• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Holland Targets Gritty 4th Liner

Rate this topic

I like pre injury Lilja and all but really the only guys he had a good go with wereBoll and Sharp. Sharp isn't the toughest guy around and Souray he landed a good punch and they kinda lost their balance it was a TKO or anything.

Janik is a better fighter then Lilja is what I'm trying to say, and much more willing to go.

Jared Boll would be a good fit here.Skates decent,plays well defensively,and he's not afraid of anyone.

Decent 4th liner; would appease the goon-squad here at LGW.

And the squad that likes people who can skate and take a pass. Boll is actually a decent player, he just doesn't score.

Jared Boll would be a good fit here.Skates decent,plays well defensively,and he's not afraid of anyone.

Also, he is a raging ****** bag. I will pass.

The thing that makes me nervous is seeing that there was interest in Scott Parse.I just don't want another ***** coming here.

It was Eklund, don't worry there was no truth to that free agent list.

Why is he a douchebag? Because he beats up on the soft wings every year?

Add him to our lineup and suddenly we're the team beating up o other teams.

Guest micah

How so? I don't know much about him as a person. I did enjoy watching him in the USHL, he was quite the wrecking ball. His NHL game seems pretty similar. I remember people saying that he was a pretty nice guy.

What about Paul Crosty down in Grand Rapids?Maybe he gets a shot next year up in Detroit?

I don't think Crosty will ever hack it in Detroit. We're better off signing an NHL type guy then relying on Crosty. However I would never rule it out because he did work his way up from the ECHL.

He plays forward and defense so I guess thats a plus. I just don't see him ever having the ability to play in the NHL.

Right now Callahan is the most likely tough guy to make our line up, and hopefully after june 25th Mcilrath will be too.

I don't think Crosty will ever hack it in Detroit. We're better off signing an NHL type guy then relying on Crosty. However I would never rule it out because he did work his way up from the ECHL.

He plays forward and defense so I guess thats a plus. I just don't see him ever having the ability to play in the NHL.

Right now Callahan is the most likely tough guy to make our line up, and hopefully after june 25th Mcilrath will be too.

Well if Kenny has a hard time signing tough guys through free agency,at least he's drafting a few here and there.

I would be shocked if Holland picked McIlrath.

Don't be so sure. He's predicted to go somewhere around 20-25 right when the wings pick. And earlier this season there was that list of players the wings were scouting and kenny had Mcilrath highlighted among about 4 other guys. Its not that unlikely.

The Wings do prioritize skill over size/toughness but if they can have both then they'll surely jump at the chance. But every team wants those guys. They get picked very early. Then you're left with players that have skill but not so much size or size but not so much skill. A lot of people on here prefer the latter but the Wings prefer the former. If the Wings have a chance to get both then they'll go for it. I'm sure they'd absolutely love to draft a guy who some on here say has shown flashes of Chris Pronger, if the Wings agree with that assessment.

The Wings do prioritize skill over size/toughness but if they can have both then they'll surely jump at the chance. But every team wants those guys. They get picked very early. Then you're left with players that have skill but not so much size or size but not so much skill. A lot of people on here prefer the latter but the Wings prefer the former. If the Wings have a chance to get both then they'll go for it. I'm sure they'd absolutely love to draft a guy who some on here say has shown flashes of Chris Pronger, if the Wings agree with that assessment.

I'm thinking more like Hatcher then Pronger because Pronger is actually so good regardless of how much people hate him here.

Mcilrath is ranked to go around 20th, the highest I saw him going was 15th and most of the NHL writer mock drafts have him going to detroit. If he's still on the board when Detroit picks I'm sure they'll take him.

Unless of course someone else drops way more then what they should, Macfarland is a possibility.

Guest Lidstromboli

i've only seen one mock draft that has the wings taking McIlrath

most have them taking Mark Pysyk