• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Good stuff happens, and people forget how to act!

Posted Image

Posted Image

phots of riot

story on msn
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#2 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

Love him or hate him, I would be kind of scared if I saw a ton of rowdy people stepping on and burning a photo of my face.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#3 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:58 AM

Love him or hate him, I would be kind of scared if I saw a ton of rowdy people stepping on and burning a photo of my face.

No kidding. This is supposedly the guy who just won them the gold medal earlier this year too.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#4 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

Quebecers are not Canadians ;)

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

Hockey victory = excuse to steal booze and sneakers.

Disgraceful behavior. :thumbdown:
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

If Montreal wins the cup, I could see that entire city burning down :rolleyes:
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#7 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:12 AM

Given the circumstances (i.e. photo for which they are burning), I approve. :thumbup:

Posted Image

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#8 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

I hate Crosby too, but I wouldn't actually burn a photo of his face. Maybe I'd throw his jersey in a woodchipper, but I draw the line at fire.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#9 ChitownWingsfan

ChitownWingsfan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

listen, we've all done things we're not proud of after a good 2nd round victory, but that riot was unacceptable.

So hate on but guess what, I feel like I can't miss,
I know they want me to fall, But ain't nothin' bigger than this, So just pass me the ball

Posted Image
No Further Trades Needed

#10 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Not all Habs fans are Quebecois, and that mentality is slowly dying from generation to generation.
Rough as guts.

#11 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

Holy s***, just actually read the story. Didn't know it was THAT bad. They actually looted stores? Yikes

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#12 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

Thank you for acknowledging this, they are not Canadians! France didn't want them, Niether does Canada. Who riots to celebrate getting out of the 2nd round of the playoffs anyway? They barely won the first 2 rounds and haven't won a thing yet! Quebecois continuously find new ways to make them selves look like assholes!

Detroit is not known to be the safest city in America and I was there in 96 when we won the cup and millions of fans spilled into the streets... it was the happiest, friendliest mob of fans ever! No riots, no looting, no fighting, no burning just happy fun celebration by all.... and we won THE CUP!

Not all Habs fans are Quebecois, and that mentality is slowly dying from generation to generation.

I lived there until recently and its not dying nealry as fast as you think... They are a very prejudiced and racist breed and they instill it into their children. I saw it first hand! Being an anglo I was told to "go back to Ontario where I belong" and that they "don't know why they let my kind into Quebec"

#13 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

OMG THEY BURNED A PHOTO OF CROSBY!! ARREST THOSE MEN!

No but really, I do not believe it was Habs fans doing the looting. Any photo I have seen of things being looted were by people I highly doubt even know what hockey is. I think small groups of people see these celebrations and seize the moment to act on it. You can't tell me that if there was a large congregation in the streets of Detroit after a win, hell wouldn't break loose because some numbnuts and homeless guys took advantage of a situation.

Seriously, calm the f*** down. At least their fans have heart. That viewing last night sold out in 40 minutes. Hell, the Joe doesn't even get 5,000 people to watch an away game from joevision.

#14 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

Geeeeeeeeeez.

But I suppose that's just because Montreal fans are just jealous?

#15 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

Geeeeeeeeeez.

But I suppose that's just because Montreal fans are just jealous?

Jealous of his greatness! :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#16 Red Storm

Red Storm

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

That has nothing at all to do with it people of all stripes were on moron mode. It happens there quite easily because hockey is really the only big time game left in town . And the media whip it into a frenzy cuz its their only bread and butter . Baseball is gone there's no baketball, and the Als and soccer Impact support is not core . The Habs are the most finacially successful franchise year after year despite their mediocre
showing during the season; so now that their knocking off the top teams their going beserk. Hope the Flyers meet them.

#17 Red Storm

Red Storm

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Thank you for acknowledging this, they are not Canadians! France didn't want them, Niether does Canada. Who riots to celebrate getting out of the 2nd round of the playoffs anyway? They barely won the first 2 rounds and haven't won a thing yet! Quebecois continuously find new ways to make them selves look like assholes!

Detroit is not known to be the safest city in America and I was there in 96 when we won the cup and millions of fans spilled into the streets... it was the happiest, friendliest mob of fans ever! No riots, no looting, no fighting, no burning just happy fun celebration by all.... and we won THE CUP!

I lived there until recently and its not dying nealry as fast as you think... They are a very prejudiced and racist breed and they instill it into their children. I saw it first hand! Being an anglo I was told to "go back to Ontario where I belong" and that they "don't know why they let my kind into Quebec"

You have a point about their racist bent that their educated elite have instilled in the society for years. But that has nothing too do with the moronic bad apple behavior of some. Hockey is the only game that counts their - its their pseudo religion along with their bigotted nationalism. By the way I'm Canadian and our Federal government
sold out the Anglos in that province long ago allowing the English rights to be marginalized to second class citizen status ; and sometimes we think were better than Americans I laugh at that notion. Alright Alright I'm off my box now back to Hockey night in Canada.

#18 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

i was in greektown for the 97-98 cup win, and even the cops were stopping into the bars and drinking with us. pretty relaxed in the d...

dunno what the hell the habs fans were on about!
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#19 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Jealous of his greatness! :lol:

esteef

Heh. Well, I mean, burning pictures... That's not jealousy. That's real hatred for it and what it represents: Bettman's incompetence.

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

Imagine if these idiots win the Cup.

Rioting after a 2nd round win? Shows you what their franchise has sunk to.

Maybe it's a good thing that they've sucked for the last 15 years, or else we'd see more riots in Montreal.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.