• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Montreal rioting after win

Rate this topic

They will riot for less important things.

Riot at Guns 'n Roses concert

*edit*

But yeah, if they win the cup, that city is going to burn down. Almost 20 years since their last cup, I'd be alright with them rioting.

Some people may not agree with the rioting,but those fans are some of the most passionate fans in the NHL.

Guest mindfly

I love their team but cannot stand their fans.

It's one thing to be happy. It's quite another to do what they did.

Atleast their fans care about the team, showing interest and emotion... which can't be said about 90% of the american nhl teams

Go live in Quebec and see if you have the same thoughts after living there! They don't consider themselves as a part of our great country so why should we?

On another side note... wait until the winner of the Eastern Conference (doesn't matter who it is) meets the winner of the Western Conference (doesn't matter who it is either) because I have a feeling the Western team will destroy the Eastern without too much trouble! Remove Halak's miraculous performance from Montreal's current play off run and they are swept in the 1st round!

I actually have lived in Quebec (though I was too young to remember it now), and have visited many, many times (including Montreal, and even some smaller, more french speaking towns). Truth is, there are some who treat anyone who speaks english poorly, but to gerealize an entire province over a few is ridiculous. I live in Ontario, have have for almost 30 years now... and I can tell you that the prejudice you feel when you speak english in Quebec, the French feel when they speak french in Ontario.

Side note: I agree with your side note 100%.

Guess my hatred really exceeds what I thought it was at...

These pics make me laugh.gifthumbup.gif

But really, lets wait for the Cup Habs fans for the celebration. Realize these are huge wins and all but there could be better things to come. But hard to find anything better than a ripped up burned picture of Skid Mark. Shows how they really felt about him winning that Gold for them.

But still,that city is crazy for hockey.No,not every one of those people involved in the looting even watched the game.I know what you're saying tho.

Oh definitely. Les Canadiens are an institution in Quebec.

What pisses me off is that Detroit still is the butt end of jokes about rioting after playoff victories. Nothing really bad has happened here since the 1984 Tigers. Since then Dallas, Denver, Montreal, LA, Boston have made huge asses of themselves but we are the city with the bad rep.

Atleast their fans care about the team, showing interest and emotion... which can't be said about 90% of the american nhl teams

While I think this whole thing is pretty pathetic (Common, rioting after a 2nd round win!) ...I cant really disagree with this statement either...

A second round win for a team who were suppose to be eliminated (with ease) by the caps, and then by the pens as well. This team has already won two stanley cups(at least in it's fan's eyes) by eliminating the only two worthy seeds in the East.

Both my old man, and my younger brother are habs fans... while they of course want their team to advance to the SCF, beating both the caps and the pens has pretty much made this a winning season/post-season.

Side note: any Canadian who doesn't acknowledge Quebec as being a part of this great country, is not a true Canadian.

Please do all Canadians on this board a favour don't lecture on who and who is not a Canadian; you should no better with our identity crisis we always mull over as we compare ourselves to Americans. And let us not forget our Big Brother the CBC that has kept our distopia going. Now back to Hockey Night in Canada with Don Cheerleader Afgan land our boys securing the perimeter for the drug lords. Damm I got get down from that soap box again.

Bring Brandon Prust to Detroit we need sandpaper.

It is crazy here. Red, white,and blue everywhere. Don't agree with the looting and all, but the passion here is unmatched.

As for the rioting being a French thing, come on. What about the English hooligan soccer fans, the Colombian player who was shot following the '94 soccer world cup, the fan who stabbed Monica Seles,etc.. It's a Habs thing, not a French thing. I doubt the Expos could have ignited such passion. As a French person, I gotta say some commments here are downright rude.

It is crazy here. Red, white,and blue everywhere. Don't agree with the looting and all, but the passion here is unmatched.

As for the rioting being a French thing, come on. What about the English hooligan soccer fans, the Colombian player who was shot following the '94 soccer world cup, the fan who stabbed Monica Seles,etc.. It's a Habs thing, not a French thing. I doubt the Expos could have ignited such passion. As a French person, I gotta say some commments here are downright rude.

I'd love to be able to experience a playoff game in Montreal one day.22,000 insane fans roaring.It's gottta be unimaginable.Never ben to Quebec,so i can't say anything about the people.You can probably verify this,living there: if they win the cup,that entire province will be burnt down.

i dont understand the need to riot in montreal everytime the Habs win a playoff series.

I don't understand it either.

However, I've read stuff on Montreal and how it's a mafia run city and the High School drop out rate is about 40%. The city has been going down hill since the 1970's because people and businesses have been leaving in droves for Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.

That right there may explain the bad behavior and lack of respect in that town.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/10/29/montreal-is-a-disaster/

Unfortunately at this point, rioting is more probable then not. If they win, the people who do this will take to the streets. If they lose, they will probably do the same.

Living near enough to LA, I have seen up close the stupidity of the looters, arsonists, and so on. Even in 1992, during the Rodney King beating trial, where the officers were acquitted, a lot of the looters were all found and prosecuted for their crimes. Mostly because there is surveillance cameras everywhere! And god forbid the Lakers win a championship! Then Staples Center becomes the stage for all the idiots rolling cop cars and burning them.

Guest Lidstromboli

Hockey victory = excuse to steal booze and sneakers.

Disgraceful behavior. :thumbdown:

Like you even need an excuse to steal booze and sneakers.