51 replies to this topic

#1 Rufio

Rufio

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

Per TFP.com

First, Dave Nonis took himself out of the running for the general manager position with the Lightning. Now, it appears Steve Yzerman is out of the mix, as well.
Nonis signed a two-year extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs earlier this week. According to several sources, TFP has learned that Yzerman has turned down the opportunity to become the GM of the Bolts.

Several reports indicate former Minnesota Wild GM Doug Risebrough is also believed to be a candidate for the post, though one source suggests he may also be out of the picture.

The Tampa Tribune reported yesterday that current TSN analyst Pierre McGuire is among the other contenders up for the job.

Once a new GM is named, the Lightning will begin their search for a new head coach.

Great news! I really hope he can be Detroit's GM one day. He'll have to be patient though.

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

Great news! Stevie has better taste than that.

Please, Lord, let them hire Pee-air so he will stop showing up on hockey broadcasts. Please!! <_<

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#3 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre.

Please?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#4 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre, hire Pierre.

Please?

Knowing the junior team every single NHL player played on is an asset for a GM so we know Pierre is qualified there.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#5 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

Knowing the junior team every single NHL player played on is an asset for a GM so we know Pierre is qualified there.

Pierre McGuire a GM? :lol:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#6 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Why is Pierre always in the running for being a GM? I think he might be a good Junior scout, but other then that, he knows the most random facts about players that nobody needs to know.

If he was a GM, I could see him being as bad as Mike Milbury...

However, I am all for it, that way I would never have to see his bald, creepy, cocky, repetetive, corny, annoying face on TSN ever again.

Glad that Yzerman is staying with Detroit! I'd like to have him in the organization as long as possible, it just wouldn't seem right seeing him everywhere else. (Kind of like Bowman, but it happened)

Edited by WingsallTheway, 13 May 2010 - 05:05 PM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#7 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Whew. Thought we'd lose him there for a second. I know he should do what's best for him, but selfishly I want him to stay with the Wings.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#8 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

Me too. In my perfect world, Stevie sticks around long enough to become the Wings GM after Ken Holland either retires or decides to take the promotion to team president that Ilitch wants to give him. And you know, that may still happen. It all depends on how long Stevie is willing to be patient and wait. He's got a sweet gig with the Wings already, and they give him the flexibility that lets him go off and be the GM of Team Canada whenever he wants. Of course, I'm sure Ilitch doesn't want him going anywhere, so who knows what was promised to Stevie. If he's been told there's a chance of him taking over the helm of the Wings in the next 10 years, he may just stick around until that happens. Anything beyond that, he may begin to look elsewhere.

But I am so glad he's staying, at least for now. I know I'm not the only Wings fan who is not quite ready to let go of Stevie just yet. It just somehow wouldn't be right. Like a brother leaving to be a part of another family or something.
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#9 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

McGuire a GM. Thats a laugher. He's and idiot. Go ahead and take the job just we can get your ugly mug off my tube. He will also run that franchise deeper into the ground.

#10 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

I'd rather he be a GM than to hear his voice on every NBC game.

#11 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

I'd rather he be a GM than to hear his voice on every NBC game.

:thumbup:

#12 NEpats1028

NEpats1028

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

I really hope Pierre takes the job. I can't stand listening to him in between the benches every Sunday. GET OFF THE BENCH PIERRE!! Glad #19 is stickin around

#13 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

is it just me or does pierre look like af****** weird penis with glasses...i hate that giant d-bag. PLEASE PIERRE TAKE THE JOB!!!!!

#14 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Yissssssssssssssssss

Posted Image

#15 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

I think McGuire should not wear those *** glasses
Posted Image

#16 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

I'll 2nd, 3rd, 4th, whatever, the comments here about wanting Pierre to be hired by TB so I don't have to hear him on TSN and NBC anymore!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#17 banzaiwolfe

banzaiwolfe

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

I think McGuire should not wear those *** glasses

I'm more worried by him pressing his head up against people he talks to :scared:

#18 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

i dunno, Pierre would probably be a better GM than morons like Sather and Waddell

Edited by Lidstromboli, 13 May 2010 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

I'm more worried by him pressing his head up against people he talks to :scared:

Yea he get's in nice a close when doing an interview. I'd be backing away.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#20 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

i think yzerman should get at least some GM experience at some point before eventually taking over for the wings. maybe rebuild a team like atlanta or columbus. or even pittburgh :yowza: