• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

End of an Era....

Rate this topic

I really hope we can bring him in as the defence coach. Aside from Lids, who better could we have there.

I think Chelios will eventually be a coach and a damn good one... unfortunately, it probably can't be here (at least not anytime soon) - there's something to be said about coaching guys you once played with and how it usually doesn't work...

Also, as much as I love Lidstrom and think he can basically do no wrong, I do not EVER see him coaching - he does not have the demeanor to be a coach, he'd be more of a front office type guy (like Yzerman)

However, I really think McCrimmon needs to be sent packing, I think he was horrible and directly related to the steps back that guys like Ericsson and Kronwall made this year and just the overall horrendous PK we had while he was handling the duties...

With that said, I really hope we can retain MacClean and shift him back to the D coach (where he was in 08) and then bring Gerard Gallant on board for the offense... I think this would have great on ice results and good PR...

Edited by stevkrause

What are you talking about? It's not even close, he played WAY more games with Detroit...

Chicago:

Reg Season: 511 Playoffs: 65

Detroit:

Reg Season: 578 Playoffs: 150

I have no idea where you got your stats, but your reg season games for Chicago are way off, as are your playoff games for Detroit. The others are correct.

Here are the actual numbers:

Chicago:

Reg season: 664 Playoffs: 65 (reg season pts/PIM: 487/1,495, playoffs pts/PIM: 48/133)

Detroit:

Reg season: 578 Playoffs: 103(reg season pts/PIM: 152/613, playoffs pts/PIM: 28/104)

I have no idea where you got your stats, but your reg season games for Chicago are way off, as are your playoff games for Detroit. The others are correct.

Here are the actual numbers:

Chicago:

Reg season: 664 Playoffs: 65 (reg season pts/PIM: 487/1,495, playoffs pts/PIM: 48/133)

Detroit:

Reg season: 578 Playoffs: 103(reg season pts/PIM: 152/613, playoffs pts/PIM: 28/104)

I got mine from HockeyDB - where did you get yours? I must have added wrong... I just verified mine against TSN and they don't add up...

I am sorry to see Cheli hang them up, but we all know that we cannot go on forever.

Everyone always said he was a grouch, but the couple times I talked to him he was nothing but kind and funny. I will miss him. Wherever your journeys take you, Chris, I wish you well.

Wonder if in a couple of years time Cheli will regret retiring too early? "man, I coulda played another coupla years in the AHL..." :D

Favourite memories - mentoring Fisher at the same time as winning the Stanley Cup in 2002. Man, what a 2nd pair that was thumbup.gif

Good riddance... finally.

Lol at the negatives. I was wondering what that was.

I don't care if Chelios wore a Winged Wheel. All he did was cheapshot Wings players and their fans for a huge chunk of his career and then turncoat on his own fans and join the enemy. He's a DB.

I don't know what made my eyes bleed worse, seeing Chelios wearing the Winged Wheel or Wendy Clark.

Edited by Broken 16

I can understand your disdain for Chelios, but Clark?

Ya... Clark kinda bugged me too. Not nearly as bad as Chelios. But Wendel Clark was a Leaf for a long time and was a thorn in our side. It was just really weird when he got picked up at the trade deadline.

Good riddance... finally.

Lol at the negatives. I was wondering what that was.

I don't care if Chelios wore a Winged Wheel. All he did was cheapshot Wings players and their fans for a huge chunk of his career and then turncoat on his own fans and join the enemy. He's a DB.

I don't know what made my eyes bleed worse, seeing Chelios wearing the Winged Wheel or Wendy Clark.

I'm glad that he's retiring because he was turning into a has been. That being said, he was tough and dirty and you hated him if you played against him. I remember how in his younger years he was instumental in helping the Canadiens to Stanley Cups. And that goes for us as well. The year we beat Vancouver on our way to the final; I think 2002, he really took on a huge young Todd Bertuzzi and went into the corners with Bert the whole series - that takes guts. I don't think we would have won that cup with out him that year; and for that I'm grateful.

I'm glad that he's retiring because he was turning into a has been. That being said, he was tough and dirty and you hated him if you played against him. I remember how in his younger years he was instumental in helping the Canadiens to Stanley Cups. And that goes for us as well. The year we beat Vancouver on our way to the final; I think 2002, he really took on a huge young Todd Bertuzzi and went into the corners with Bert the whole series - that takes guts. I don't think we would have won that cup with out him that year; and for that I'm grateful.

Right. I'm not saying he wasn't a great player. He was. He helped the Wings in a lot of ways, no doubt. I still despise him though, and always will. He will always be a scumbag s***hawk* in my book.

*- Used with permission from Jim Lahey Inc.