• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

Atleast their fans care about the team, showing interest and emotion... which can't be said about 90% of the american nhl teams

While I think this whole thing is pretty pathetic (Common, rioting after a 2nd round win!) ...I cant really disagree with this statement either...
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#42 Redwingsfn31

Redwingsfn31

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

Quebecers are not Canadians ;)

This

#43 Red Storm

Red Storm

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

A second round win for a team who were suppose to be eliminated (with ease) by the caps, and then by the pens as well. This team has already won two stanley cups(at least in it's fan's eyes) by eliminating the only two worthy seeds in the East.

Both my old man, and my younger brother are habs fans... while they of course want their team to advance to the SCF, beating both the caps and the pens has pretty much made this a winning season/post-season.

Side note: any Canadian who doesn't acknowledge Quebec as being a part of this great country, is not a true Canadian.

Please do all Canadians on this board a favour don't lecture on who and who is not a Canadian; you should no better with our identity crisis we always mull over as we compare ourselves to Americans. And let us not forget our Big Brother the CBC that has kept our distopia going. Now back to Hockey Night in Canada with Don Cheerleader Afgan land our boys securing the perimeter for the drug lords. Damm I got get down from that soap box again.
Bring Brandon Prust to Detroit we need sandpaper.

#44 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

i dont understand the need to riot in montreal everytime the Habs win a playoff series.

#45 RyanK

RyanK

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Awesome!

#46 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

It is crazy here. Red, white,and blue everywhere. Don't agree with the looting and all, but the passion here is unmatched.

As for the rioting being a French thing, come on. What about the English hooligan soccer fans, the Colombian player who was shot following the '94 soccer world cup, the fan who stabbed Monica Seles,etc.. It's a Habs thing, not a French thing. I doubt the Expos could have ignited such passion. As a French person, I gotta say some commments here are downright rude.

#47 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

It is crazy here. Red, white,and blue everywhere. Don't agree with the looting and all, but the passion here is unmatched.

As for the rioting being a French thing, come on. What about the English hooligan soccer fans, the Colombian player who was shot following the '94 soccer world cup, the fan who stabbed Monica Seles,etc.. It's a Habs thing, not a French thing. I doubt the Expos could have ignited such passion. As a French person, I gotta say some commments here are downright rude.

I'd love to be able to experience a playoff game in Montreal one day.22,000 insane fans roaring.It's gottta be unimaginable.Never ben to Quebec,so i can't say anything about the people.You can probably verify this,living there: if they win the cup,that entire province will be burnt down.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#48 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

i dont understand the need to riot in montreal everytime the Habs win a playoff series.

I don't understand it either.

However, I've read stuff on Montreal and how it's a mafia run city and the High School drop out rate is about 40%. The city has been going down hill since the 1970's because people and businesses have been leaving in droves for Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.

That right there may explain the bad behavior and lack of respect in that town.

http://www2.macleans...-is-a-disaster/
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#49 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

Unfortunately at this point, rioting is more probable then not. If they win, the people who do this will take to the streets. If they lose, they will probably do the same.

Living near enough to LA, I have seen up close the stupidity of the looters, arsonists, and so on. Even in 1992, during the Rodney King beating trial, where the officers were acquitted, a lot of the looters were all found and prosecuted for their crimes. Mostly because there is surveillance cameras everywhere! And god forbid the Lakers win a championship! Then Staples Center becomes the stage for all the idiots rolling cop cars and burning them.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#50 puertoricanWingsfan

puertoricanWingsfan

The only Puerto Rican Zamboni driver you've ever met

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

burning pictures of Crosby and stomping on his face??

GAH!!! I ALWAYS miss the best parties... :angry:
"Pssshhh. I eat pieces of sh-- like you for breakfast."
"You eat pieces of SH-- for breakfast?!?"

#51 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

I had no idea that homeless crackheads were such serious hockey fans.

#52 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hockey victory = excuse to steal booze and sneakers.

Disgraceful behavior. :thumbdown:

Like you even need an excuse to steal booze and sneakers.

Posted Image

#53 Rush

Rush

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Posted Image

This isn't being used anymore.

:lol:

"Pee-Town, Baby!"

Edited by Rush, 13 May 2010 - 11:49 PM.

#54 Datsasuk

Datsasuk

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

This explains my feelings towards the matter.

#55 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

The looters should have at least worn old-style goalie masks and Habs jerseys to make themselves blend in and hide their identities.

My cousin lived in LA during the riots. He said a lot of people from his work went down to loot. He's an engineer for a well-known transportation firm. Yeah. People who make more money in a month than I make in a year were down looting. Why? Because they knew they'd get away with it.

Probably the same story there, although I have no doubt that actual hockey fans would have a reason to steal the booze for later celebrations.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#56 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:43 AM

From Toronto Star :

Police suggested a tiny fraction — just 1 per cent — of the estimated 50,000-strong throng that had crammed the street were responsible for the previous night’s trouble.

They estimated 500 people were involved in the bottle-tossing and unruly behaviour, while a smaller number smashed their way into three stores: a Foot Locker, a liquor store, and a trendy clothing boutique.

Authorities say 41 people were arrested in all.

With the tough "language laws" regarding store signs, how does Foot Locker get away with this?

It’s unclear how many were Montreal hockey fans. At least one man detained was from Wisconsin. Another appeared in court, however, wearing handcuffs and a No. 41 Jaroslav Halak jersey on Thursday.

Stupidity has no borders.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#57 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

From Toronto Star :

With the tough "language laws" regarding store signs, how does Foot Locker get away with this?

It’s unclear how many were Montreal hockey fans. At least one man detained was from Wisconsin. Another appeared in court, however, wearing handcuffs and a No. 41 Jaroslav Halak jersey on Thursday.

Stupidity has no borders.

I had too many Molsons that night :blush:

Edited by F.Michael, 14 May 2010 - 07:59 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

This is a unique approach; from Toronto Star :

The city’s finance committee has put together a set of operating budget recommendations that would effectively make the hockey club pay for the extra policing required to control frenzied fans during the playoffs.

I don't think it would work but it is different.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

This is a unique approach; from Toronto Star :

I don't think it would work but it is different.

Would it count against the Cap?

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#60 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

The city fines the club for damages and costs, the club then passes the cost onto you and me!
lighten up people, it's the internet!