• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tinistien

Hawks or sharks?

Rate this topic

Sharks for sure. One of my favourite teams. Unlike The s***tsburgh West (Chicago) they did not build their team by sucking and using high draft picks. They also have Todd as a coach. They have the choker sign Wings used to have not too long ago.

Add Chicago bandwagon fans that chant Detroit sucks on every occasion to the mix and it is no contest. Also, I hate that fat black guy with funny name I cannot spell. Buffugly or something. And Patty Kane. Anyone but Chicago.

Go Sharks.

Edited by Reds4Life

Sharks. Then they lose in the Cup finals in 7 games to Boston or the Habs.

Since they beat the Wings, it seems only right.

An original 6 matchup would be nice, but I can't stand the thought of that douchebag Kane winning the Cup. With him, painting the Toews mural and signing Hossa, it just seems like they shouldn't win it all this year.

This. Joel Quenville's name on the Stanley Cup as a head coach just isn't right.

I'd also like an original 6 matchup, but would rather see Philadelphia win than Montreal. I'm happy they knocked out Pittsburgh, but I've been a closet Flyers fan for a while now.

You know, at first I wanted Chicago (despite my distaste for them) to go to the Finals, just so we could potentially have an original 6 matchup. But the more I think about it, Chicago hasn't earned this. San Jose has suffered for years with disappointment, being picked as favorites and choking. So I think of all the teams left, San Jose probably has done more over the years to truly earn the Cup, whereas Chicago just sucked, drafted two good players and made a bunch of ridiculous signings.

That and San Jose is probably the only team left that doesn't have a huge hate following.

My utter hatred for Blackhawk bandwagoners that I have experienced first handedly going to a school in Milwaukee with nothing but kids from Chicago suburbs who didn't even know their city had a hockey team because it wasn't on TV makes me want to root for the Sharks. This is also usually my go to because the Sharks beat the Wings so you would want to see them go far.

But the drought the Hawks have endured and the story of their comeback is one you have to admire, though I dislike them. And the idea of an Original Six matchup in the Stanley Cup Finals cannot be passed up.

Canadiens all the way, though.

Post Script: Finally got around to reading "Legendary Stanley Cup Stories" by Brian McFarlane. Great read with some great history if anyone wants to check it out at their local Borders.

It's VERY HARD to root for any of the teams left...

I'm from Montreal and it is DEFINITELY band-wagon town here... f*** I hate when my co-workers mention the wins even though they've never watched one single regular-season game...

If the Sharks win, it's another cup for California... s***... no offense Cali!!!

I just don't want Chicago to win!! I don't hate Hossa, but I hate the whole team from top to bottom.

It's really hard for me to root for Chicago because of how arrogant their team is....but, I'm going to root for them over the Sharks. On the East, I'm pulling for the Habs. I think the Habs deserve the cup more than any other team this year because of what they were able to pull off this post-season.

Habs/Hawks in the Finals would be great (since our Winged Warriors are out). Original 6 all the way! I hate Chicago when we're playing them, but I'm rootin for them for the Cup. As long as Philly and San Jose lose, I'm good.

You read my mind.

I dont like any of the teams that are left at all. But if I have to choose id have to go with sharks. Only reason I don't want them to win is because they beat us. But I really don't want blackhawks to win because of hossa