• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#21 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

Jaromir Jagr would make a great 4th liner.

#22 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

If we cant afford Lilja for our 5th-6th dman we could throw Janik or OKT in there. They both have plenty of NHL experience and from what I have seen I dont understand why Janik is still in the minors.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

This won't be popular, but I'd love to see Holland give Georges Laraque a call and say "Hey Georges - you want one last shot at the NHL? Are you willing to shut your stupid mouth and play exactly the syle of hockey Babs tells you to play without complaint - if he says "go get him" you tear some MFer's head off and if he says "play hockey" you screen the net like nobody's business and hit everything that moves as hard as you can (within the rules, natch) without regard to who they are or how sorry you feel for them - because if you're willing to swallow your stupid-ass pride and start doing a job instead of doing whatever you feel like, I have a 4th line LW spot with your name on it".

Edited by micah, 12 May 2010 - 05:14 PM.

"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,825 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

How about

Asham
Burrish
Mair
Thornton
Begin
I hope to god he doesn't bring in Matt Cooke

I'd take any of those players.

Asham would top that list for me, and then we should also add a legitimate heavy on top of that. That would make us a tougher team to play against.

Top 6 will probably stay unchanged, since there isn't much out there that we can pursue, thus the bottom 6 forwards are all Holland can look for.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

I'd like to see Holland not spend all the cap money and wait for trade deadline or waived players.

#26 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

I dont mind not having a fighter on this team at all to be honest, we have the potential on this roster to not need and go out and get another gritty guy. If guys like Eaves,Helm,Draper,Cleary would go out there and do what they are supposed to do we are not in this situation. Lets be honest here Cleary,Eaves,Draper,Helm are not on this team to score us 50 goals, they are here to punish other players every shift by grinding them down and hitting, but it seems Abby is the only guy we can reply on to do this every shift. i think the last thing we need is another gritty 4th liner but we could use another big 3rd line power forward. I actually like Thornton over Asham only because he seems to scrap a little more and finishes alot more checks and could probably get him a little cheaper to.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Hudler
Cleary-Filppula-Helm
Eaves-Abdlerkader-Thornton(but i would love to see Ritola in this spot)

#27 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

I'd like to see Holland not spend all the cap money and wait for trade deadline or waived players.

There you go. That's exactly how I feel. The last two years the wings haven't been able to do anything at the deadline due to being up against the cap.
Hasek is becoming iconic in my mind

#28 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

Its not because we dont have the money well that is part of it the other part is the god damn NTC on this team like Cleary i would love to move him and his contract but he has a NTC

#29 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

I'd take any of those players.

Asham would top that list for me, and then we should also add a legitimate heavy on top of that. That would make us a tougher team to play against.

Top 6 will probably stay unchanged, since there isn't much out there that we can pursue, thus the bottom 6 forwards are all Holland can look for.

Asham and a heavyweight would be amazing.Here's my list of players i'd be happy with:

Shawn Thornton
Krys Barch
Arron Asham
Adam Mair
Brandon Prust
Eric Boulton
Raffi Torres
Steve Begin
Zenon Konopka
Andrew Peters
Brian McGrattan
Jody Shelley
Scott Nichol
Brian Sutherby
Kyle Chipchura
Ryan Johnson
Derek Boogaard
Brad Winchester
Colin Fraser
Darcy Hordichuk
Cam Janssen
Jared Boll
Ben Eager
David Koci
Nate Thompson
Tim Jackman
Aaron Voros
Brian Boyle
Adam Burish
Byron Bitz
Josh Gratton
Jamal Mayers
David Clarkson
Jason Chimera

Although goons like McGrattan,Janssen,and Koci are unlikely to be signed,theyre worth mentioning.There's plenty of muscle available this offseason.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#30 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

McGrattan is a buddy of mine i know he would love to play for a team with history like the Wings,I was also thinking Raffi Torres but Holland says cheap and Torres is defintly worth his money but i dont know how much Holland wants to spend but i would love him in the line-up he does it all.

#31 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Jaromir Jagr would make a great 4th liner.

There ya go :thumbup: Ritola~Jagr~Hudler ahahaha...sweet :siren:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,825 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

I doubt the Devils would let Clarkson go.

He's a guy that can fight and score occasionally.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#33 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

I really see no reason for this move in the off-season.

This team can do just fine in the regular season, so I say he sticks with what we have (unless he can find an impact forward) and wait until the trade deadline to see what the teams' situation is then.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#34 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Same story every year...

BTW I hope he goes after Thornton...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#35 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

I hope Abdelkader turns into the McCarty-Maltby fusion they seem to be molding him into. Get a gritty guy along side him and we got a pretty dangerous 4th line.

#36 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

Cam Janssen was the 1st name I thought of. I think he would be a good fit here.

#37 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

last thing we need is any more players over the age of like 28 we gotta think future

#38 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

I would love Brandon Prust. He can't handle a puck to save his life but he can skate really well and cause some mayhem on the forecheck. Not a bad fighter either, good energy player.

#39 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

Mike Grier

-------Thread---------

:hehe:
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#40 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

colby armstrong would be insane on the third line IMO. ...armstrong-helm-cleary....one can dream right? ..but how much will this guy want anyone guess or?