• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

In appreciation of...

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Wonder if they would have won in 98' had vladdy not been in that car crash?

Edited by mindfly

Watching those two videos still brings manly bromance tears to my eyes. Proof, in my estimation, that the Red Wings/Red Wings Fans relationship is somehow more elevated that the traditional "Hey I'm a fan of team X!"

Prolly similar to Montreal and the Habs, Boston and the Red Sox, and the other storied franchises in sports and their respective cities. Nice to think we has something special like that, eh?

The answer is yes.

Konstantinov was the league's best defenseman. He would be replacing Bob Rouse on this hypothetical roster, assuming no other changes. The team without him was Cup-capable even without Vladdy and without the motivation to win it for Vladdy. Having Vladdy instead of Rouse would have more than covered that difference.

Even better; Imagine Konstantinov wasn't in his crash, Grigorenko wasn't in his, and Fischer didn't have heart issues. We still draft Fischer and Kronwall...Lidstrom and Konstantinov handing off the reins to Fischer and Kronwall? Grigorenko was Ovechkin-level when he was drafted, and then in a car crash he shattered his femur and nearly died from an embolism.

Scary roster... in a good way.

2006: Carolina Hurricanes win, miss the playoffs the next two seasons

2007: Anaheim Ducks win, lose in the first round next season

2008: Detroit Red Wings win, lose in the cup final the next season, lose in second round the next two seasons

2009: Pittsburgh Penguins win, lose in second round the next season, lose in first round the next two seasons

2010: Chicago Blackhawks win, lose in the first round the next two seasons

2011: Boston Bruins win, lose in the first round the next season

Hmmmmm....

Guest Hatethedrake!

Good times, good times. Remember the VERNON I APOLOGIZE sign in '97? :lol: I also recall Feds leaving the ice during the Avs series in '97 and not wanting to come back and Vladdy telling him to get his ass out there because he was giving Russian hockey players a bad name. McCarty's Game 4 goal against the Flyers was another nice memory. Blasting the Flyers 6-1 at the Joe in Game 3. I recall being so happy they FINALLY eliminated the Avs in 6. Of course '98 was special as well. Winning it for Vladdy. Ozzie in net. The memorable Game 2 against the Caps where Drapes scored in OT. The big comeback win. I recall Esa Tikkanen missing a wide open net which would have won the game as they were up by 2 at the time. I recall Dale Hunter having Stevie pinned to the ice. Hunter was washed up then. Beating Eddie the Beagle in round 3 was fun. So many memories. 97 and 98. Great times to be a Wings fan. :thumbup:

Guest The Axe

:D ! Me too! I though for a moment Eva returned after turning into a Flames fan when Hudler singed there....

His Hudler defenses are classic.

Yes, and in less games.

Hear, hear!

Of course, if LA wins the Cup, that's two in three years. Which would be nuts. But would they have enough in the tank to repeat next season?

Depends on a few things, will it go another 7? Is their core still intact next season with no pending UFA's due for a big raise? Will Gaborik stay as he's been amazing for them?