2 games at a time on the second line?

Because I just don't see Hudler, or anyone, scoring 70 pts with 12-13 minutes of ice time.

A very old argument that is still alive.
http://www.letsgowin...opic=39859&st=0

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#28 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

I thought he was implying that the offensive threat of Hudler's return will result in a net gain of 70 points, not necessarily 70 for Hudler himself.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#29 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:14 AM

Dats and Z had off years cuz of all the injuries. Dats and Z are still good for a 1 ppg. I dont see either breaking 90 but they should be good for 75-85 pts. Hudler could hit 70 but alot would have to go right.

Franzen/Dats/Homer
Bert/Z/Hudler
Cleary/Flip/Eaves
Miller/Helm/Draper
Ritola

Abby is NHL ready but id rather keep miller and let abby continue to develop in the AHL. Abby would be the first to get called up if someone gets hurt and i dont see Homer or Draper playing past this next season at least not with the wings. So that would open a spot for him next year for sure. Some of our PKers are getting old and it would be nice to have Miller to make it easier on guys like Dats, Z and Cleary. Plus Miller showed he has some offense upside.

I think Homer will return along with Nick. Bert is the one im not sure about.

If bert leaves

Franzen/Dats/Homer
Flip/Z/Hudler
Cleary/Abby/Eaves or Miller
Draper/Helm/Eaves or Miller

#30 Paolino99

Paolino99

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:31 AM

I personally think that Huds can hits 60/65 pts in regular season next season..
The KHL experience probably improves the goalscoring touch of this good forward!
Posted Image

#31 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:34 AM

Jiri Hudler threads seem to bring out the best in terms of both extremes of people disliking him and overvaluing him. :D and *sigh* at the same time.

I'd love to see 70 points happen for Hudler but that's a bit of a reach me thinks.

#32 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

Wonder if he expects datsyuk and zetterberg to put up 70 again as well. :unsure:

How bout Cleary and Flip? Both of them make a bit more money and in the past got more ice. Babcock should go public and put pressure on them to produce 70 or more points.

#33 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

I dont know why everyone wants Miller and Eaves back i like Miller but Eaves does everything Miller does and seems to be more gifted offensivly. We already have 2 lines of pluggers we need to go back to 08 and get some more depth in scoring into the line-up

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Hudler
Cleary-Filppula-Ritola/Tatar
Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm
Draper

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Filppula-Hudler
Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi
Eaves-Helm-Ritola/Tatar

Thats 3 solid scoring lines with a awsome grinding 4th line, i would love to see Tatar or Ritola in there full time next season finally get some young guys up while they are still young.

Edited by king_malice, 13 May 2010 - 07:12 AM.

#34 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,601 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

My guess is that Hudler will record between 50-65 points. 70, however, isn't out of reach for him.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#35 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Wow, I'm surprised someone else here besides you sees him scoring 70 points.

Everytime we have a thread like this on LGW, something bad happens. Last year we had a "Will Franzen get 50 Goals" thread, and we've had a Zetterberg thread that was the same and of course that "Will Datsyuk Get 100 points" thread.

If those guys couldn't reach their fantasized projections, I can't see Hudler doing it. He's never hit 70 points, and now we may not have Lidstrom back next year and Hank and Pavel barely hit 70 this year. I just don't see it. If he hits 50 points, I say that's a pleasant surprise and a success.

Jiri Hudler will not score 70 points next season.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#36 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

I think that Datsyerberger's point is a valid one - is it certain that Babcock was referring to Hudler's points, or the net point gain that his return would inspire (e.g. Cleary getting more as well)?
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#37 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,506 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Possible?...Yes, but unlikely.

I see Hudler getting 55-65 points...Hopefully Filppula will get the same.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#38 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

Possible?...Yes, but unlikely.

I see Hudler getting 55-65 points...Hopefully Filppula will get the same.

Filppula is all around a better player than Hudler.Hopelly Filpula can pick up 70.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#39 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

If the kid can get 56 points playing no more than 13 minutes a night... then how is it so impossible to think that with 16-19 minutes a night he can get 14 more points?

This thread is pure speculation on the negative side of things. Smile, 14 points is achievable.

#40 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

Can't see 70 for Val either...

We have been waiting and hoping for that now for some time. The guy has all world talent without the "finnish". Yeah that was a weak pun but really the guy can't score. Huds is a lot more likely to get to 70 but lets be honest, 55-65 thats probably his possible high mark in the NHL.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.