• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tinistien

Hawks or sharks?

Rate this topic

sharks over chicago....but after penguins are out, i prefer a east-team to win the cup

as long as its not chicago, i'd rather it be a team from the west. I would have no problem w/ the sharks winning it.

I'd prefer montreal to not win it so we can have an easier chance at catching up to the number of cups that they have :o

Guest Heaten

Depends on the Refs. Are the refs going to call phantom stuff to created multiple 5 on 3 chances for one team, or are they going to call it fairly?

I hope the Canadians or Bruins win the cup. That's who I'll be rooting for.

At the end of the day, I don't think that we lost the series due to officiating. I would rather see the Sharks get through than the Hawks, for two reasons. For starters, we're not divisional rivals with the Sharks. Furthermore, it's always nice to say that if you got knocked out, you got knocked out by the (Conference) winners.

As far as the playoffs go, I'm rooting for the Flyers. I've only been to one NHL game (as I'm a softie who wears a visor and plays a Eurotrash game), and it was in Philadelphia (a disappointing tie with the Thrashers, nothing to write home about). Also I quite like some of their players, so I'm rooting for them.

For me its always been Wings or bust! If the Wings aren't in it then I cheer for no-one. I will watch, I enjoy a good hockey game, and there's no doubt that the Sharks vs Hawks series will be a good one but i really couldn't care less who wins just so long as they beat the hell out of each other.

EDIT: Never mind... I hate the Hawks and I hope they lose

Edited by The Secret

Would be nice to see CHI in the Finals and then a loss to the Eastern Conference team.

Hossa´s third consecutive SCF without happy end!

Wouldn't that make Hosse the pariah of the league? Nobody would want him come playoff time because then they would be assured not to win the cup.

I want the Sharks to win, but Chicago probably wins the Cup from now on out.

Sharks in the Finals would be bad for NHL ratings, but I'd love to see it happen.

Is anyone else looking forward to Murray vs 'Buff'?

If I could pick a team to win it would be Philly, but part of me wants a WC team to win, just as a statement that our conference is better and harder to play in.

Is anyone else looking forward to Murray vs 'Buff'?

If I could pick a team to win it would be Philly, but part of me wants a WC team to win, just as a statement that our conference is better and harder to play in.

Reminds me of the show "The Biggest Loser" :ph34r:

Reminds me of the show "The Biggest Loser" :ph34r:

Haha. Am I the only one who finds 'Buff' an inappropriate nickname? 'Chunky' seems to work so much better...

Even if the Hawks win the Cup, it ain't like they went through the Wings to get it. So I don't think it's as bad. I don't want the Sharks to win simply because of the bs officiating controversy regarding our series with them. Rather see the Bruins win it.

esteef

Never quite seems like anyone gets off unscathed when we don't make it haha. Very good points on not going through the Wings to get there. Best of luck to Chicago getting out of there not having like 6 2man advs. to kill.

Sharks mean MacLellan wins his cup as head coach.

Hawks mean it's Hossa finally getting his name on it.

I'm leaning towards the Sharks, but both options are fine with me.

as for East... Bruins, then Habs then Philly. all of them behind whoever wins West.

I'll take the team without the dumb-as-a-sack-of-hammers fans who chant "Detroit sucks" every night no matter who they're playing.

Couldn't agree more. The best part of our rivalry with Chicago is how one-sided it has been, the entire hockey mindset of the city seems to be an inferiority complex, and I for one do not want the status quo to change.

Besides, the Sharks are the only team remaining that has no fans who work at my company, so if they win then I don't have to hear any bragging over the summer. So, as much as it pains me to say it so soon after losing to them, Go Sharks!

Edit: Just found out that the Flyers fan just got fired, so screw the Sharks, Go Flyers!

Edited by McAwesome

Chicago, honestly. I want an Original 6 match-up in the SCF. Also, my dad is a die-hard Hawks fan and he hasn't seen his team in the SCF since 1992. My team was there in 1995, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008 and 2009. It would make him so deliriously happy, and after everything he's been through the last year, he deserves it.

So yeah, go Hawks.