• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Youngest Staal traded to Carolina

Rate this topic

:blink:

Isn't the trading deadline gone?

I always thought teams couldn't make trades until the offseason begins?

Teams that are out can trade with each other.

Besides, this is a trade of "rights", so it's not a big deal. Phoenix wasn't going to sign Staal, so they just moved his rights to Carolina, who will presumably sign him.

I think he was traded so he could play with his brother. The Staals have a great family thing going, even Jordan wants to be a Cane.

Haha they should throw them all one team. They'll be the Stall line! That would actually be a pretty good line though. And Marc will be on as well with them

Good value for a 5th in my opinion, considering we got a 5th + OKT for Leino. Staal is big, has good bloodlines and his older brothers always spoke really well of him.

The other brothers say that Jared has the best hands out of all of them, does it mean he's the best? No, but it counts for something.

Guest Lidstromboli

The other brothers say that Jared has the best hands out of all of them, does it mean he's the best? No, but it counts for something.

or they're just saying nice things about him because he's their brother

Living in Sudbury, and having seen him play for the Wolves, I dont blame Phoenix for trading him. He was drafted because of his name, not because of his skill set.

I'm going to defer to someone who has seen him play - with that said, how long ago did he play there and is his potential at least worth a 5th? I mean it's not a high draft pick, so this could be a good move for Carolina...

Going to be interesting to see if Carolina tries to get Jordan and Marc.

A collection of Staal's would be interesting.

How would Jordan's and Jared's name be on the back of the jersey? Jo. Staal and Ja. Staal haha?

I'm going to defer to someone who has seen him play - with that said, how long ago did he play there and is his potential at least worth a 5th? I mean it's not a high draft pick, so this could be a good move for Carolina...

He's played in Sudbury the last three years.. and I think he's put up one 20 goal season. His bloodline alone i suppose makes him worth a 5th round draft pick, but I can't see him cracking an NHL roster any time soon.

The one thing I would say is this family seems a little injury prone to me, and a touch on the overrated department as well.

I think the whole family thing is blown out of proportion, I don't think they are close to the Millers or Hatchers.

But hockey is a family environment, it has always supported families and usually once a hockey family always a hockey family.