• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Montreal rioting after win

Rate this topic

Love him or hate him, I would be kind of scared if I saw a ton of rowdy people stepping on and burning a photo of my face.

No kidding. This is supposedly the guy who just won them the gold medal earlier this year too.

Quebecers are not Canadians ;)

Thank you for acknowledging this, they are not Canadians! France didn't want them, Niether does Canada. Who riots to celebrate getting out of the 2nd round of the playoffs anyway? They barely won the first 2 rounds and haven't won a thing yet! Quebecois continuously find new ways to make them selves look like assholes!

Detroit is not known to be the safest city in America and I was there in 96 when we won the cup and millions of fans spilled into the streets... it was the happiest, friendliest mob of fans ever! No riots, no looting, no fighting, no burning just happy fun celebration by all.... and we won THE CUP!

Not all Habs fans are Quebecois, and that mentality is slowly dying from generation to generation.

I lived there until recently and its not dying nealry as fast as you think... They are a very prejudiced and racist breed and they instill it into their children. I saw it first hand! Being an anglo I was told to "go back to Ontario where I belong" and that they "don't know why they let my kind into Quebec"

OMG THEY BURNED A PHOTO OF CROSBY!! ARREST THOSE MEN!

No but really, I do not believe it was Habs fans doing the looting. Any photo I have seen of things being looted were by people I highly doubt even know what hockey is. I think small groups of people see these celebrations and seize the moment to act on it. You can't tell me that if there was a large congregation in the streets of Detroit after a win, hell wouldn't break loose because some numbnuts and homeless guys took advantage of a situation.

Seriously, calm the f*** down. At least their fans have heart. That viewing last night sold out in 40 minutes. Hell, the Joe doesn't even get 5,000 people to watch an away game from joevision.

Not all Habs fans are Quebecois, and that mentality is slowly dying from generation to generation.

That has nothing at all to do with it people of all stripes were on moron mode. It happens there quite easily because hockey is really the only big time game left in town . And the media whip it into a frenzy cuz its their only bread and butter . Baseball is gone there's no baketball, and the Als and soccer Impact support is not core . The Habs are the most finacially successful franchise year after year despite their mediocre

showing during the season; so now that their knocking off the top teams their going beserk. Hope the Flyers meet them.

Thank you for acknowledging this, they are not Canadians! France didn't want them, Niether does Canada. Who riots to celebrate getting out of the 2nd round of the playoffs anyway? They barely won the first 2 rounds and haven't won a thing yet! Quebecois continuously find new ways to make them selves look like assholes!

Detroit is not known to be the safest city in America and I was there in 96 when we won the cup and millions of fans spilled into the streets... it was the happiest, friendliest mob of fans ever! No riots, no looting, no fighting, no burning just happy fun celebration by all.... and we won THE CUP!

I lived there until recently and its not dying nealry as fast as you think... They are a very prejudiced and racist breed and they instill it into their children. I saw it first hand! Being an anglo I was told to "go back to Ontario where I belong" and that they "don't know why they let my kind into Quebec"

You have a point about their racist bent that their educated elite have instilled in the society for years. But that has nothing too do with the moronic bad apple behavior of some. Hockey is the only game that counts their - its their pseudo religion along with their bigotted nationalism. By the way I'm Canadian and our Federal government

sold out the Anglos in that province long ago allowing the English rights to be marginalized to second class citizen status ; and sometimes we think were better than Americans I laugh at that notion. Alright Alright I'm off my box now back to Hockey night in Canada.

i was in greektown for the 97-98 cup win, and even the cops were stopping into the bars and drinking with us. pretty relaxed in the d...

dunno what the hell the habs fans were on about!

this is hardly a riot. You want to see a riot? LA riots. People killing eachother in the streets in cold blood and burning their own neighborhoods down.

You can't let a few bad apples tarnish the entire city/team. If you are going to do that, then I guess blame the entire black race and dislike them for starting the LA riots back in 92.

I stand by what I said and it was simply a bunch of idiots taking over a situation. The cops were all too busy shooting tear gas into the crowd and couldn't have an eye on the stores the got smashed into.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

Imagine if these idiots win the Cup.

Rioting after a 2nd round win? Shows you what their franchise has sunk to.

Maybe it's a good thing that they've sucked for the last 15 years, or else we'd see more riots in Montreal.

A second round win for a team who were suppose to be eliminated (with ease) by the caps, and then by the pens as well. This team has already won two stanley cups(at least in it's fan's eyes) by eliminating the only two worthy seeds in the East.

Both my old man, and my younger brother are habs fans... while they of course want their team to advance to the SCF, beating both the caps and the pens has pretty much made this a winning season/post-season.

Side note: any Canadian who doesn't acknowledge Quebec as being a part of this great country, is not a true Canadian.

Sadly, I am not shocked by this. Not the first time we've heard of rioting in Montreal I think. And as much as I dislike thou shalt not be named, burning images of him? Come on......

Haven't these people ever heard of just celebrating out with the guys over a few beers?

A second round win for a team who were suppose to be eliminated (with ease) by the caps, and then by the pens as well. This team has already won two stanley cups(at least in it's fan's eyes) by eliminating the only two worthy seeds in the East.

Both my old man, and my younger brother are habs fans... while they of course want their team to advance to the SCF, beating both the caps and the pens has pretty much made this a winning season/post-season.

Side note: any Canadian who doesn't acknowledge Quebec as being a part of this great country, is not a true Canadian.

Go live in Quebec and see if you have the same thoughts after living there! They don't consider themselves as a part of our great country so why should we?

On another side note... wait until the winner of the Eastern Conference (doesn't matter who it is) meets the winner of the Western Conference (doesn't matter who it is either) because I have a feeling the Western team will destroy the Eastern without too much trouble! Remove Halak's miraculous performance from Montreal's current play off run and they are swept in the 1st round!

Edited by The Secret